Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This game of Multiworld Madness has grown too large for me to handle. What would you have me do?

Muster up remaining strength and complete the current chapter. Bring the game to a logical close, then reboot it.
- 32 (37.2%)
Same as 1, but a whole new game will be started instead, still Multiworld, but no longer Madness.
- 9 (10.5%)
Get just this last turn done and reboot the game. No point wasting energy if updating takes so long.
- 31 (36%)
Get the last turn done and start a new game project.
- 14 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 409

Author Topic: RTD - Multiworld Madness! Final Update: Parts 1 and 2, out of ~4.  (Read 403991 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Dodge - Multiworld Madness. Runs RTD Extended 1.3.
« Reply #1005 on: September 26, 2008, 04:54:47 pm »

Alright, I made another turn. I have so little free time now, it's very odd. I don't even have time to post spoilers...

------------      
Turn 32      
------------      
Quote from: Gantolandon
   I use the forge myself to build myself something to actually fight. A sword or sabre for example, and maybe a nice armor. For this task I draft the dwarves who were most helpful when we had built the keep door. And I strongly suggest them they treat this work as a noble mandate.   
|   You turn to a dwarf, intending to persuade him into making something for you, when suddenly your sight goes dark, then red. You feel yourself as if dreaming, but in your dream you hear curses, screams of pain and despair, and all you see is blood and death. Suddenly the feelng leaves you. You open your eyes. You are lying on the ground, and feel that you are wearing something that's not exactly underwear. You examine yourself, and are shocked by what you see. On your body is a multipiece suit of plates, made of what you suspect to be bones and skin. It is exquisitely crafted, and engraved with fine images (usually of someone dying). The suit covers your body entirely, you don't find any way to take it off, though you don't have a helmet. Or no, you do! There it is, a rather odd helmet, also made of bone.. or a skull. It's on the table, right by the... axe. A very peculiar axe made of bone and reinforced with iron. You take the axe and put the helmet on. You feel very odd. Looking around, you find lots of blood on the floor. You suspect that you did something bad, but at least you got yourself something nice from it. (the suit of bone plate/gauntlets/high boots/helm set gets you a +1 against slashing and piercing, but it's rather unwieldy despite being lightweight, so you get a -1 on non-dodge agility. The bone axe is just a good weapon, very well made, but posessing no special properties.)   
Quote from: andrea
   i try to find and enter the cellar (if it is still there ) using my maul to clear the rubble    
|   With a mighty swing of your maul, you send a sizeable amount of debris flying, revealing the slightly charred floor. You see that the floor has partly collapsed into the cellar, but the hole is still there. Carefully avoiding the flames, you climb down. You look around, and spot Elica,| impaled on a large nasty shard of one of the support pillars, bleeding and badly burned, but still alive and conscious. He seems happy to see you, though it seems he won't risk talking or trying to move to avoid receiving further injury. He's used some of his clothing, and no doubt some nature powers to stop his bleeding, but he's pretty much helpless. You don't find anything else in the cellar. The building continues burning.   
Quote from: Jay Kayell
   I pick up a nearby boulder and throw it at the elven leader    
|   You stand up, look around, and spot a nice almost-round boulder on the ground. You take it into your large hand, and then something in the texture of the rock reminds you of basketball. Grinning maniacally, you jump in the elf leader's direction and try to slam-dunk the boulder through his skull! | Surprised, but not quite shocked by your manuever, the elf counterattacks! He jumps off, backwards, and his bear pounces at you mid-jump! | Lacking thrusters to move in midair, you cannot avoid the attack, and the bear pummels you in the chest with both front paws! | Your armor cannot withstand this attack, the bear punches through it! | Suddenly the armor shines in a dark red color! Sharp spikes of bone and metal burst through it and impale the bear! In a few moments it is torn into pieces and absorbed by the armor, pieces of brown fur now covering several parts of it, and bear claws embedded into its hands. You land hard, leaving a deep depression in the ground. The elf leader looks greatly dismayed, and steps back a few paces. (Your armor now has +1 against piercing damage, but it is heavier - agility penalty increased to "-1 to all agility". It can also deal gore damage with its hands.)   
