Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

Author Topic: Roll to Dodge - Mad Wizard's Arena  (Read 26200 times)

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dodge - Mad Wizard's Arena
« Reply #75 on: August 28, 2008, 02:19:51 pm »

I look at the cobblestones and give them my best attempt at a reassuring glance, trying to get rid of my status as a meanie.
Quote from: Josephus
"Compatibility mode", dude. If he tries running it under "capatability mode" some terrible thing involving elder gods will probably happen.
Quote from: Aqizzar
You say that like it's not a good time to discuss weird people. It's always a good time to discuss weird people.
Quote from: freeformschooler
I was like, ha, this looks like a pretty dumb and boring game. I was so wrong. Gentlemen, I have discovered true fun.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 28, 2008, 04:05:03 pm »

I wear my armor, looking for a way to wear it that'll protect me but not restrict my movement.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 28, 2008, 04:08:46 pm »

I go over to the light armor pile, looking specifically for a ninja costume that will allow me to blend with my surroundings, or, failing that, some armor that looks flexible and durable.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Mulch Diggums

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hey urist! I think that cat is having a seizure!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 28, 2008, 04:36:43 pm »

;_; I keep failing in this game. Alright...I jump onto the pile of weapons in hopes to kill myself. >:] hopefully i'll get a 1 and jump into the pile, jump into the armor and have the weapons fall into my hands.
ooooo! Swamp wiskey! Yeah!!

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 28, 2008, 05:47:28 pm »

Frustrated with my repeated failure at any sort of physical activity I concentrate again on my life magic and try to learn how to create/summon living beings to assist me.
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 28, 2008, 06:34:59 pm »

Edit: I check the room for exits.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 06:54:42 pm by Zako »

lambskin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 28, 2008, 07:53:06 pm »

I start stomping on the stones sending a morse code signal of YYZ.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 07:56:16 pm by lambskin »
STRIKE THE ETC.

PowerGoal45, MEET THE CYBERFIST, (Future): You use your iron geared prosthetic hand to crush a piece of stone in front of the cowering goblin, and it passes out.

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 29, 2008, 12:16:12 am »

I go over to the heavy armor pile and grab and equip pants (only pants) and a double bladed axe.

Devath

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Insane Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 29, 2008, 12:18:04 am »

I meditate on weapon techniques.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup." - Unknown

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 29, 2008, 10:45:13 am »

Quote from: PTTG
Giving up the staring contest as a bad deal, I decide to collect the best armor I can find.
2: You stare at the two piles. And simply can't decide which you'd rather have.

Quote from: Sean Mirrsen
I, as per intention, command the spiders to weave a robe around my body. Considering entrusting my life to a horde of spiders better than any possible alternatives, I then resume meditation on the intricate arts of conjuration.
4: You have learned much from your endeavors, but you are still not a match for a truly powerful summoner, nor will you ever be unless you dedicate years upon years to studying it. Still, you can probably summon something on the order of a minor elemental.
5: Your spiders weave some beautiful white robes(+1 charisma). They feel incredibly soft and slightly magical to the touch. Admittedly, it's also impossible to be badass in these robes unless you're Jesus or something. After doing this, they disappear.

Quote from: sjmarshy
I put on my armour, looking rather miffed at the wall I just ran into.
3: You put your armor on. You fail to scare the wall though with your angry look though. Also, your nosebleed finally dries up. Your nose is stifled.

Quote from: yougiedeggs
being out of luck, I decide to sit and channel the destructive force of chuck norris.
2: All you manage is to channel some annoyance.

Quote from: Kyselina
I smash the cobblestone floor with my flail, using all my strenght.
5: KYSELINA SMASH! Several cobblestones go flying upwards.

COBBLESTONE ROLL!
3: The cobblestone flies a bit, then falls.
2: The cobblestone fall back down at you!
--BLOCK ROLL:
--3: Although you manage to block in time, it hurts a bit when it strikes your shield.
3: The cobblestone hurtles for some distance and hits a wall without grace.
5: The cobblestone flies high and in an arc.(Hit is executed in NPC ACTIONS)
2: The cobblestone falls towards the person with the lowest roll!(executed in NPC ACTIONS)

You've killed a bunch of cobblestones. Meanie.

Quote from: Kashyyk
I practice using my battle axe
4: You swing it around a bit. you find that it's heavy enough to break armor.

