Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Game crash on human invasion  (Read 761 times)

King Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Game crash on human invasion
« on: August 30, 2008, 08:51:35 am »

the first human caravan I got had its liason killed by goblins, the second year rolls around and instead of a caravan I get a siege, a squad of human swordsmen/wrestlers. The first few times they ran around the map, made a campfire then the game crashed, eventually I managed to get a game loaded where they charged into my trap corridor and I took them out. Third year rolls around, they show up with six squads, outnumbering my fort by about 20 and the game just keeps crashing the second they all spawn in.

dermal_plating

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Game crash on human invasion
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 10:11:14 am »

I've got the exact same thing happening to me now. Its crashed once while the humans were sitting round the camp fire and I haven't loaded the game again, but from what I've read about this bug I can expect it to continue crashing. Is there any way of fixing it? I was thinking maybe I'll just run my dwarfs out and kill them next time instead of waiting in my impenetrable fortress. Any suggestions?

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 11:17:59 am »

Hi!

I am sorry, but my experience with this is not really comforting. I recently had a similar crash, which happened when the human siege was repelled (it was caused by their historic diplomat got trap-killed during their first visit). Because of the FPS display, I couldn't see the "SIEGE" status, but my traps had succeeded in scaring the humans of, and I was about to organize the cleaning-up when the game crashed.

Because that world was pretty messed up anyway, I took this as a chance to quit that world entirely, so I can't say whether it would have reocurred.

Deathworks

SquidDNA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 02:09:15 pm »

Related: http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=24204.0

I'll check out my savegame for a human diplomat showing up. Is there a notification when that happens? Usually the bandits make camp somewhere and then walk around for a bit, and then it crashes. Maybe the human diplomat crashes the game when he enters the map.
Relicnews Forums Fleet Biologist

dermal_plating

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2008, 10:23:37 am »

I just loaded my save game again, and again was sieged by humans. They hung around on the map edge for some time then began to move on the fortress so I sent out my dwarfs to defend and defeated them without any crash. I've played on for about half an hour without an crash. The only thing I notice different about the second time was that there was no camp fire so maybe this is whats causing the problem.

SquidDNA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
AHA.
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2008, 01:23:44 pm »

Relicnews Forums Fleet Biologist