Quote from: korora
   I'll leave the keep and start elf-slaying with the mighty Ashcraver.    
|   You run down the many stairs and exit the keep, but the elves are too far away to quickly reach. You are mildly frustrated by this fact.   
Quote from: LASD
   I'll practice pickpocketing by picking my own pockets.   
|   You suddenly realise your suit HAS no pockets. Funny thing, that.   
Quote from: Rooster
   I try to figure out a way to make my next action get a 5   
|   You ponder the meaning of life as you know it and the number 5, but don't come to any solid conclusion. You suspect it has something to do with rolling. (Put plainly, you don't. Also, look at the rules. "Casual reality bending is not in effect".)   
Quote from: Boksi
   I'll try to intimidate my way to Kashyyk's head and pick it up. I intend to put him back together, because someone has to.   
|   Turning all intimidating and menacing, you quickly head toward the elf leader's group. Approaching them, you see two armored elves, looking like they're celebrating the defeat of their enemy, and notice Kashyyk's head in the bushes. You walk over to it and pick it up. It looks at you.   
Quote from: Frelock
   I use my control of TK to fly over to above the battle scene with Kashyyk, chaoticag, and Jay Kayell, looking as awesome as possible along the way (I make sure I can fly before actually stepping off the keep's edge, however).   
|   Using your knowledge of telekinesis, you form a sphere of force around you that negates your weight. It allows you to float up easily, at will. The effect only works when you are concentrating, however, so you decide to waste no time. Jumping off the edge of the keep, you fly like Magneto, inside a barely visible sphere, and stop perfectly above the elf leader and his cohort.   
Quote from: chaoticag
   I will eat the weakest elven heavy's soul in order to heal myself.   
|   You should have practiced soul vore beforehand. You are unable to grasp the concept of using another's life energy to heal yourself.   
Quote from: Kashyyk
   I pull myself back together, preferably in the bush, using pure strength of mind.   
|   Concentrating your mind, you manage to control your separated parts. Without attracting too much attention, your legs and upper body walk/crawl towards the bushes, where the rather flabbergasted Boksi helps you rebuild yourself. You are whole now, and managed to attract no attention during the act.   
------------      
NPC Actions:      
Quote from: Elica Larifera
   Elica is a swordself. Recently hired by Frelock. He's armed with a wooden longsword, and dressed in (somewhat pierced) green-grey close-fitting clothing with scarce leaf-shaped decoration. Is badly bleeding and burned, impaled on a large piece of a support in the burning ruins of the tavern.   
   He doesn't say or do anything in particular, but he looks at andrea in a very "please-dont-let-me-die" way.   
Quote from: Ballista operator dwarf
   This is the ballista operator dwarf who was resurrected by Frelock. He practically LOVES Frelock. Has brown hair and wears clothes of indiscernable blackish leather.   
   He continues his fire/reload routine.   
Quote from: Horde of elves
   A sizeable threat to anything wearing leather or sleeping in wooden beds, this force of several thousand elves now surrounds the keep, and pretty much occupies the entire town. The elves seem hesitant. It seems they are waiting for a command.   
Quote from: Keep Defenders
   The dwarves and humans return to the roof and various battlestations around the keep.   
Quote from: Elf Leader
   An elf clad in shimmering cloth-like armor, wielding a sword of shimmering metal. With a cry full of anger and grief, the elf charges at Jay Kayell!   
|   Wow, he's fast. Lightning fast. JK didn't even have time to block the attack,| but he didn't really have to. The omnivorous armor locked onto the shimmering sword that struck at its arm, and promptly added the sword to JK's collection of armaments. The elf is caught flatfooted by this, he stumbles and falls down.   
Quote from: Elf Heavy 1
   An elf clad in heavy wooden armor lined with a shimmering material, and armed with a broadsword with shimmering edges. Down on the ground near chaoticag, lower body badly cut, bleeding.   
|   The elf pulls his sword out of his gut and caters to his wounds. He successfully stops the bleeding.   
