Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 38

Author Topic: Funny but sad/disturbing moments in Dwarf fortress  (Read 209168 times)

Hagadorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO-GIFTS] [NAUGHTY]
    • View Profile
Re: Funny but sad/disturbing moments in Dwarf fortress
« Reply #300 on: March 03, 2009, 10:06:36 am »

5 dwarves are sparring, they were all peasants, but turns out that one was a child come peasant who had bulked up his social skills (and his appraising for some reason...) So anyway, he had superdwarvenly strong n tough... So the scene!

Urist Mctoughdwarf: Hey, Abel

Abel McOrdinary: Yeh, urist?

Urist: Lets spar!

Abel looks urist over: I dunno... your pretty strong...

Urist hefts his silver warhammer: Aww come one, I mean, really, its just silver, I'm only doing 50% and we all have steel plate n shit! You even got an artifact Shield, Man!

Abel looks a bit worried, but nods: Alright, but be careful!

Next Second Abel goes flying out my barracks door, into the great hall and slams onto the artifact floodgate that is the centerpiece for my dining hall. He explodes messily.

Urist, Disturbingly Cheerfully: Sorry! *bright idea* Hey, Sven, Come here...

Sven flies out and hits a passing hauler, knocking them both into the dining hall where they break their necks.

Urist, giggles a little: What a jolly good shot! Hey, Laden, Whats over there?

Laden comes flying out of a different door and slams into his WIFE, killing both instantly.

Urist starts cackling and starts laying about with his hammer, killing another 2 recruits. FINALLY a champion rocks up

Champy McChamps-a-lot: Whats all this then?

Urist: uhhhh... Sparring?

Champy: ... *looks at the spattered remains of the squad* Well... *gets out his steel axe* Lets get to it...

Needless to say, The engraving made me happy...

"This masterful engraving is of a dwarf surrounded by dwarves, The dwarf is striking down the dwarves, The dwarf is cackling."
You see, booze is a parasite. It lives off dwarves and compels them to dig into the ground so as to create massive defences to protect it's self. It really shouldn't be called dwarf fortress, Booze fortress would make much more sense.

knightedskull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: March 03, 2009, 12:56:04 pm »

[While this thread is back]
As a modded SoF in adventure mode I was killing  elves with glee and happiness. I was untouchable no one landing a hit on me yet...until i met a very agile ( not his stats) elven swordsmen who I couldn't hit and so we were dodging and missing until he hit me... he scratched my creatures arm! he shall pay. After many turns of combat  the fire around us eventually wounded his leg and I was able to grab his wooden shield setting it on fire and then taking it from him and throwing it in his face. After killing him, his weapon was useless as even iron weapons melt on the hands of my creature let alone wooden weapons. After trying to fly over the carnage an elven bowman shot me down and I broke a few limbs, i proceeded to crawl towards the border to which I could heal him again.But the elf wouldn't quit so i threw rocks until he stopped shooting the arrows to chase me down... it was a splendid hand to hand combat as I broke his legs, grabbed his quiver ( only thing leather) and then took his bow ( setting it on fire) and pierced his heart with it... what a lucky throw!  :o I think I still have a gamelog copy.
The next place to raid didn't go well for having an axe embeded in my spine  :(

tehmarken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: March 03, 2009, 01:15:54 pm »

I'm gonna keep this short and sweet, because it was hilariously tragic.

A dwarf caravan arrived, and was making it's way to the trade depot. I had my dwarves furiously moving my goods, since I had been storing up a lot of tradable for this year's caravan from the mountain home. So I walked away to get a drink while the caravan was moving across the map and my dwarves were moving goods to the depot.

When I got back the message: "A diplomat has left unhappy" was over my screen. Puzzled, I resumed the game, and see a raging fire at my trade depot, corpses everywhere, and a horrifying list of nearly a dozen of my dead dwarves.

And a god dam fire imp corpse at the trade depot. Apparently a fire imp followed the trade caravan, just out of range of the guards. Apparently he caught up when they parked at the depot, and sent a fireball right into the depot.
Sadly, the dwarves from the mountain home had brought lots of ale and wine. There were bits of dwarf, ox, and other unsavory things all around. A smoldering fire and the occasional exploding barrel remained at the depot.

