Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: The Master List of Suggestions  (Read 3850 times)

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
Re: The Master List of Suggestions
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2008, 09:38:04 am »

Small update again. Yet another topic related to stats has been added.

Quatch

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_ GRADSTUDENT]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch? Sometimes..
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2008, 10:11:58 am »

Why not move this to the wiki? The wiki interface is much better for building an updated list.
SAVE THE PHILOSOPHER!
>>KillerClowns: It's faster to write "!!science!!" than any of the synonyms: "mad science", "dwarven science", or "crimes against the laws of god and man".
>>Orius: I plan my forts with some degree of paranoia.  It's kept me somewhat safe.

WillNZ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2008, 10:30:32 am »

Here are the two ideas I'd posted before.

Family Names
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=4404.msg61027#msg61027

Random Riddle Generator
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=21603.msg231955#msg231955

There was another one. But it was a general discussion, so I'm not posting it.

Othob Rithol

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Dark Snathi, Rain & Tom Bombadil
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2008, 10:34:45 am »

you reversed the links   ;)

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2008, 03:05:33 pm »

Here's a list of neat threads

Yeah, but it contains duplicates and isn't sorted by anything useful.

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2008, 07:13:31 am »

Here's a list of neat threads

Yeah, but it contains duplicates and isn't sorted by anything useful.

Exactly this is why I have created this thread.  :)

Why not move this to the wiki? The wiki interface is much better for building an updated list.

I dont think so that we should use the wiki for this. Mainly Ive created this topic to make it easier for Toady to track down the most interesting/popular/common suggestions. He can always check out this thread and find the link what hes looking for quite fast.
Plus this might be helpful for us players also.  :)

--

Added Random Riddle Generator to the list.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2008, 04:14:10 pm »

Bump and a realization that this post was referenced in the Improved Farming thread, but not linked.

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2008, 09:07:59 am »

Added Food value is extremely high / ease of farming by G-Flex to the list.

Mikademus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pirate ninja dwarves for great justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2008, 01:59:24 pm »

bump and move to sticky thread
You are a pirate!

Quote from: Silverionmox
Quote from: bjlong
If I wanted to recreate the world of one of my favorite stories, I should be able to specify that there is a civilization called Groan, ruled by Earls from a castle called Gormanghast.
You won't have trouble supplying the Countess with cats, or producing the annual idols to be offerred to the castle. Every fortress is a pale reflection of Ghormenghast..

Mikademus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pirate ninja dwarves for great justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2008, 07:07:01 am »

Since the same questions keep pop up in new threads I bump again and reiterate that this thread should be stickied.
You are a pirate!

Quote from: Silverionmox
Quote from: bjlong
If I wanted to recreate the world of one of my favorite stories, I should be able to specify that there is a civilization called Groan, ruled by Earls from a castle called Gormanghast.
You won't have trouble supplying the Countess with cats, or producing the annual idols to be offerred to the castle. Every fortress is a pale reflection of Ghormenghast..

Granite26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2008, 08:27:19 am »

Because people won't use search but will use this thread?

I think it's useful for keeping track of the big discussions about stuff that aren't always active, but I don't think that it will help with new people making the same suggestion as the other one that's still on the front page.

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2008, 11:58:58 am »

Because people won't use search but will use this thread?

I think it's useful for keeping track of the big discussions about stuff that aren't always active, but I don't think that it will help with new people making the same suggestion as the other one that's still on the front page.

Yes well, if people would read this thread, they wouldnt create topics about the same stuff I guess..but yeah, probably new players just cant be bothered at all. Either way, this topic is helpful for older users for sure, also for Toady.
Why isnt it stickied? Its simple, basically this is somewhat a subjective list. If XY thinks that his suggestions is awesome, but he just wont see it on this master list, that person might say "why the hell my suggestion is not on the list?".
Actually I try to list all big/popular/interesting and most discussed topics on this master list, plus everyone can send me a PM anytime /or just post about it here to add a new topic. If its a proper suggestion [Im trying to be objective of course], it will be added. 8)

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2008, 02:21:18 pm »

If its a proper suggestion [Im trying to be objective of course], it will be added. 8)

You're doing pretty good, I think.  At least one of my suggestions (I'm not going to hit up the list and try and figure out what) didn't have a whole lot of discussion after it, but was more at the tail end of a larger thread.

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction
« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2008, 06:08:08 pm »

Forgive my impertinence in making my first post on the forum in this particular thread, but a couple of ideas have occurred to me since I started playing.

Stone Anvils: Probably needs to wait until tool/component wear and/or relative stone hardness is implemented, as at the moment it would make embarking too easy. It could also affect the quality of the product; an anvil carved out of granite would probably be as good as a steel or iron one, but one made of something like mudstone would probably produce poor results and not last more than a few seasons.

Nails, screws, etc: Something to add an extra layer of realism -and complexity- to woodwork and metalwork. Possible alternative uses include blowgun ammunition, in traps or as catapult loads.

Concrete/Mortar: Mortar would fulfil the same role as nails and screws for construction out of stone blocks as nails and screws would for metal and wood; there could even be a separate Bricklayer skill for it. Concrete, on the other hand, would act as an alternative building material in sandy areas with limited reserves of good building stone, but incur unhappy thoughts and be subject to greater wear and tear.

Gunpowder: Oh, just use your imagination for this one!
Never used Dwarf Therapist, mods or tilesets in all the years I've been playing.
I think Toady's confusing interface better simulates the experience of a bunch of disorganised drunken dwarves running a fort.

Black Powder Firearms - Superior firepower, realistic manufacturing and rocket launchers!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4