Quote from: Elf Heavy 2
   An elf clad in heavy wooden armor lined with a shimmering material, and armed with a broadsword with shimmering edges. Standing near chaoticag.   
|   Seeing his leader in peril, the elf rushes to his aid, leaving chaoticag alone.   
Quote from: Elf Heavy 3
   An elf clad in heavy wooden armor lined with a shimmering material, and armed with a broadsword with shimmering edges. Standing not far from Boksi and Kashyyk.   
|   This one does likewise, rushing to his master's side.   
Quote from: Elf Heavy 1
   An elf clad in heavy wooden armor lined with a shimmering material, and armed with a broadsword with shimmering edges. Standing not far from Boksi and Kashyyk.   
|   As does this one, but he manages to pay enough attention to the surroundings to notice Kashyyk's legs being gone. He's too busy to ponder that one.   
------------      
Elven assault!   No players are in conditions applicable for the roll.   
------------      
Status after turn:      
Boksi:      
Standing upright in the bushes, near the elven leader and his cohort.      
Wearing a reddish-black jacket of Karl Moebius leather, underwear, and slightly torn jean shorts. Wielding a masterwork steel halberd. Holding a wooden arrow covered in andrea's blood.      
Skin charred in several places and hurts.      
Abilities: Basic TK Manipulation.Basic TK Healing. Big Bully. Special status: Carbon Flesh Interweave. Can only speak goblin. Activated Visual Omnisensor.      
andrea:      
Standing upright in the cellar of the burning tavern ruins.      
Wearing underwear and fairly comfortable greyish trousers. Also wearing a armor set: -Iron splint-mail-, a shirt of leather, Bronze plated greaves, <<Iron high boots>>. Wields a +Steel maul+.      
Hands burnt, in pain.      
Abilities: Shrapnel Self. Basic TK Healing. Empowered by Lightning (currently Very Depleted).      
korora:      
Standing upright out on the street near the keep.      
Wearing underwear, and makeshift bra-scarf clothing. Also wearing the armor set: <<+Iron breastplate+>>, a soft leather shirt, an Iron helmet, some hard leather greaves and -Aluminum high boots-.  Owns an Iron handaxe and a -Black bronze warhammer-, both on the third floor of the keep for now. Wields The Ashcraver.      
Legs and arms bruised.      
Abilities: Mighty. Extremely Agile. Basic TK Healing (!).      
chaoticag:      
Standing upright, out in the field near the elven leader.      
Wearing the armor set: +Steel Chestplate+, -Copper chainmail-, Aluminum cap, hard leather leggings and <<Copper plated boots>>. Wielding a wooden longsword.      
Upper body and arms battered, deep slash wound on upper body,one rib broken. Concussive damage to internal organs, large bruise on left upper arm. Bruised back. Bleeding.      
Abilities: Basic TK Healing.      
Gantolandon:      
Standing upright on the third floor of the keep.      
Wearing underwear, a thin silky sweater, and a set of armor: A <<*Bone full plate armor*>>, +Bone gauntlets+, +Bone high boots+, and +Bone full helm+. Holding a paperclip and a nice pair of white socks. Wielding a +Bone Axe+.      
Much of the skin is burned and causes pain. Right hand seriously burned. Face and most of the body bruised. Hands pierced by numerous splinters. Left wrist sprained. Nasty scratch along the head. Minor bleeding.      
Abilities: Basic TK Healing(!).      
Frelock:      
Floating in a bubble of force above the elven leader and his cohort.      
Wearing underwear, a somewhat dirty <<*Giant cave spider silk robe*>>, and +hippo leather sandals+. Wielding a Steel Quarterstaff and a -Small Iron throwing knife- as a backup weapon.      
Unharmed.      
Abilities: Slightly improved strength. Meagerly improved agility. Can be cautious while calm. Improved TK Healing II(!). Stone Frank's Revivification. Basic TK Field. Special status: Activated Selective Translator.      
Kashyyk:      
Standing in the bushes somewhere near the elven leader and his cohort.      
Naked. Wielding a -Steel Greataxe- and a makeshift Willow Buckler.      
Flesh turned into iron, three arrows sticking out of abdomen, right leg, and left shoulder, numerous small dints and cuts.      
Abilities: Enrage Other. Enrage Self. Basic TK Healing(!). Special status: Activated Selective Translator (2). Steel scales. Extra: Rollerblades in the forearms.      
Rooster:      
Standing upright on the roof of the keep.      
Wearing underwear, and the armor set: -Iron chainmail-, iron chain greaves, copper boots, and a soft leather dress to wear all of that better. The chainmail is nicely polished, and almost looks silver. "Wears" illusion clothing (white garments, white robe) seen only by him. Wielding an +Iron longsword+.      
Nose broken, bleeding, forehead and chin bruised.      
Abilities: Improved Intelligence. Basic TK Healing. Power of Trickery (+)(+). Special status: Blessing of Peace. Beyond Invisible. Beast Within. Extra: Doesn't know who he is, and calls himself Red.      
LASD:      
Standing upright on the roof of the keep.      
Wearing underwear, and a white/pink/yellow suit and top hat made of underwear. Also wearing the armor set: <<+Iron chain Cuirass+>>, -Iron chain gloves-, Iron chain greaves, and Iron low boots. Wielding a *Aluminum tower shield*      
Battered head and upper body(back). Bruised left foot. Sprained right wrist. Minor burns on various parts of body.      
Abilities: Power of Peace. Power of Persuasion (suit bonus does not apply).Special status: Peacekeeper.      
Jay Kayell:      
Standing upright near the elven leader.      
Wearing purple stretchy shorts. Useless shreds of underwear on right arm. Wielding a +Iron flanged mace+. The armor is armed with a collection of axes and swords (including one shimmering elven blade), and its steel clawed fists as well. The armor has 5 unspent arrows.      
Unharmed.      
Abilities: Novice Wrestler. Basic TK Healing. Blood of the Blood God. Blood Rage. Special status: Wearing Improved Corpse-steel power armor.      
---------      
Environment:      
Tavern:   Was a two-floor building. Now it's a mangled fiery ruin. The building houses your enter/exit point, but how to use it is completely up to you now.   
Human/Dwarven Capital:   Large city on the outskirts of hell knows where. Holds a modest amount of homes, from hovels to two-floor apartment buildings, a set of shops, a temple, and a keep. Currently being surrounded by a verily horde of elves. The dwarves are mounting a large defence using siege engines atop the keep.   
Food store:   Square one-floor building with long tables laden with salted and fried meats of all kinds. There's a single wide table at the far end, with a chest on top of it. There's a mighty fine hole broken through the ceiling.   
Cloth store:   Rolls of cloth and various cloth, silk, and leather articles of clothing are on the many shelves inside this building. There's a single wide table at the far end, with a chest on top of it. The entire building is barely standing, most of its roof is collapsed. There's a pile of elf-paste near the building, and some elven corpses.   
Armor store:   Everywhere in the shop various pieces of armor are thrown about, shields of different sizes litter the floor, and arrayed under the now-broken shelves and tables are enough various boots to outfit a battalion. At the far end of the building, there is a single wide table. The heavy chest is on the floor, broken, a large supplement of coins from it now covers the floor.   
The Keep:   Large four-floor building. The first floor is almost devoid of furniture. A lot of civilians are huddled together in groups all over the floor. At least a dozen and a half guards are also there. The second floor is a massive stockpile of wood, metal, and stone. Dwarves constantly lug the materials to the upper floors. The third floor is turned into a massive workplace, with many workshops constantly working. The fourth floor is a large storage of siege ammo and some strange barrels. The roof of the keep is fortified with 9 ballistae and 3 catapults. There is some strange metal safe in the center of the roof, with 4 small keyholes and 1 large depression.   
The Temple:   Tall and proud, beautiful building of white marble, a solid first floor surrounded by columns is supporting several ring-shaped floors held up by beautiful marble supports. A deep pool of shiny, clear water can be seen inside the building. Well, it probably was like that. The entire thing has recently tried to rise up in mighty wrath as a gigantic statue of a carp, but failed miserably and broke to pieces. Afterwards, the overpowered Rooster single-handedly sent the whole place into oblivion along with the elves, who now cannot be seen, heard, or even smelled by anyone other than themselves.   
------------      
Background: [5]   Examining the dwarves' armor closer, LASD sees that taking the keys out of it may be a problem - they are held by metal rings inside the slot, so one would have to cut the rings away, or find some other way of taking the key out. Andrea notices the small hatch used by Gantolandon, still open.   
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: September 26, 2008, 05:03:04 pm »