Quote from: Xotes
I look at the cobblestones and give them my best attempt at a reassuring glance, trying to get rid of my status as a meanie.
3: It's not very reassuring and comes off as somewhat awkward and forced, although it's not a complete failure. You're still considered a meanie.

Quote from: Duke 2.0
I wear my armor, looking for a way to wear it that'll protect me but not restrict my movement.
1: You put on your armor all wrong, the chainmail is uncomfortable and the leather chaps seem to have been used. And their owner had little bladder control. You negate your dodge bonus!

Quote from: Frelock
I go over to the light armor pile, looking specifically for a ninja costume that will allow me to blend with my surroundings, or, failing that, some armor that looks flexible and durable.
3: You find a ninja suit. It is bright pink.

Quote from: Mulch Diggums
Alright...I jump onto the pile of weapons in hopes to kill myself. >:] hopefully i'll get a 1 and jump into the pile, jump into the armor and have the weapons fall into my hands.
5: You jump on the pile. You skewer yourself on six different types of weapons and your momentum keeps you rolling. You die, but at least your corpse looks like you were either really tough or really hated. You wait a little, then pick yourself off the floor. Your body remains there; you are an ethereal spirit known as a ghost.

Quote from: Ioric Kittencuddler
Frustrated with my repeated failure at any sort of physical activity I concentrate again on my life magic and try to learn how to create/summon living beings to assist me.
3: You can summon celestial kittens now.

Quote from: Zako
I check the room for exits.
5: After a detailed search using your amazing analytical skills, you conclude the only actual exit possible is the steel gate. However, you find a small trapdoor concealed as more cobblestones. Opening it, however, reveals only a bunch of clothes. You surmise they're for magic users, because there are a lot of pointy hats in there. There might be other kinds of clothes there as well.

Quote from: lambskin
I start stomping on the stones sending a morse code signal of YYZ.
5: You stomp hard enough for it to be heard for kilometers. The IATA code for Toronto Pearson International Airport, am I right?

Quote from: Emperor_Jonathan
I go over to the heavy armor pile and grab and equip pants (only pants) and a double bladed axe.
4: You can't find any pants, but you do find a nice-looking axe(+1 damage). You notice there is a fur loincloth there as well.

Quote from: Devath
I meditate on weapon techniques.
5: You discover the secrets of Dragoons. The FF type dragoons. In case you don't know how they work, they wear heavy armor and a spear(your glaive-guisarme should work as a polearm), and they jump high into the air then land on their opponents, spearhead first.

NPC ACTIONS:

The cobblestones shift for a final time!

YOU-SHOULD-KNOW-WHAT-TO-EXPECT-BY-NOW ROLL!

sjmarshy
1:You fall on your face. Again. Your nosebleed starts again as well.

Xotes
5: Unlike sjmarshy, you don't fall on your face. You don't fall at all.

lambskin
2: You fall down

Devath
1: You fall and struggle quite a bit trying to get up before finally making it.

PTTG
6: You stare evilly at a single cobblestone. It's so scared that when you tell it to turn into a dagger, it does. The surrounding cobblestones are also scared of you. Meanie.

Zako
1: You stare evilly at the cobblestones as well. they are not amused and send you hurtling down flat on your face.
MASSIVE DAMAGE AVOIDANCE ROLL:
5: Your skull is thick enough that you don't suffer any real damage.

Mulch Diggums: You watch the others with a curious sense of apathy.

Ioric Kittencuddler
5: The cobblestones sympathize with your plight. They don't trip you.

Duke 2.0
2: Oof! You fall!

yougiedeggs
2: You fall. Things aren't going well for you at all.

Emperor_Jonathan
4: With a hop, you avoid falling entirely.

Kyselina
5: The cobblestones are scared of you. They all turn their red ones turn into red :< s

Frelock
3(2+1): you just barely avoid falling.

Sean Mirrsen
6: Buoyed by your new powers, you command the cobblestones not to turn. They do so, probably only out of shock though.

Kashyyk
4: You don't fall. I suppose.

The cobblestones now display nothing. The steel gates slam open! Behind them, there is a hallway filled with a horde of angry, confused goblins. They're all armed, too.

