Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 108

Author Topic: Penguinofhonor's RTD ROUND 2 Turn 31.5 Help update the statuses! (12/15)  (Read 141676 times)

Mulch Diggums

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hey urist! I think that cat is having a seizure!"
    • View Profile
Re: Penguinofhonor's RTD ROUND 2 Turn 26
« Reply #1350 on: January 17, 2009, 03:28:29 pm »

Aaaaaaw  :'(
ooooo! Swamp wiskey! Yeah!!

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: January 18, 2009, 06:58:39 am »

All we have to do is get him immune to diseases and he can be a fully fledged dwraf! ... untill the next version rolls around.

wehtamjd92

• Bay Watcher
  • Gorram reavers.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: January 18, 2009, 02:55:06 pm »

Yeah he spends so much time in his house that if he goes outside he gets sick that and standing around partying realy takes it out of a dwarf guy.
It takes someone special to put the laughter back in slaughter.

What did you all go and order a dead guy for?

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: January 20, 2009, 11:24:28 pm »

I'm a day late. Blame Firefly. That show is too amazing.

With another of my oh-hey-I-forgot-about-that retcons, I've decided that Jackrabbit's arms give him +1 unarmed damage and Ongongngukak lets you take one extra target with powers for free, but the second extra target makes you roll at -1.

Creatures can now have racial abilities, which will appear in their statuses as purple. An example would be a dragon's fire breath or a cobra's ability to spit poison.

Turn 27

Using my scalpel, the top part of the young monk's dismembered arm, and a complex system of ropes and pulleys fashioned out of a discarded coffee cup, I attach the prothsetic arm to the young monk's shoulder. 
1+1=2. You can't manage to find any materials to work with. The monk looks at you patiently, not wanting to rush the guy that's going to give him a replacement arm.

I teleport into the meeting room,then free action upstairs.
For flavor I'd like to give off a creepy smile aimed at the head monk.
If I get what you are saying then going up is a free action, otherwise assume that I want to use all my actions to go up the stairs.
Shadowdump: 4+1=5
Chaoticag: 4
Chaoticag runs into the meeting room and Shadowdump teleports there, where they both ascend the stairs, and the head monk follows them. They walk for a minute and open a trapdoor, climbing into an empty room. It's the full size of a normal floor, but the only noticeable features are that the walls and floor are covered in tiles, there are some pipes around the top of the walls,  and there's a spiral staircase in the middle of the room leading straight to a trapdoor in the ceiling.

Suddenly water starts pouring out of the pipes with a roar comparable to that of several waterfalls. The three panic, and try to open the trapdoor to head back down the stairs, but Chaoticag slips on the tile and falls on top of the trapdoor. They see the advancing wall of water and brace for impact, regretting that their deaths were not going to be from fighting dragons but from getting picked up by a current and slammed into some tile. They close their eyes and hear the water roaring, pouring. They wait a few seconds, but nothing happens.

Looking around, they realize that there's a half-sphere of air surrounding them that the water can't enter for some magical reason, with the bottom of the staircase at its center, and watch as the water fills up the rest of the cube. Through the water, they make out a large moving shape. The monk knocks the other two to the ground as a great white shark shoots through the air bubble with enough momentum to pass through to the other side and keep swimming.

You aren't limited to staying in the bubble, but anyone in the water will have [-1 dodge, -1 damage, -1 movement, -2 defense against electricity]. You can enter and exit it as a free action unless you get too far away from the bubble. You can't attack anything in the water if you're in the bubble. Unless you have some means of getting air, you'll have to roll for drowning every turn in the water after your first. Electricity will be devastating on any success, to both enemies and allies. And we know what happened last time.
Also, Shadowdump's teleportation powers increased (optional +1 to teleportation, but must roll at -1 for control).

I head the room with the stairs up and work on learning goblineese.
4. You walk into the meeting room and pick up a goblin book on accounting. You manage to learn some goblin from it (+1 charisma to goblins).

I'll fly back and find that healing potion... and eat it.
2. You fly back into the meeting room but decide that, since you're fully healed, it wouldn't do any good to consume the potion in any way.

I head to the stairs so I can go up next turn. If it only takes my free action, I also continue practicing wrestling.
3. You walk into the meeting room and train a little.

I'll search around the various rooms, looking for an armory.  If I find one, I take a sword.
6. You search frantically through a couple rooms, then remember the third door in the secret passage. You charge through it, bashing the door open recklessly (light bruises), and find yourself in the CEO's Office. Searching through his drawers and stuff, you find a few weapons and pick one up. It's a sword, made to look like a shark with a serrated edge (+1 damage against unarmored opponents, can make an attack that negates armor bonuses and damages armor at [-1 damage, -1 to the attack roll]). You pick up the scabbard to the sword and strap it to a fancy belt you find.

I use my appearance manipulation to make Cyx appearance even more frightful, making him look like made of steel and whit red glows and horrible facial expression and all that stuff, hopefully scary enough to give him a combat bonus.
4+1. You alter Cyx's appearance to make him look demonic. His bone armor and claws look charred and his eyes glow red and fiery. Any faces that are showing from the bodies composing him gain twisted and disturbing facial expressions. Cyx can now scare a target as a free action giving them [-1 to attacking, -1 defense] for one turn, with the penalties being doubled if it's the first turn that target has seen Cyx. Powerful enemies may become immune to this after a couple uses.

