Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Tweak 1.3.0.0 test (with .40c support)  (Read 5872 times)

Rick

• Bay Watcher
  • Engineer
    • View Profile
Tweak 1.3.0.0 test (with .40c support)
« on: August 24, 2008, 08:01:23 pm »

This is a test version Tweak 1.3.0.0 with some bugfixes, and included .40c support.

Please report any bugs, etc. Rinn's Adjust Profile is not included as I need a fixed up version (it's got some bugs) first.

http://df.pipboy.us/tweak/tweak_1300.zip

A full changelog will come later, but the nasty 'freezing tile of doom' bug when editing tiles with Tile Edit should be gone.

Nathiuz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tweak 1.3.0.0 test (with .40c support)
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2008, 08:02:33 pm »

It's December 21st 2012?

Props if you understood that...

Bloody good work Rick! You always make amazing things! ;D

Sir Doober

• Bay Watcher
  • I can has adamantine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2008, 08:50:51 pm »

You made my night.

Ahthankjoo.

Trigger

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2008, 02:14:24 am »

DF .40c
Tweak 1.3.0.0

Well I can successfully edit tile temperatures now. But when I save the game they revert back to freezing  :'(

Edit: Forgot to mention that the tile was edited in .39f with tweak 1.2.0.0(1) originally.

Edit 2: This isn't really easily reproducible. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt  ???
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 02:43:49 am by Trigger »

Rick

• Bay Watcher
  • Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2008, 04:18:49 pm »

I can't really compensate for issues caused by bad values being written to DF memory by earlier versions of Tweak, sorry :(.

damocles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2008, 09:12:37 am »

Hey.  First of all - great utility app.  It's damn useful at times.  Secondly - a question:

How can I get the ForEachTile plugin to work with this new version of tweak?  The xml memory files are split up into general, creature and map files now.

I tried adding the memory locations as listed in the dwarf wiki (foreachtile page) for 40c, and added the addresses to whichever file seemed most appropriate (eg added the view state address to general, and added things like temperature/occupancy to the map file).

The problem is, any attempt to use FET results in the error that it thinks the look menu is not active in dwarf fortress.  I assume this is the memory address of "view_state" which according to the wiki is:

<address name="view_state" value="0x009FB368" />

which I have tried adding to core.general and core.map, without any luck.  In desperation I also made a file called v0.28.181.40c.core.xml with all the updated addresses in, thinking that maybe FET reads the file directly.

Obviously, I haven't yet figured this one out, so any help you could give me in getting it up and running would be much appreciated.

Exponent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2008, 09:23:53 am »

I'll have to check on that myself.  I haven't tried my utility with the latest version of Tweak; been too busy with school.  I haven't tried much, but I believe the addresses/offsets can go into any xml file (Rick should be able to confirm/deny this).  For determining if the look menu is active, though, the relevant address is the menu_state (found at 0x01392268).

The actual value of the menu state corresponding to the look menu changed recently, and I added code to compensate for this.  The forbid orders menu took up a value, pushing everything after up by one.  So the look menu state used to be 35 I think, and it changed to 36.  I now try to handle different versions appropriately, but maybe the code is thinking that it is an older version running rather than the newer.  Or maybe I just have some numbers wrong.  I'll keep you posted on what I find out.

Exponent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2008, 09:40:35 am »

Well, I was able to get it to work with Tweak 1.3.0.0 just fine.  I downloaded Tweak, updated the xml files, downloaded For Each Tile v0.6 (instead of using my in-development v0.7), ran the following:

condition:
Code: [Select]
at_cursor
operations:
Code: [Select]
print_line("< " + to_string(x) + ", " + to_string(y) + ", " + to_string(z) + " >");
It gave me the error when the loo(k) menu was not active, and it printed "< 120, 216, 18 >" when it was active, as expected.

Here are the contents of relevant files:

versions.xml
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

core.general.xml (found in "tweak/versions/0.28.181.40c", same for core.map.xml)

core.map.xml (probably not really needed, but posted here for the sake of completeness)

damocles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2008, 01:46:51 pm »

Ah, it was my fault.  Seems I was using an out of date/incorrect version of FET.  Not sure how though - I got both from the link on dwarf wiki, and I only picked up the previous version a couple of weeks ago.  I didn't think there had been any updates since then, but maybe I missed one.

Thanks for your help Exponent, and also thanks for the cool tweak plugin.

Koboldbard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2008, 06:48:44 pm »

Any chance of getting this working with 40d? What would I have to do?

Angellus

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2008, 06:50:32 pm »

Any chance of getting this working with 40d? What would I have to do?
Somewhere out there there is a compatible version, going to look it up for you.

EDIT:
Try it out with this manual, hope it helps you...
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 06:53:42 pm by Angellus »

Pilsu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2008, 12:04:00 pm »

Someone could upload the thing into some filehost to make it easy to distribute instead of giving out cryptic orders  :P

I'd do it but I don't have any webspace that I know of. ISP might have provided some but damn if I know how to use it if so

Janus

• Bay Watcher
  • huffi muffi guffi
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Fortress File Depot
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2008, 12:38:04 pm »

Someone could upload the thing into some filehost to make it easy to distribute instead of giving out cryptic orders  :P

I'd do it but I don't have any webspace that I know of. ISP might have provided some but damn if I know how to use it if so

http://dffd.wimbli.com/
Tomas asked Dolgan, "What place is this?"
The dwarf puffed on his pipe. "It is a glory hole, laddie. When my people mined this area, we fashioned many such areas."
     - Raymond E. Feist, Magician: Apprentice  (Riftwar Saga)

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2009, 03:52:19 pm »

Any chance to get a version wich work with D16?
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

orbcontrolled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2009, 09:18:24 pm »

Probably not.

My understanding is that the author of tweak left DF and never released the code[Citation needed]. If that is true, then you can pretty much count out tweak+extensions for the foreseeable future.

It's a shame, For Each Tile was the most powerful DF map editor I've ever seen. Nothing else even comes close.

Hopefully all the tweak functionality will eventually be replicated in Dtil and stuff based on DFHack, but I don't imagine it will be any time soon.

EDIT: Allow me to stress that "[citation needed]" part again. I could be wrong, in which case I don't want to start rumors.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 09:20:13 pm by orbcontrolled »
Pages: [1] 2