Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Author Topic: Roll to Dodge - Mad Wizard's Arena  (Read 26198 times)

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dodge - Mad Wizard's Arena
« Reply #105 on: August 31, 2008, 08:56:24 am »

Ah yes. Well, the effects would have been the same anyway.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 31, 2008, 09:23:44 am »

I put my armour on

Roundabout Lout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 01, 2008, 10:40:27 am »

wow this game is slowing down a bit.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 01, 2008, 11:15:35 am »

annoying huh?

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 01, 2008, 11:22:22 am »

Yeah yeah, I'll get on with it. Multiple moments please.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 01, 2008, 12:29:33 pm »

here it is. I'm somewhat angry right now and I'm taking it out on you guys. Yes, you.

PLAYER ACTIONS!

Quote from: sjmarshy
I wait for the first goblin to come near me, and swing diagonally down at the goblin, hoping to separate some major parts of its body.
2(+0): you just stand there, dumbfounded.

Quote from: Sean Mirrsen
I consider the goblins a threat to my existence. I summon several (as many as I can) Dire Porcupines, that will, upon appearing, shoot needles at the goblins. (Note to self - treating that ankle should also help)
5(+0): You summon (2d4-2=) 3 dire porcupines. When will you get a bad roll? Grrr...

Quote from: PTTG
I grab the cobblestone dagger; Hopefully from the not-pointy end.
1(+0): You somehow stab the dagger through your hand, completely ruining it and causing a lot of bleeding. Man you suck.

Quote from: Frelock
Being a martial artist, I attempt to go into a martial trance, which would negate the swarm bonus.  I can only attack/defend while in the trance, though.
3(+0): You do quite well, but then you think of something ridiculously funny and burst out laughing.

Quote from: yougiedeggs
I charge at a goblin shoulder first, wario style
2: You charge at a goblin swordsman like a madman. Goblin gets counterattack before you strike at +1 bonus.
5(4+1): He hits you in a vital area! +1 damage roll!
4(3+1): Congratulations! You are now a proud owner of a gaping hole in your chest where you left kidney used to be! And as a bonus, you are now suffering from heavy bleeding!

Quote from: Xotes
I duck behind the rest of the people, using them as shields, and attempt to put on my armor, having realized that just holding it would do nothing except burden me.
4(+0): Although you don't actually have any armor, you manage to run to the other end of the room and hide in a corner, as insofar as a hemispherical room has corners. Consider yourself spared from the coming goblin onslaught for this round.

Quote from: Ioric Kittencuddler
Being that I'm all clericey and stuff, I move away from the goblins, towards the pile of weapons and armor that Mulch succeeded in killing himself with.  I try to find some clericey type equipment.
4(+0): You find a mace(+1 damage) and a suit of iron armor along with a shield(+1 block).

Quote from: Mulch Diggums
I try to turn myself into a zombie so I can still kill the enemys
5(+0): RAAAAGGGHH! I HUNGER FOR THE FLESH AND SOULS OF THOSE WHO HAVE WRONGED ME! You move like normal but are unable to use magic abilities. All magic harms you, including healing magic.

Quote from: Emperor_Jonathan
I pick up and equip the furry loincloth.
5(+0): You are wearing more than just a furry loincloth. You are wearing the essence of the furry loincloth. It is the great force that drives forward all of civilization, yet it's greatest expression is the primitive scream of rage bellowing from you. You're a lot tougher than most now, and can withstand a lot more damage than the rest of the cast. See poor yougiedeggs' chest wound? Wouldn't slow you down more than a sprained wrist at most.

Quote from: Zako
I search thoroughly in the trapdoor compartment for anything useful to me.
6(+0): You search through the compartment with such incredible speed that you literally tear through the clothing. Eventually you find a Ring of the Assassin, which gives a bonus on hide check made in shadows. Unfortunately, in your mad search, you got tangled in the various clothes and cannot move easily, if at all.

Quote from: Devath
I put as many people between me and the goblins as possible and meditate on defense.
1(+0): You jump at an axegoblin! Unfortunately, you miscalculate and hit your head on the roof! You fall towards the axegoblin!
DODGE ROLL!
2(+0): The axegoblin is picking his nose and doesn't notice you! WHAM!
DAMAGE ROLL!
6(+0): SPLAT! Bits and pieces of goblin are strewn about, thanks to your incredible weight hitting him suddenly.
Unfortunately, you are now prone and unable to do much anything. -1 to block, as if the swarming rules weren't enough...

Quote from: lambskin
I put on my armour and wait for a Toronto bound jumbo jet to crash through the roof.
2(+0):You put on your armor and wait. Nothing happens.

