Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 108

Author Topic: Penguinofhonor's RTD ROUND 2 Turn 31.5 Help update the statuses! (12/15)  (Read 141589 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: Penguinofhonor's RTD ROUND 2 Turn 28
« Reply #1395 on: January 25, 2009, 01:30:27 am »

I know that mutations are small alterations in DNA, made through copying mistakes and crossing over during the production of gametes.

I also know that, in games/pop culture/books/etc it can be used like this. Maybe I've played a bit too much Stone Soup and Elona, but I'm pretty sure that this RTD is a game and not a biology classroom.

Don't tell me I fail biology, because I don't. Biology is my intended college major.

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: January 25, 2009, 01:56:53 am »

As free action, i go up the stairs.

Main action, i transform all the water into red flavored jello! and i take my optional -1 to sixes if getting a six means something bad for us.
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Cyx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: January 25, 2009, 04:46:21 am »

If Mulch heals himself successfully, I somehow use my mimicking powers to learn from all the necromancy he used. If it's not possible, I try to stop the shark as he passes through the bubble instead. If it doesn't, I just stand here training wrestling. If Mulch doesn't heal himself, I try to heal him. I also use my free action to scare the shark.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 04:55:12 am by Cyx »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: January 25, 2009, 05:32:07 am »

I activate my alchemic mutations and use my alchemic skill to guide them towards improving the butterfly wings into a more fitting "aluminium archangel" style complete with launchable feathers.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: January 25, 2009, 07:38:13 am »

I wait till the shark comes into the air bubble and grab him by the tail to smash him on the ground in the bubble.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: January 25, 2009, 11:56:27 am »

I'll use my free action to walk into the meeting room.  My main action shall be learning telekinesis (the ability to move existing objects with my mind).
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: January 25, 2009, 10:11:28 pm »

Biology mayor... you KNOW how wrong it is, and you do it anyway? You must be a masochist then, A horrifying mental kind of masochist.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: January 25, 2009, 10:22:08 pm »

Biology mayor... you KNOW how wrong it is, and you do it anyway? You must be a masochist then, A horrifying mental kind of masochist.

I'm not going to let my knowledge of biology make me elitist.

Also, this is the most horrendously destructive turn yet. Even your successes made it more dangerous for you.

Wooty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: January 25, 2009, 10:28:47 pm »

Aw, great. Now he's going to wait a whole day to post the turn and leave us all in suspense  :P
Quote from: Toady One
It's important to wear lots of face paint while you program. And you can type with your long Gene Simmons tongue.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: January 25, 2009, 10:37:28 pm »

I'll try to get it done tonight. I have about 5 rolls left, but I've been doing them in the way with the most death potential pretty much random order, so don't assume anything from that.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: Penguinofhonor's RTD ROUND 2 Turn 29
« Reply #1405 on: January 25, 2009, 11:55:26 pm »

I forgot to tell omegaalpha that he's a dabbling weaponsmith from creating the monk's battle armor. And I've decided that Poltifar's optional alchemy bonus means he has to roll for an alchemy mutation at -1 instead of just giving him a negative one.

Note: All you guys in the water will have to roll for drowning next turn. Except golgath and the zombies.

Turn 29

I activate my alchemic mutations and use my alchemic skill to guide them towards improving the butterfly wings into a more fitting "aluminium archangel" style complete with launchable feathers.
Alchemy: 6+2-1=6
Mutation: 2
 You focus your alchemy on your wings and make them grander, increasing their size and defining feathers, making them launchable (flying constitution rolls are at +1, can launch feathers as a ranged attack). Suddenly your powers start converting everything else on your body into aluminum. Your gold-enhanced skin becomes aluminum, then all of the skin turns aluminum to match it, and your water joints disappear in the onslaught of aluminum alchemy (+1 defense against blunt/fire, -1 defense against electricity, -1 dodge). Your metal-plated feet turn to aluminum as well (bonus against attacks from the ground reduced to +1), and your iron spikes become aluminum and fuse with your skin (you can no longer launch them), and with them your iron bones turn to aluminum. Your gold claw turns to aluminum (no change) and your nerves of steel do as well (-1 magic and +1 to non-magic thought removed). You now look like a shiny, many-eyed, spiky aluminum angel. Someone needs to draw the party at the end of this game.
Your alchemy powers increase (optional +1 to alchemy but must roll for an alchemical mutation at -1).

