Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 108

Author Topic: Penguinofhonor's RTD ROUND 2 Turn 31.5 Help update the statuses! (12/15)  (Read 141643 times)

Mulch Diggums

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hey urist! I think that cat is having a seizure!"
    • View Profile
Re: Penguinofhonor's RTD ROUND 2 Turn 27
« Reply #1380 on: January 23, 2009, 12:56:04 pm »

I vote we turn it into jello.
ooooo! Swamp wiskey! Yeah!!

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: January 23, 2009, 01:06:28 pm »

What flavor?

Mulch Diggums

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: January 23, 2009, 01:09:52 pm »

Red of course.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: January 23, 2009, 01:27:55 pm »

I'm not going to stop you, but realize that transforming the level is going to transform the challenges you face. If you make it more difficult to get to you, expect the enemies to get reinforcements. This may in fact be your goal.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: Penguinofhonor's RTD ROUND 2 Turn 28
« Reply #1384 on: January 24, 2009, 06:42:04 pm »

Zombies can't suffocate or drown and I added that to the statuses. And you can only attack the shark as it passes through the bubble.

Looking over Sean's mutations (it's been a while and I've been forgetting some), I've decided to remove the dodge penalty from his wings and add +1 unarmed damage to his limb spikes. Also his joints of water should say -1 defense on rolls of 2 or less instead of -1 damage, and his gold claw should be +1 to unarmed attack rolls.

Turn 28

Okay, new strategy. I carve little pegs sticking out of the arm, and then carve matching holes into the monks arm and stick the arm in. I then sew it up using stripped computer wires.
If that somehow works, I use my free action to head for the stairs.
3+1=4. You attach the prosthetic arm to the monk and head into the meeting room. He follows you in (the young monk now follows you as well as Armok).

I try to learn learning. (that is, bonus to learning new things)
5. You open your mind and realize that there is a world of skills, powers, languages, and a thousand other things out there that you could learn, and nearly jump around in excitement at the thought of learning them (+2 to learning things you don't already know).

I'll use my free action to get as close to the auditorium as it will allow, and then practice with my new sword.
4. You walk into the break room and train your swordsmanship on some chairs.

Instead of charging blindly up there, I think I'll use the alchemy staff to modify my lungs so I can breath air or water without any problems.
4. You point the sparkly end of your staff where you think your lungs are and do whatever you do to activate it, charging your lungs with alchemical powers. Your lungs can now alchemize stuff that enters them into air (immune to inhaled poison and suffocation from inhaling non-air substances). You can still be strangled and stuff.

Alright..I use my free action to prepare for my next necromancy action..For my actuall action, I try to enhance cyx.
I assist Mulch and I go up the stairs.
Mulch Prep: 2-1=1 (-1 to main action)
Mulch: 1+1-1=1
Cyx: 1
Mulch and Cyx try to increase Cyx's powers more, but Mulch trips and Cyx tries to catch him, forgetting about his claws, and slashes Mulch across the body (mangled torso, -1 defense, -1 movement, -1 damage). Cyx jerks back quickly and hits his wings, flapping them rapidly, surprised from hitting them, which tears them further (torn wings, cannot fly). Cyx walks up to the second floor, angered, and Mulch follows him.

I sit down cross-legged on the floor of the air bubble, with my flail placed purpendicular to the floor (I still hold on to it), and with my other hand in front of me, with my index and middle fingers pointed upwards and the rest are clenched. I then hum like a monk and practice air generation.
3. You gain weak air manipulation powers.

I'll head up.
If I have an action left, I'll crush the shark in on itself.
4+1. You run up the stairs and focus on the shark with your gravity manipulation and (dodge=3-1, damage=1+1) crush it on itself some, giving it medium bruises. You were surprised at its ability to resist being bent, then remember that sharks don't have bones.

I move to the meeting room as free action, and train alchemy once again
4. You walk into the meeting room and practice alchemy. Your alchemical powers increase (optional -1 to sixes without a base roll of six).

1. I go up the stairs as a free action, and freeze a section of water in the opening area to the fourth floor.
4+1. You walk up the stairs and freeze the water, making an ice barrier around the bubble.

I head up as well. If that's my free action, I will attempt to hit the shark if it enters the bubble again.
4. You walk up the stairs and prepare to attack the shark if it comes through. You realize this isn't likely since Devath has his whole ice shield around the bubble.

Free action:scratch me bum.
Action action:if that shark dares come through here again,I smash it with my hammer so hard I'd get a home run if this were baseball.
2. You decide that trying to attack the shark would be useless since Devath is trying to protect you from it.