I immediately commisioned a stockpile's worth of coffins :(

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: March 03, 2009, 01:53:39 pm »

One word.

Catsplosion.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

knightedskull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: March 03, 2009, 02:04:43 pm »

Waste of good booze  :(
Did the caravan drop an anvil as they were leaving?

Wizardmon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: March 03, 2009, 04:48:36 pm »

My mayor killed his own wife. Everyone remains Ecstatic.

Mayor's Thoughts:

Wife's Thoughts:

It's interesting to see that every single one of my dwarfs are still ecstatic and happy as ever. and that the crime was ignored by the guards I have, even more interesting that the wife's punishment was reduced from death to death.

It was the mayor who killed the wife, in the middle of a mechanics workshop.

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: March 03, 2009, 04:53:18 pm »

She was beaten recently.  :o Domestic violence anyone?

avari

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: March 03, 2009, 06:09:30 pm »

Well I just had something happen in my fort (or rather, human town), which was sad but also kind of cool and maybe even funny in a way, so I thought to post it in this thread.

A peasantwoman was living in the town, her name was An Talpumik. She had given birth to a baby, whom she used to carry around on her back. One day An was gathering some wood just outside the town walls, when suddenly a horrible goblin with an iron halberd appeared in front of her.

An ran away, and the goblin only had one chance to swing its halberd at her. An managed to escape unharmed - however, the goblin had hit the baby :( The baby bled to death right outside the gate. An dropped the dead baby and ran. Moments later, a crossbowman in a nearby watchtower shot the goblin in the throat.

Needless to say, An was devastated by the loss and was miserable. She did continue her duties as a hauler, until soon:
An Talpumik, peasant, cancels store item in bin: Seeking infant.
Apparently, An was delirious in her grief and believed her baby was still alive. She ran to the gate, only to be confronted by her dead child still lying in a pool of blood. Confused, she returned inside and resumed hauling.

Meanwhile, my mason had constructed a nice *limestone coffin*. Someone hurried it into the newly opened crypt, and it was declared as the final resting place of the dead baby. And who would the headsman tell to fetch the corpse from the gate and place it in the coffin? An Talpumik herself, naturally. And so An buried her baby child all alone in the dark crypt. Well, at least she did get a happy thought from "admiring the fine burial receptacle".

Later on, of course, An dined a couple of times in the crowded longhouse which was so legendary in her mind that she quickly forgot about the baby. She has also by now given birth to two more babies and is ecstatic all the time, just like everyone else.

tehmarken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: March 03, 2009, 07:41:41 pm »

Waste of good booze  :(
Did the caravan drop an anvil as they were leaving?

Upon retrospect, it was a great event. They left THREE anvils, and 4 guards worth of full steel plate. And lots of bones =\

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #309 on: March 03, 2009, 10:19:54 pm »

its like "ah man the traders died!" ... "wait" ... "they left me good stuff!" ... "party time"
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

knightedskull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: March 04, 2009, 08:56:00 am »

Three anvils and plenty of steel...now to craft the bones to bolts, send some markdwarfs near magma pipe, kill rest of imps, then harvest the power of magma!

Must have been horrible deaths being boiled to death by the thing you love.. booze!

krumlink

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Apathy
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: March 08, 2009, 11:28:15 pm »

There is nothing more entertaining then having all 7 of your dwarves killed by skeletal ducks.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: March 08, 2009, 11:37:15 pm »

There is nothing more entertaining then having all 7 of your dwarves killed by skeletal ducks.
This game doesn't have ducks in it.

GetAssista

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: March 09, 2009, 09:01:53 am »

This game doesn't have ducks in it.
He probably meant d*cks? That would be sad/disturbing moment indeed. Oh, wait, you can't have those skeletal
this is experimental forum text worm virus.
please add me to your signature on all your forums and delete some of your personal files on your hard drive.
thank you.

Pilsu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: March 09, 2009, 09:06:17 am »

Some mod packs add all sorts of frivolous creatures into the game
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 38