I'll use my free action to walk into the meeting room.  My main action shall be learning telekinesis (the ability to move existing objects with my mind).
2. You see Sean transforming himself, decide that telekinesis might be a bit too boring, and consider alchemy. You don't get anything done though.

I heal Sean and then lick the tasty syrup off my fingers. Om nom nom.
4+1=5. You see that Sean is still wounded through his new skin and heal him completely.

"Damnit.. Cyx, help me with this will you?" I use my free action to heal myself using my magic, then my actual action to make my body more resistant to damage
Free: 3-1=2
Regular: 3+1=4
You're too busy looking at the gash in your chest to concentrate on healing yourself, but you do realize that you don't want that to happen again. Looking around, you realize that there's nothing to perform necromancy with, so you use what you have. You bring all your bones to the outside of your body, forming a sort of exoskeleton from them (+1 defense against slash/blunt, -1 defense against pierce).

League of healers, awaaaaay!
I use my free action to go up the stairs and heal Devath.
3+1=4. You run up and heal most of Devath's wounds, though he still has medium bleeding.

I repel the shark if it comes near the bubble.
5+1=6. You decide to make sure that the shark can't get to anyone at all by preemptively creating a gravity field around the bubble. Suddenly, you're tossed into the water. Looking around, you realize that you overdid it and tossed everyone in the bubble out into the water.
Your gravity manipulation increases (can use on up to two targets or a small area).

I load up on electricity and charge into the water,then release all the energy.
6+2. You crackle with electricity as you charge your powers, then suddenly you're tossed out of the bubble. Before you can stop yourself, you release bolts of electricity into the water that tear through everyone. (damage=5+1-2, Mulch=3-2, Cyx=1-2, Devath=1-2, Golgath=4-2, qwerty=4-2, chaoticag=3-2, jetman=1-2, young monk=3-2, old monk=1-2, shark=4-2) You manage to come out unscathed thanks to your armor, but Mulch, Devath, Chaoticag, Jetman, Cyx, and the monks got hit very hard (horribly burned, -1 damage, -1 defense, -1 movement, -1 dodge, -2 thought and -1 magic from intense pain, undead: horribly burned, same penalties but no pain). Golgath, qwerty, and the shark didn't fare much better (badly burned, -1 damage, -1 dodge, -1 thought from pain).

If Mulch doesn't heal himself, I try to heal him. I also use my free action to scare the shark.
6. You get a crazy idea and grab the damaged great white shark (dodge=2-2) and hurl him at Mulch, then blast both of them with as much necromantic magic as you can muster.
Mulch merges with the damaged shark and becomes a sharkman, tearing his orange toga to pieces in the process. He now has a shark's tail, a dorsal fin, a shark's head, and sharp teeth (unhindered by water, +1 damage to unarmed attacks, cannot wear normal pants, cannot wear normal non-cloth body armor, cannot wear normal helmets). Using the shark's extra flesh, you fully heal him.

As the shark is effectively killed, everyone looks at the stairway. The bubble of air becomes more of a cylinder of air as it travels up the stairway, stopping when it's about a fifth up the stairs.

The party glances around nervously, wondering what happens next. Suddenly they see a small squid swimming around amongst them, and shadowdump swims towards it and smacks it with his hammer as well as he can, killing it instantly. (luck=4) He turns around just in time to see a huge squid swimming at him and avoids its tentacles.

