Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 108

Author Topic: Penguinofhonor's RTD ROUND 2 Turn 31.5 Help update the statuses! (12/15)  (Read 141544 times)

Devath

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Insane Dev
    • View Profile
Re: Penguinofhonor's RTD ROUND 2 Turn 30 AN UPDATE
« Reply #1485 on: February 24, 2009, 04:32:26 am »

Hrm. Seems a bit excessive, if you ask me. That thing might actually remove the source of the updates.

Try adding more things that inflict pain in creative ways... the new spikes don't quite qualify, really. They just lower the effectiveness of stuff that's closer in.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup." - Unknown

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: February 24, 2009, 05:30:46 am »

Let my drawing skills lend a hand. It's not color though.

Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: February 24, 2009, 10:02:59 pm »

That's totally awesome to! :D
I say we summon four copies of Ironblood and have them beat him whit all the sticks at once. 8)
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: February 25, 2009, 06:27:35 pm »

Beehive? Spikes? Tentacles? Scorpion tail? An eye?
A cassette tape? Or is that a garage door opener? What's that rectangular thing just above the handle?
Also damn it glows.
Also I'm working.

wehtamjd92

• Bay Watcher
  • Gorram reavers.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: February 25, 2009, 10:11:23 pm »

Watch that become an artifact.
It takes someone special to put the laughter back in slaughter.

What did you all go and order a dead guy for?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: February 25, 2009, 11:27:53 pm »

Back when I concieved the thing, it was supposed to be a car battery powering several Tazers around the thing. You can still see two of them, the third one has been lost in the tentacles. Right now I suppose it's the least useful part of the design.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: February 26, 2009, 05:07:39 pm »

Oh, huh, I see it now.

I've been doing rolls. Armok has been successfully crossed with a water beetle.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: Penguinofhonor's RTD ROUND 2 Turn 30 AN UPDATE (AGAIN)
« Reply #1492 on: February 27, 2009, 11:19:37 pm »

Goody, only three more weeks untill the next update.
IT WAS SLIGHTLY LESS THAN THREE WEEKS OH BURN

I'm not posting statuses with this round, because I'll be updating them and sorting them out somehow. The current “slightly organized mass of text” method works until you start getting zombie elephant armadillo centaurs and insane stuff like that. Sean, do you mind if I shamelessly rip off your old version with the quote boxes? Not the new one, the one before that. I liked it better.

I've learned that OpenOffice.org lets me open text files and view them in word-document-like pages. This solves the one problem I had with editing them in metapad or notepad or whatever, which was the text running off the screen. Also, spell check. Now I can edit these and not be cramped in a little reply box. Also I can save things more easily, which means (slightly) fewer turn delays. Because sometimes when you get seven rolls done and accidentally delete them all, you lose your will to do RTD stuff for a couple days.

Turn 31
I coax over a squid(don't care what kind),grab it,and shove it down the stairs.(breath down there!)
If necessary I apply some hammer action to help it down.
5. You grab a blue squid and throw it down onto the third floor, where it thrashes around (-1 dodge, -1 damage, -1 movement).

I help free the guy caught by the squid.
3+1. You pull Devath back into the bubble with your gravity manipulation powers.

I break free of the giant squid by freezing it solid and squeezing out of its grip.
5+1. You start freezing, and freeze the water around the squid (dodge=1, damage=4), immobilizing it but not doing much real damage (frozen, -2 dodge, -1 movement, -1 damage).

I try to grow wings again, as well as an extra pair of arms, gills, and antenna.
6. You grow wings, and realize that they're clear insect wings instead of bird wings (can fly for +1 movement, +1 dodge, must roll for constitution at -1). Panicking, you swing your antennae around and realize that you have antennae (+1 close-range perception). You look down and see your skin turning to a exoskeleton, though not a thick one. You don't feel the need to breathe and assume that you can absorb air through the exoskeleton and probably even absorb oxygen from water (-1 defense, immune to strangulation, can breathe underwater). You've adapted several traits of the water beetle into yourself accidentally, though you've at least managed to succeed at everything you wanted in some form.

I practice cryogenisis then.
3+1=4. You now have weak cryokinetic powers.
Your ring changes into light blue and gives you cryokinesis experience. Your powers increase.

Any ways, I eat the hell out of that squid thats holding devath, and if possible, throw him into the bubble.
5. You charge the frozen squid (dodge=6-2) but you miss it. Your new body is a little confusing for now.

1. Now gather best material from surround area for future armor making venture.
5. You manage to run around and find enough iron to make an item or two. You crush it into a ball and put it in your backpack.

