Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Feldur coins  (Read 1581 times)

hexrei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Feldur coins
« on: August 28, 2008, 03:26:52 pm »

I've got a bunch of Feldur coins of varying metals now, I think they came off the reclaimed corpses of humans who died fighting goblins n stuff. What kind of stockpile do I need for these? The dwarves are hoarding them in their bedrooms instead of putting them in the Coins stockpile.

Jingles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Feldur coins
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 03:36:32 pm »

Thats how dwarfs treat their money.  They dont actually 'buy' things with it, they just pave random floors with it to show off.  They are so bling they dont even need to wear it, they just toss around in the streets.

hexrei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 03:38:50 pm »

Yeah, but why won't they put them in the stockpile? I was wondering if there was a setting for the stockpile I had to activate. I couldn't find feldur coins in any of the settings.

Rockphed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008, 03:41:05 pm »

All of the Feldur Coins are currently owned.  Except for who made them, they are exactly the same as any other coin.

If you haven't activated the economy yet, then there really isn't any point to coins.
Only vaguely. Made of the same substance and put to the same use, but a bit like comparing a castle and a doublewide trailer.

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
    • Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2008, 03:41:57 pm »

Feldur? That sounds like it's probably the name of a civilization, not a material.

Anyway, I think once coins are considered 'owned', there is no way of retrieving them from where they are randomly strewn about. Ideally you should mint your own coins with a pre-designated stockpile and forbid them immediately after they're deposited. This will prevent dwarves from picking the coins up and tossing them around the fortress.

hexrei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2008, 06:15:39 pm »

ah, ok, thanks folks.

Skanky

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm building a wagon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2008, 06:21:12 pm »

If you haven't activated the economy yet, then there really isn't any point to coins.
Fixed. :)
"Quickly now, the goblins are more devious these days." - Captain Mayday

Felix the Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2008, 06:52:35 pm »

Feldur? That sounds like it's probably the name of a civilization, not a material.

Anyway, I think once coins are considered 'owned', there is no way of retrieving them from where they are randomly strewn about. Ideally you should mint your own coins with a pre-designated stockpile and forbid them immediately after they're deposited. This will prevent dwarves from picking the coins up and tossing them around the fortress.

Ideally you should not mint coins at all. You don't need them. Toady has disabled the bookkeeper being unhappy because of a lack of coins, and noble coin mandates, precisely because he recognizes that coin handling is broken.

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
    • Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2008, 08:15:43 pm »

Oh, I know. There's no need for them.

That doesn't stop a gigantic vault full of coins from being awesome.

Neoskel

• Bay Watcher
  • Read or the owl will eat you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2008, 08:37:14 pm »

I think it's a local government. He 'reclaimed' a human town.
Urist Mcsurvivalist has been accosted by edible vermin lately.

Goblins: The fourth iron ore.

hexrei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2008, 09:11:21 pm »

I think it's a local government. He 'reclaimed' a human town.
Yep :) I moved into an area where humans already had a settlement. I plan on slaughtering them wholesale at some point in the near future if possible, although I'm not quite sure how to make them aggro... But I have to say they do an excellent job of defending the area from the early goblin sieges, i built some strong defenses including five elevated siege engines and a moat with a drawbridge, and I haven't had to use them at all yet because the humans are kinda badass and jsut throw themselves at the gobbies.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 09:13:50 pm by hexrei »

hexrei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2008, 09:14:42 pm »

Thats how dwarfs treat their money.  They dont actually 'buy' things with it, they just pave random floors with it to show off.  They are so bling they dont even need to wear it, they just toss around in the streets.
by the way, i lolled :)

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2008, 03:51:38 am »

dwarfs wont stock their coins in their room in their chests?
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

Jingles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2008, 07:17:52 am »

No because dwarf coins are for all intents and puposes completely free.  If you need money you go to the kings vault and just grab some.  Its like air, or water, and thus it'd be pretty silly to put it away or gaurd it.  Besides which the money is protected by a strange and powerful force called 'ownership' once claimed by a needy dwarf.

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2008, 07:45:10 am »

but then they won't use it to buy things for their coins? so it is more like a colections of everyone put on the floor of the hole fortress? and at least will water flush coins away?
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime
Pages: [1] 2