i  heal elica!!
and , of course , i say nothing about who destroyed the tavern

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: September 26, 2008, 05:48:08 pm »

Hehehee... Bear-eating armor ;D

I smack all three heavies aside with my mace and then I stomp their leader into the ground
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

Nonanonymous

• Bay Watcher
  • A blithering idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: September 26, 2008, 05:55:03 pm »

Hehehee... Bear-eating armor ;D

I smack all three heavies aside with my mace and then I stomp their leader into the ground

Keep in mind you absorbed what's probably an adamantine sword, and aside from runes, they're only wearing wooden barrels for armor.

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: September 26, 2008, 06:00:43 pm »

Keep in mind you absorbed what's probably an adamantine sword, and aside from runes, they're only wearing wooden barrels for armor.

Yes, but being stomped into the mud is a much more humiliating death for a leader than being cut in half by a sword.  ;)

Nonanonymous

• Bay Watcher
  • A blithering idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: September 26, 2008, 06:17:20 pm »

Yes, but being stomped into the mud is a much more humiliating death for a leader than being cut in half by a sword.  ;)

I was actually referring to the heavies.  I think the sword would work better than a maul on them.

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: September 26, 2008, 06:23:00 pm »

Ah, I didn't think of that.

New action: I slice my way through the heavies with my new sword and then stomp their leader into the mud.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: September 26, 2008, 06:34:02 pm »

Wow, flying actually Worked?  Awesome!  And it looks like that +1 to concentration when healing will really come in handy now.

I heal chaoticag and boksi.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

korora

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: September 26, 2008, 06:55:05 pm »

I'll hack my way to the elven leader... going out of my way to slay as many elves as possible, of course.  Ashcraver thirsts.
DFPaint, a cross-platform 'screenbuilder' utility

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: September 27, 2008, 02:50:36 am »

I think I can't do anything about the keys by myself right now.

So, I learn telekinesis. (This time really meaning that word. And hopefully without catastrophic consequences.)

I presume you don't need me paralyzing the leader or the heavies.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 02:56:38 am by LASD »

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: September 27, 2008, 02:57:12 am »

Though your cheers are greatly appreciated, may I suggest you do something more productive, like exercise!  Actually, in all seriousness, it would be really great if you could practice your persuasion technique.  Who knows?  It might come in handy later. 

Or you could pray to the gods for power (might backfire ;)).
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: September 27, 2008, 04:21:59 am »

First: I march out of the bushes, as powerfully as possible. Hoping to suprise the Heavies into running away from this immortal advesary.
Second: I challenge the leader to a duel again.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: September 27, 2008, 06:05:19 am »

Now that I am finally alone, I heal myself using TK.

Gantolandon

• Bay Watcher
  • He has a fertile imagination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: September 27, 2008, 06:42:41 am »

Fell mood? Hell yeah!

There is one more thing to do. I activate my band, trying to master dwarven language.

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: September 27, 2008, 07:44:47 am »

I'll change my action.

I find a safe reflecting something (that works like a mirror) and practice persuading by persuading myself to get better in persuading.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 07:46:26 am by LASD »
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 409