COBBLESTONE TIME!
The cobblestone hurtles toward one of the people who rolled a 1 in this turn!
Duke 2.0 1
sjmarshy 1
Devath 2
Zako 4

The cobblestone htis the floor, breaks into two seperate pieces, each of which strikes one of the poor sods!

MASIVE DAMAGE AVOIDANCE ROLLS!
5: The piece of cobblestone bounces off your powerful and incredibly manly pectoral muscles!
4: You duck under the cobblestone piece.

AND NOW FOR SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT!
The other cobblestone hurtles toward the goblins!

MASSIVE DAMAGE ROLL!
4: The cobblestone strikes on of the goblins in the face, killing him!

59 more to go!

STATUS AND HINTS:

Oops! Goblins, and a lot of them, too. You can also reach another room now, which is good because your goal is to eventually escape.
@Sean: Your hair is currently undefined and you're wearing very beautiful robes. If you decide your hair has always been long and blonde, well... Er, status report.

sjmarshy: Wearing bloody armor(+1 block). Holding artifact Zweihander(+2 damage). Nosebleed.
Xotes: Naked. Holding two shortswords(Three styles: -1 to hit with two hit rolls/+1 to parry/+1 to parry with two parry rolls) and a matching set of leather armor(+1 dodge). Meanie.
lambskin: Naked. Holding some heavy armor(+1 block). Burnt hair.
Devath: Wearing heavy armor(+1 block). Holding glaive-guisarme(+1 damage, no counterattacks). Damn awesome. Can use Jump attack(jumps in an arc towards a hostile creature. Requires a seperate jump check, but gives a +1 bonus to damage rolls).
PTTG: Naked. Meanie.
Zako: Wearing a mishmash set of leather armor. Holding an artifact stiletto(+2 to hit).
Mulch Diggums: Dead. Ghost.
Ioric Kittencuddler: Naked. Can cast "resurrection" and summon celestial kittens. Injured butt and twisted ankle(-1 dodge and fast movement).
Duke 2.0: Wearing some chain mail and leaher chaps(+1 dodge), but doing it wrong and negating the bonus. Suffering from numerous cuts and some bruises as well.
yougiedeggs: Naked. And annoyed.
Emepror_Jonathan: Naked. Can go into death trance for a short while(two rounds maximum). Holding a torch and a nice-looking two-bladed axe(+1 damage).
Kyselina: Wearing some heavy armor(+1 block). Holding a flail(+1 damage) and a shield(+1 block). Minor scalp wound. Meanie.
Frelock: Naked. Holding bright pink ninja suit. Martial artist(unarmed attacks +1 to hit). Agile(+1 dodge, fast movement and balance).
Sean Mirrsen: Waring beautiful white silk robes(+1 charisma). Summoner. Twisted Ankle(-1 dodge and fast movement).
Kashyyk: Naked. Holding some heavy armor(+1 block) and a two handed battleaxe(+1 melee damage).
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

sjmarshy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 29, 2008, 10:57:28 am »

I wait for the first goblin to come near me, and swing diagonally down at the goblin, hoping to separate some major parts of its body.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 29, 2008, 11:08:06 am »

@Boksi - You have doomed yourself to eternal die-rolling if one of us causes an explosion that affects all the goblins. :)

I consider the goblins a threat to my existence. I summon several (as many as I can) Dire Porcupines, that will, upon appearing, shoot needles at the goblins. (Note to self - treating that ankle should also help)

Also, my hair (or rather, my character's hair) is short and black. The hairstyle is something that would befit a mechwarrior.
Also also, did you know spidersilk has a tensile strength comparable to fine steel?
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #87 on: August 29, 2008, 12:02:19 pm »

I grab the cobblestone dagger; Hopefully from the not-pointy end.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 29, 2008, 12:18:02 pm »

I forget about the power ranger suit.  Being a martial artist, I attempt to go into a martial trance, which would negate the swarm bonus.  I can only attack/defend while in the trance, though.

As an added note, if I am extremely lucky and get a six, perhaps I could also gain the ability to counterstrike whenever I roll a six to dodge.  The added detriment would be that I would be exhausted when I left the trance (aka, when I can no longer attack/defend, meaning no more enemies, or too numerous wounds).
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 12:35:37 pm by Frelock »
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Roundabout Lout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 29, 2008, 12:23:55 pm »

I have to get lucky now...
I charge at a goblin shoulder first, wario style
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11