He bumps into something else, and turns around to see a smaller, but still large, squid staring right at him however a squid can manage to stare right at someone. Everyone starts looking around and realizes that there are many squid all around. And everyone is in the water, where they have the greatest strength. They count one giant squid, three large ones, five human-sized ones, and two smaller blue ones.

Your necromancy skill increases.

I sigh and head upstairs, but I don't head into the water cos' someone plans to electrocute it
If that's a free action the I create a bubble of air around me.
4. You walk up the stairs and create an air bubble around yourself (unhindered by water, must roll for concentration every turn to keep up).

I learn Retroactive Embryology/morphology manipulation (lets you grow and un-grow limbs, tissues, and similar things, similar to healing but focusing on modifying rather than repairing), if the process of learning also includes a use of it, I grow an extra set of arms.
3+1=4. You now have weak mutation control powers.

As free action, i go up the stairs.
Main action, i transform all the water into red flavored jello! and i take my optional -1 to sixes if getting a six means something bad for us.
Converting a huge amount of water into jello isn't going to be feasible in a single roll.
4+1=5. You create a jello layer around the bubble (cannot enter/exit the bubble as a free action). You then realize you've screwed everyone in the water over even more.

I wait till the shark comes into the air bubble and grab him by the tail to smash him on the ground in the bubble.
Instead you smack one of the squids.
1+1=2. You're too shocked by recent events to do anything.

Well heal 1 person in most need and heal myself
1+1. You are struck by the feeling that your bruising is the least of your problems and don't bother fixing it, instead trying to figure out where else you're needed.

2. I practice thermokinesis. As free action I inquire if anyone has any sharp implements with which to carve ice.
2-2=1. You try to practice thermal manipulation through the pain and distraction, but the giant squid grabs you and pulls you towards it (-2 dodge, -2 movement, cannot dodge the giant squid).

The younger monk swims towards the air bubble.
1-2=1. He is also interrupted by the giant squid grabbing him. It seems to be a human collector (-2 dodge, -2 movement, cannot dodge the giant squid).

The older monk panics and also swims for safety.
4-2=2. He ends up swimming in circles.

Status
Spoiler: This is pretty long (click to show/hide)
Artifacts
Spoiler: Fortuna Aurea (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Vibgyor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ongongngukak (click to show/hide)

Locations
The First Floor: A lavishly decorated temple to the god Ecid. Monks are walking around busily.
The Second Floor: A dense jungle filled with many slightly hostile plants and animals. There is a small stone temple somewhere among the trees. The stairway to the next level has been revealed in a tall tree.
The Third Floor: What appears to be an office building, filled with all sorts of office stuff including computers, but there is no sign of electricity except the eerie fluorescent lights.
Spoiler: sub-areas (click to show/hide)
The Fourth Floor: Filled with water, except for a bubble of that contains the bottom of the staircase and the trapdoor to the Third Floor.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 05:57:16 pm by penguinofhonor »

Mulch Diggums

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hey urist! I think that cat is having a seizure!"
    • View Profile
Re: Penguinofhonor's RTD ROUND 2 Turn 29... Uh oh.
« Reply #1406 on: January 26, 2009, 12:09:41 am »

As a free action, I obsorb the tiny dead squid, healing me, giving me the power to talk to the squids, ect, for the next action I eat all the damned jello
ooooo! Swamp wiskey! Yeah!!

Wooty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: January 26, 2009, 12:43:57 am »

I free action up the stairs and help carve away the jello. If Mulch looks like he's going to eat a hole big enough to free action through, I heal one of the burn victims that will inevitably swim in.
Quote from: Toady One
It's important to wear lots of face paint while you program. And you can type with your long Gene Simmons tongue.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: January 26, 2009, 12:45:53 am »

Oh boy.  I'll do basically the same thing as Wooty.  I do have minor healing powers right?
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: January 26, 2009, 01:17:53 am »

And I thought dropping the celling was a bad move. Bummer.

I focus on the giant squid and attempt to freeze the water around him (hydrokenisis can do that right?)

If not the I focus on expanding the air bubble
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 108