I guess I'll heal chaoticag. 
5+1=6. You send healing magic throughout the entire room, healing Chaoticag completely and (luck rolls: you=5, poltifar=2, cyx=5-2, head monk=4, young monk=2, golgath=4, qwerty=3) healing yourself and golgath completely. You heal the head monk, qwerty, and Cyx a bit as well.
Your healing powers level up (+1 to healing critically wounded targets).

I attempt to treat my burns by going back to some poor goblin's corpse and alchemy-ifying his internal organs into some burn ointment.
3-1=2. The pain stops you from even trying to learn alchemy, much less perform it.

If any squid is near enough to be affected by my alchemy, I transmute him into a large chunk of cheese.
3+1-2=2. You can't muster the alchemy required to transform living flesh into cheese.

I fly to the next floor and reenchant my remaining pens for alchemizing into oxygen.
6. You enchant the pens to transform things into oxygen, then you realize that you forgot the aluminum pen and enchant it too. Wait, that was your finger. Your body now transforms anything touching it into oxygen. Currently it's too weak to be used as a counterattack or anything, but it does produce enough to let you breathe underwater.

If I get healed, then I attempt to expand the bubble I'm in.
If not, I pass out from the pain.
2. You can't figure out a way to expand the bubble any further. You do discover that the bubble's size is tied to something, and is nearly impossible to otherwise expand.

I heal Jetman/Chaoticag if they fail at healing themselves, but if they look allright then I heal the head monk.
5+1=6. You run downstairs again and heal Jetman, but the healing gets out of hand and (luck=1) Jetman's legs become twisted and deformed (-1 movement, -1 dodge, cannot wear rigid leg armor).
Nonetheless, your healing powers increase (optional -1 to sixes without a base roll of six).

I'll attack one of the blue squids the Giant Squid with a slashing attack using my sword (after moving into the water, of course).
2+1=3. You swim out and slash at the frozen squid (dodge=3-2, damage=3-3+2) slashing several of its tentacles off (missing three tentacles).

If one of the large or bigger squids is harmed, I use necromancy to prevent him from being healed. If none of them is, I curse the giant one.
6. You blast the squid with negative energy, and nothing happens for a second. Then it busts out of the ice and reunites with its tentacles. It glows darkly.

The giant necromancy-cursed squid performs SECRET ACTION.
5. It starts spinning rapidly, consuming all the other squids in the vortex, (dodge=1-1+2) and Frelock gets caught in it too. It stops spinning and you look at it.
It's now a 25-armed, 5-tentacled monstrosity. Its head is covered in 20 eyes and its beak is large enough to swallow half of Cyx. You don't see Frelock, but he finds himself in the middle of the creature, surrounded by slowly rotting flesh. He can barely move (-2 to all non-thought based actions).

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Penguinofhonor's RTD ROUND 2 Turn 31 AN UPDATE (AGAIN)
« Reply #1493 on: February 27, 2009, 11:28:27 pm »

I attempt to use my positive healing powers to inflict harm on that nasty necromantic beastie we have to deal with.  If that won't work, I'll try to heal anyone who needs it.
I fully endorse the idea of mountain goats that hunt man.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: February 28, 2009, 12:14:45 am »

I send a spike of stone from the stairs towards the squid, hopefully drilling through it and freeing frelock

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: February 28, 2009, 12:17:32 am »

I learn neuromancy, that is, magic that change nerve tissue and biological information handing organs in various ways, which means mostly nerve tissue but also stuff like hormones. It can among other things be used for stuff like increasing/decreasing intelligence and manipulating behaviour in various ways.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Wooty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: February 28, 2009, 12:22:22 am »

I twist Jetman's legs in the opposite direction and remove any weird tumors and such.
Quote from: Toady One
It's important to wear lots of face paint while you program. And you can type with your long Gene Simmons tongue.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: February 28, 2009, 12:28:35 am »

Also, mulch, if you mention updatetimes at all I will kill you. KILL you!

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: February 28, 2009, 12:46:45 am »

I practisce my air manipulation powers.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: February 28, 2009, 12:59:13 am »

Well darn.  Poor showing for me on that turn.

I send a spike of stone from the stairs towards the squid, hopefully drilling through it and freeing Frelock

The thought's appreciated, but I think it likely that you're actually going to drill through me with that action...

As to my own action, I'm going to take this opportunity to learn about metal telepathy, and how to dominate a lesser being's mind.

Oh, and as a final note, Penguin, I'm working on something that will hopefully help you out with statuses and other such things.
All generalizations are false....including this one.
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 108