Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarfs in tantrum spiral, one dwarf becomes hostile, not beserk  (Read 1251 times)

warwizard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Fortress near the end of a tantrum spiral and one of the dwarves is inturrupting the others and is herself inturrupted as she tries to do jobs, if I recruit her into the military, she kills the other dwarves, but otherwize is bidable, changing equipment as ordered and so on. Killed her finally by making her unarmed, and unarmored then deactivating her and activating one of the other survivors.

Also have a dwarf that has been resting unconcious for the past 4 years after a Dragon tore off his whole arm, and the dwarf goes into a beserk rage, still on the bed not aware of anything, and this unconcious dwarf is causing job inturruptions, so nobody can feed or water him, or any of the other resting dwarves in the same room.
  I call that a bug cause unconcious people cannot know what's been happening around the fortress to go beserk over, and a uncouncious berserker should not have a 20 step inturruption radius. (posiably implement variable inturruption radii depending on health or status of the inturrupter. AKA black knight in the quest for the holy grail, Arthur ignores him after removing both arms and both legs. BK is still awake and still hostile, but not mobile, hence no threat unless you step next to him or in the same square.)

I have save from before the siege that started the spiral, (250 dwarves) and a save with 14 dwarves left. please advise if you want them

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: Dwarfs in tantrum spiral, one dwarf becomes hostile, not beserk
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 06:00:33 pm »

Fortress near the end of a tantrum spiral and one of the dwarves is inturrupting the others and is herself inturrupted as she tries to do jobs, if I recruit her into the military, she kills the other dwarves, but otherwize is bidable, changing equipment as ordered and so on. Killed her finally by making her unarmed, and unarmored then deactivating her and activating one of the other survivors.

If you've got a save where this dwarf is still alive and presently causing trouble, I can probably figure it out.  It sounds like the dwarf managed to become an enemy of your site/civilization without actually going berserk.  I'll need the region folder in some kind of zip/rar/7z, and any new objects that were added to the raw folder.  If it's less than 20 megs, you can send it to toadyone@bay12games.com.  You can also try The Dwarf Fortress File Depot which has a special section for bugged saves.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

warwizard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 10:55:05 pm »

Ok save with her both alive and hostile was overwritten (sons used my comp and saved my dwarffort in progress game over the critical save while I was sleeping) The pre hostile shows member of the board of Growling and the plaited lashes, the post death shows her to be an enemy of the same organizations, and a former member of the same as well. The other enemies were unchanged, and she had been estatic taking joy in the slaughter, her list of 19 dwarf kills even includes two of her own children both still babies. Even dead she's still happy. Checking the babies, they are still members of the fortress, of the other children, one managed to be a enemy of the plaited lash yet still claimed membership in the civ, and the youngest daughter, a child, was seen to  have gone berserk.

Sorry for losing the save.

Skizelo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 11:51:09 pm »

It's like a parable for password protection.
Or abstinence, I can't tell.

warwizard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2008, 01:03:50 am »

I managed to pull out of the death spiral with one dwarf left. The next to last dwarf decieded to sleep on a bow trap, only a few days before I finally got some more dwarves moving in. I see Toady One fixed THAT little problem, be real glad for that update.