Quote from: Kyselina
Again, I smash at the ground with my flail with all my might.... IN ATTEMPT TO SEND THESE GOD DAMN GOBLINS FLYING!
7(6+1): KYSELINA SMASH! Your flail hits with the force of a meteor striking the earth! Your rage knows no limits! The gods quake before you! No mortal can match the destruction caused by a single swing of a flail you make! I'm even hitting the keys on my keyboard harder than normal! No sentence in this paragraph is without an exclamation mark! Have I got my point across about the incredible force you hit the ground with yet?! GOOD! BECAUSE YOU CAUSED AN AREA-OF-EFFECT EXPLOSION OF COBBLESTONES! 5d4= 13 FRIGGING COBBLESTONES! UNLUCKY NUMBER! YOU GET HIT BY FIVE OF THEM! BLOCK ROLL, WITH SWARM RULE IN EFFECT!
3+(1+1+1): You block, but it hurts like heck!
5(4+1+1-1): You block that one as well!
6(6+1+1-2): That one goes flying away and towards Sean Mirrsen because I don't like his luck.
0(1+1+1-3): ARGH! Broken collarbone and a broken jaw! Very nasty injuries! Heavy internal bleeding!
1(3+1+1-4): HEAD TRAUMA ROLL!
5: you avoid serious head trauma, but you're still woozy. Minus -1 to all rolls for 2 rounds! That is, this round and the next one.

Quote from: Kashyyk
I put my armour on
5(+0): You put your armor on. You look somewhat intimidating, but that won't help you because it's only a fraction of a bonus.

NPC ACTIONS!

COBBLESTONE FUN TIMES AHEAD!
1d8 = 7 cobblestones veer toward the goblins! The last one simply strikes the wall.

COBBLESTONE ALPHA REPORTING IN!

2(+0): The goblin completely fails to dodge and the cobblestone hits him!
DAMAGE ROLL!
6(+0): The spinning cobblestone strikes the goblin in the head! It explodes into gore!

3(+0): The goblin just so dodges the cobblestone!

6(+0): The goblin dodges into the wall!
DAMAGE ROLL!
6(+0): It makes a nice abstract red-colored mural on the wall!

1(+0): The goblin stares dumbfounded at the rock hurtling towards him.
DAMAGE ROLL AT +1 BONUS!
3(2+1): Smack! Broken left arm!

5(+0): The cobblestone strikes the goblin in the chest!
DAMAGE ROLL!
3(+0): A broken rib. That is all, gentlemen.

6:(+0): The cobblestone expertly fits into the open mouth of the goblin!
DAMAGE ROLL AT +1 BONUS!
7(6+1): KABLAMMO! The cobblestone goes straight through like a legendary miner through rock!

5(+0): The cobblestone strikes yet another goblin. Why is it that my minions are dropping like flies?!
DAMAGE ROLL!
5(+0): Alright, this is pissing me off. All of you will die. Like this goblin just did. That's, what, one dodge out of seven? And two survivors out of six? What sort of bewitchery is this? Grrr...

COBBLESTONE STRIKE GROUP BETA, REPORTING IN!
Hehehehe... I didn't forget that one was headed towards Sean...

1(+0): No! NO! THIS CANNOT BE! I AM INVIN- no wait, that last part doesn't fit...

GO GO GOBLIN RANGERS!
Grrr... There are 54 goblins left. Yes, you read that right. 54 goblins. You're all gonna die. Problem is, I can't finish this turn right now. Don't even think of queuing up any actions until I've rolled over a hundred dice and posted the results. Grrr...

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 01, 2008, 12:35:45 pm »

I feel so sorry for you Boksi

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 01, 2008, 12:42:38 pm »

If it makes you feel better, Boksi, one of the planned events in my game is a Zerg rush. :D
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 01, 2008, 12:44:47 pm »

ah bugger!

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 01, 2008, 01:28:01 pm »

If it makes you feel better, Boksi, one of the planned events in my game is a Zerg rush. :D

Kekekekekeke!

Mulch Diggums

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hey urist! I think that cat is having a seizure!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 01, 2008, 02:24:07 pm »

I try to eat the flesh of the most alive goblin.
ooooo! Swamp wiskey! Yeah!!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 01, 2008, 02:30:37 pm »

He didn't finish rolling yet.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 01, 2008, 02:45:28 pm »

he has 32 to roll, and 3 players are dead. *GULP*

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 01, 2008, 02:54:07 pm »

10 left to roll, actually, and 4 dead, as well as at least 1 mortal injury.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 01, 2008, 02:59:43 pm »

Ouch. I can bet the next room's surprise will be a battalion of minotaurs. I'm not even going to guess whether I'm alive or no, with the dodge penalty from the ankle...

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11