Or if above have gone up or somehow have already ben heal then Celebrate by make Some new armor for someone.
5+1. You run into the meeting room and grab the younger monk, grabbing various tools and parts and wrapping them around him. He tries to struggle, but you just pin him down, which is easy with the weight of your armor. Eventually you help him up and examine your work.
Using springs from pens, some magnets, and a few other pieces of junk, you have converted his prosthetic arm into a mini arm cannon, capable of launching crossbow bolts and similar objects (can be loaded with up to 12 bolts). It's currently loaded with a dozen sharpened pens.
His left arm has been covered with armor and bristles with various sharp points (+1 unarmed damage, +1 more unarmed damage against unarmored targets but must roll for stuck-ins).
His body has been covered in metal plating from some desks and a file cabinet, which also covers his neck and chin (think this). It restricts his vision range somewhat but protects his vital areas (+1 defense against blunt and slash, +1 defense on low rolls, swarm penalty starts at -2).
You beat each other up a bit during the creation of the armor and both have medium bruising.

I practise my hydrokenises
1+1=2. You are distracted by omegaalpha's new approach to armoring and are too busy watching to train.

Since I'm in no rush to rush out into the rushing waters, I'll stay where I am and practice alchemy by converting various objects around me into rubber.
1-3+1=1. You go to turn something into rubber when the newly-armored young monk, examining his armor and fiddling with it, accidentally shoots a pen-bolt at you (dodge=1-1, damage=3-2+1) stabbing you in the arm (stabbed arm, medium bleeding).

The shark charges at the ice barrier.
6. It bursts through the ice wall, shattering it completely, and bites at Devath (dodge=1+1, damage=3-2) tearing at his chest (organ damage=5) but luckily not damaging anything besides his flesh (mangled torspo, -1 defense, -1 damage, -1 movement, -1 thought from pain).

Jetman punches at the shark (dodge=6-2) but the shark somehow manages to swim backwards back into the water before he can get to it.

The young monk walks up the stairs and practices wrestling.
1. He gets up right as the shark bites at devath and gets hit by its rough skin (damage=5) but luckily it only hits the armor.

Status
Spoiler: This is pretty long (click to show/hide)
Artifacts
Spoiler: Fortuna Aurea (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Vibgyor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ongongngukak (click to show/hide)

Locations
The First Floor: A lavishly decorated temple to the god Ecid. Monks are walking around busily.
The Second Floor: A dense jungle filled with many slightly hostile plants and animals. There is a small stone temple somewhere among the trees. The stairway to the next level has been revealed in a tall tree.
The Third Floor: What appears to be an office building, filled with all sorts of office stuff including computers, but there is no sign of electricity except the eerie fluorescent lights.
Spoiler: sub-areas (click to show/hide)
The Fourth Floor: Filled with water, except for a bubble of that contains the bottom of the staircase and the trapdoor to the Third Floor.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 12:38:59 am by penguinofhonor »

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #1385 on: January 24, 2009, 06:52:32 pm »

I repel the shark if it comes near the bubble.
Eh?
Eh!

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: January 24, 2009, 07:19:46 pm »

Ooh... that does it,I hope our healers are ready.
I'm about to do something rash...

I load up on electricity and charge into the water,then release all the energy.

Wooty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: January 24, 2009, 07:46:21 pm »

I heal Sean and then lick the tasty syrup off my fingers. Om nom nom.
Quote from: Toady One
It's important to wear lots of face paint while you program. And you can type with your long Gene Simmons tongue.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: January 24, 2009, 08:48:53 pm »

I sigh and head upstairs, but I don't head into the water cos' someone plans to electrocute it

If that's a free action the I create a bubble of air around me.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 05:06:08 am by Jackrabbit »

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: January 24, 2009, 08:50:08 pm »

League of healers, awaaaaay!
I use my free action to go up the stairs and heal Devath.
I fully endorse the idea of mountain goats that hunt man.

omagaalpha

• Bay Watcher
  • positve infinite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: January 24, 2009, 09:32:50 pm »

If status mention in my action result is suppose exist
Well heal 1 person in most need and heal myself
Else'
I Heal 2 people that are in most need of healing.
Quote from: Jetsquirrel
Announce that i saw the whole creation of hte universe! and hold the monolith again
|The monolith is alive! And seemingly annoyed by your hugs. Or maybe static electricity of some kind that for some reason didn’t hit you last time.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: January 24, 2009, 09:45:57 pm »

I learn Retroactive Embryology/morphology manipulation (lets you grow and un-grow limbs, tissues, and similar things, similar to healing but focusing on modifying rather than repairing), if the process of learning also includes a use of it, I grow an extra set of arms.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Mulch Diggums

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: January 24, 2009, 09:47:09 pm »

"Damnit.. Cyx, help me with this will you?" I use my free action to heal myself using my magic, then my actual action to make my body more resistant to damage

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: January 25, 2009, 01:02:45 am »

I learn Retroactive Embryology/morphology manipulation (lets you grow and un-grow limbs, tissues, and similar things, similar to healing but focusing on modifying rather than repairing), if the process of learning also includes a use of it, I grow an extra set of arms.
I'll just call that mutation control. Also,it won't work on dead stuff. But our resident dead guys don't seem to need it. Nonetheless, it's a very interesting power.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: January 25, 2009, 01:09:19 am »

AUGH! You Fail Biology Forever, if you think "mutation" has anything to do whit that, no matter how many bad shows use it that horrendously.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 108