Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Adamantine Artifacts(possible Spoilers)  (Read 2442 times)

Wild Goose

• Bay Watcher
  • My Avatar Has Something Green. Yay solidarity!
    • View Profile
Re: Adamantine Artifacts(possible Spoilers)
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2008, 05:42:55 pm »

Unfortunately, it'll be on your heart or lungs or spine.

All with me now..."Argh, my organs!"
"Adventurer's Motto; Take everything not nailed down and nail down whoever tries to stop you."

"Whatever happens, we have got the ballista and they have not."

The dwarven economy is just a stand-in, from what I understand. As it is, it represents an actual economic system about as well as poison ivy represents a salad.

krumlink

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Apathy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2008, 06:04:15 pm »

This begs the question. When the adamantine spear strikes the adamantine chain mail, which is stronger?

Given the nature the nature of spears as a weapon, and the nature of chainmail in its construction, the molecule-fine edge of the adamatine spear will easily go through the spaces between/in the adamatine links. The spear tip won't break, but neither will the adamatine rings. At worse you'll get a really small cut.

Thats relative to the width and the length of the spear tip. If it is quite long and narrow you could go all the way through your victim. If too wide it will be more of a bludgeoning type wound.

Kyselina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2008, 06:58:38 am »

Why does he think an adamantine chainmail is bad?
Tun Athelbuket, farmer cancels sleep: Caged.

Rockphed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2008, 04:07:34 am »

I don't.  I was just remarking that it was "Only" chain.  And I will upload that save file ASAP.  Be warned that due to some rather stupid digging, I have about 60K stone lying around.  I currently have about 140 dwarfs, including a Queen, Duke and Economy Nobles.
Only vaguely. Made of the same substance and put to the same use, but a bit like comparing a castle and a doublewide trailer.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2008, 04:44:22 am »

it may seem weird put i don't mind stone. seriously. i like the look. unless i have smoothed the place. wooo! i derailed a topic! slightly

Rockphed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2008, 06:03:21 am »

Okay, I got the fort uploaded here
Only vaguely. Made of the same substance and put to the same use, but a bit like comparing a castle and a doublewide trailer.
Pages: 1 [2]