Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Taming goblins  (Read 3671 times)

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
Taming goblins
« on: August 29, 2008, 04:31:51 am »

Ok, so I've added the [PET] tag and the [trAINABLE] tag to goblins, but I can't train them at the kennels with tame large animal. Does anyone have the solution?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
Re: Taming goblins
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2008, 04:39:47 am »

up rigth you have a wide area with a button next to it "Search"
it will give you some resoults for tame goblin like: this
there you could find:

Funny quote from the last time this showed up ;D
I'm pretty sure you can't tame intelligent beings.<P>Oh, and invaders are always hostile, even if you do tame them. I learned that the hard way with some Beak Dogs modded to be tamable.
<P>I´m not always sure if goblins should be classified as intelligent  :D
Goblins are incredibly intelligent by Dwarf Fortress standards.  Unlike our bearded charges, they don't run headlong at dragons, magma, zombie camels, or giant spiders just because there was a shoe next to them.  Goblins happily run away as soon as two or three of their number get killed.<P>In this world, they're veritable geniuses.
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 04:43:51 am »

up rigth you have a wide area with a button next to it "Search"
it will give you some resoults for tame goblin like: this
there you could find:

Funny quote from the last time this showed up ;D
I'm pretty sure you can't tame intelligent beings.<P>Oh, and invaders are always hostile, even if you do tame them. I learned that the hard way with some Beak Dogs modded to be tamable.
<P>I´m not always sure if goblins should be classified as intelligent  :D
Goblins are incredibly intelligent by Dwarf Fortress standards.  Unlike our bearded charges, they don't run headlong at dragons, magma, zombie camels, or giant spiders just because there was a shoe next to them.  Goblins happily run away as soon as two or three of their number get killed.<P>In this world, they're veritable geniuses.

Ok, thanks. I actually searched for tame large animals, since that was what I wanted to do, only with goblins. Now I have to find out an entertaining way to get rid of them.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008, 04:46:01 am »

aaa the goblins wanted to tame :D ok i was misunderstanding your OP.
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime