Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Online games/MMOs  (Read 1423 times)

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
Online games/MMOs
« on: August 29, 2008, 05:23:01 pm »

At first I was going to talk about City of Heroes and Ryzom, but I figure a lot of us DFers play online games and mmorpgs, some of us even have DF based clans/guilds in these games. So I decided to make this topic more generic instead, maybe make a list of games we play and guilds/clans we have in these games so we can help each other out or simply get together in the games. I know most are paid for and we're a bunch of cheap bastards, but anyhow, I think it would be good to list these things down.

GameShard/ServerForum NameCharacter nameGuildDF Based
City of HeroesVirtueSoulwyndAsyneSpace BunniesNo
RyzonEnglishAlkalyneThe SoulNo
RilderRilderNone yetNo
ShadowbaneTest ServerDarkone8753VariesDivine Darkness/Krah Tal'a'krahNo
Kingdom of LoathingOkenidoOkenidoNo
World of WarcraftSilvermoonMufflesMufflesKnights of InsanityNo
Shin Megami Tensei: ImagineCerberussmeejS m e e jnoneno
« Last Edit: August 30, 2008, 11:08:41 pm by Soulwynd »

Darkone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Online games/MMOs
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2008, 07:08:13 pm »

Shadowbane     Test Server    Darkone8753   varies   Divine Darkness/Krah Tal'a'krah   no...

Got a bunch I used to play, but don't play anymore.
"LOL, those nub FBI, they thought you were sharing software so they kicked down your door, only to find you recently wiped your entire hard drive, how wacky! Case dismissed."
[11:58] <Jay16> I couldn't begin proper last time I tried this because I embarked next to a hydra.

Okenido

• Bay Watcher
  • Loli Advocate
    • View Profile
    • New Various Nonsense
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 07:40:26 pm »

Kingdom of Loathing l None l Okenido l Okenido l None l No...

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008, 08:40:39 pm »

Man, I used to play shadowbane... How is it nowadays? I bet they haven't done anything with it. I'm looking forward to play a few of these games, champions online, startrek online, darkfall. Speaking of darkfall, I was watching one of the new trailers, it would be awesome to have a dwarf clan there.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2008, 09:04:11 pm »

Crucify me if you must.

World of Warcraft | Silvermoon | Muffles | Muffles | Knights of Insanity | No
Shoes...

Darkone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2008, 07:15:51 am »

Man, I used to play shadowbane... How is it nowadays? I bet they haven't done anything with it. I'm looking forward to play a few of these games, champions online, startrek online, darkfall. Speaking of darkfall, I was watching one of the new trailers, it would be awesome to have a dwarf clan there.
Shadowbane went free about 1 or two years ago :P  Now the new devs are doing major changes that ubi didnt have the balls to do, like getting rid of all the noobs that had to use /tar en mass to win at banes :P

Note- Dwarves are still tough as ever.... damn those priests take a lot of killing o.o
Note 2- Who else thinks a bolo strategy/FPS mmo would be epic?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2008, 07:23:15 am by Darkone »
"LOL, those nub FBI, they thought you were sharing software so they kicked down your door, only to find you recently wiped your entire hard drive, how wacky! Case dismissed."
[11:58] <Jay16> I couldn't begin proper last time I tried this because I embarked next to a hydra.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2008, 10:21:44 am »

Ryzom       English            Rilder        None yet        No

Thats all lately.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2008, 11:13:47 am »

Crucify me if you must.

World of Warcraft | Silvermoon | Muffles | Muffles | Knights of Insanity | No
I used to play on silvermoon, I thought wow was sort of fun, until level 40ish, then it was a bit too much of work to get anywhere, and while pvp was fun, it really depended on the team you got in with you.

@Darkone, I stopped playing shadowbane a bit after it went free. I never got anywhere tho, so I have no idea what mid/end game is like... If I run out of mmorpgs, I will give it a go again, but I have two right now and there are more coming. :(

@Rilder, If you need a guild, I can talk to the people from the soul to invite you, they're pretty nice, mostly european tho. Not that it's a bad thing, it's just the timing that's off.

smeej

• Bay Watcher
  • The last thing you remember...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2008, 02:03:24 pm »

Shin Megami Tensei: Imagine | Cerberus | smeej | S m e e j | none | no

I've been toying around with Ryzom and EVE but can't really get into them. Conan was kind of a disappointment and two years of WoW was enough. I'm done playing CoH basically and just waiting for Champions.
IT'S A SAD THING THAT YOUR ADVENTURES HAVE ENDED HERE!!

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2008, 08:12:26 pm »

Yeah, I'm waiting for a few, champions included... Shin Megami Tensei has a mmorpg? :x  I did not know that.

smeej

• Bay Watcher
  • The last thing you remember...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2008, 10:31:59 pm »

It's only in Japanese but is playable without a working knowledge of Japanese. There's a pretty active group of English speakers as well.

It takes place between SMT1 and 2. And it's free!
IT'S A SAD THING THAT YOUR ADVENTURES HAVE ENDED HERE!!