Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Zombies  (Read 1519 times)

Mulch Diggums

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hey urist! I think that cat is having a seizure!"
    • View Profile
Re: Zombies
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2008, 04:08:04 pm »

What happens when some one gets bit by a snake man? Like, whats the message? Is it "Snake man has injected you with venom"? Or "The snake man has bit you, you feel numb"
ooooo! Swamp wiskey! Yeah!!

Neoadept

• Bay Watcher
  • Would you look at that hat?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2008, 04:31:59 pm »

I've actually been working on a total conversion mod along these lines.  The zombies I have are set up like this:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

They shamble at an appropriately slow pace and, while you can hack off limbs to your hearts content, are very hard to kill in close combat and can take a few shot gun shells unless you happen to get the head.  Since they can't speak (replace INTELLIGENT with CAN_CIV and CAN_LEARN (or SLOW_LEARNER)) they are guaranteed to be at war with everybody.

Speaking of which:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

With this set up, although they start of with only two sites (isolated outbreaks) they tend to take out most human civs (and I upped them to twelve starting civs a piece) and make it the Infested Age in under two hundred years.

Getting killed by these things is hilarious, since they're almost never alone.  One bites you, and you try to kill it before the plague sets it, then another shows, and another, and pretty soon there's a dozen all tearing at your internal organs until you eventually bleed out.  Then they get up and shamble off in random directions.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2008, 04:45:02 pm »

-edit- Replaced [NOEAT] with [BONECARN]. Btw, im playing on the old version, is there a tag that lets the zombies eat their fallen enemys, like the elves do, or so i've heard.

If you are on a version with ethics, just change the [EAT_SAPIENT_KILL:???] to acceptable. If you are on a version before ethics than no, there is no way to make them eat killed enemies.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2008, 05:45:49 pm »

Neoadept, your zombies are quite neat and authentic, I like them very much :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository
Pages: 1 [2]