As a free action, i move from the arena to the computer room through hallway B. As my action, I train my alchemy. If possible, i'd like to train it as to be able to transmute organic material without a penalty, or atleast with less penalty.
6. You walk into the computer room and start practicing alchemy on all sorts of different things. You then realize that one of those things was yourself, (mutation=5) and feel something in your mouth. You realize that your teeth and the inside of your mouth have become highly charged with alchemical powers. You can now spit at enemies as an attack, and must roll to see the material it turns into, though you can choose what you want to get on a successful roll. You can drink magical liquids (potions, etc. the ones that are important) without trouble, though non-magical liquids may be a problem.

I'll approach the stairs to the next level(free action?), practicing with my staff as I go.
1. You use the newly discovered passage to the computer room, and try to practice with your staff in there. You trip over some wires and fall (damage=6) saving yourself impressively.

I am get upseted that seem healing powers have not improved with all healing that seem usually do :( . Ok enough complaining, I heal polifer or if someone need more of healing then I do them too.
For free action complain about people injury themselves.
6+1. You start healing Poltifar, muttering about how nobody can stop hurting themselves even after all the enemies are gone. You don't put much thought into controlling it since the last two attempts didn't have much magic to control, but it gets out of hand (mutation=4) and Poltifar gains a bony spike on each elbow (+1 accuracy to counterattacks, cannot wear long-sleeved shirts).
Your healing powers increase. You can now take up to two targets with healing.

1. I practice thermokinesis.
2. You lose your train of thought wondering what's on the next floor and can't manage to practice anything.

I'll gather with the other people who are waiting to go up.
Since you're in the auditorium, that's just a free action. You'll practice plant manipulation too then.
2. You walk into the meeting room and get distracted by Cyx's new appearance, so much so that you forget to train.

I guess I fuse that goblin zombie with cyx, trying to make him stronger. If I get a free spell action, I guess I use it to prepare for my other roll.
6-1. You charge your necromancy quickly in preparation (+1 to main roll).
4+2. Your goblin zombie shambles towards you. You look down at it from on Cyx, then fuse it to him, adding to his mass. Then Poltifar's pet bat, feeling neglected as it hasn't been touched for about 20 turns, starts to fly towards you, hoping that it can help something. It gets caught up in the magic and before you know it, Cyx has two giant, tattered, rotting bat wings sticking off his back (can fly for +1 dodge, +1 movement, must roll for constitution at -2 while flying). You realize his wings might need strengthened before he can fly effectively.
Your necromancy increases, and now you can use necromancy over a longer distance. This is about the distance between one floor. You can also control your minions over this distance, and your semi-control over Cyx stretches this far.

I head into the meeting room as well.
5. You walk into the meeting room.

Status
Spoiler: This is pretty long (click to show/hide)
Artifacts
Spoiler: Fortuna Aurea (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Vibgyor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ongongngukak (click to show/hide)

Locations
The First Floor: A lavishly decorated temple to the god Ecid. Monks are walking around busily.
The Second Floor: A dense jungle filled with many slightly hostile plants and animals. There is a small stone temple somewhere among the trees. The stairway to the next level has been revealed in a tall tree.
The Third Floor: What appears to be an office building, filled with all sorts of office stuff including computers, but there is no sign of electricity except the eerie fluorescent lights.
Spoiler: sub-areas (click to show/hide)
The Fourth Floor: Filled with water, except for a bubble of that contains the bottom of the staircase and the trapdoor to the Third Floor.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 03:30:48 pm by penguinofhonor »

Wooty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Penguinofhonor's RTD ROUND 2 Turn 27
« Reply #1354 on: January 20, 2009, 11:44:42 pm »

Okay, new strategy. I carve little pegs sticking out of the arm, and then carve matching holes into the monks arm and stick the arm in. I then sew it up using stripped computer wires. Maybe I should go down to level one and mug a healer monk.

If that somehow works, I use my free action to head for the stairs.
Quote from: Toady One
It's important to wear lots of face paint while you program. And you can type with your long Gene Simmons tongue.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: January 21, 2009, 12:05:52 am »

I try to learn learning. (that is, bonus to learning new things)
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: January 21, 2009, 12:15:44 am »

I'll use my free action to get as close to the auditorium as it will allow, and then practice with my new sword.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 12:53:47 am by Frelock »
All generalizations are false....including this one.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: January 21, 2009, 12:17:05 am »

I'll let you pick up the scabbard when you pick up the sword, and edit the turn.

Mulch Diggums

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hey urist! I think that cat is having a seizure!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: January 21, 2009, 12:46:41 am »

Alright..I use my free action to prepare for my next necromancy action..For my actuall action, I try to enhance cyx. By the way..Since we're zombies..do we need to breath?

Cyx..You may want to try and help me with this..some how.. You have necromantic powers too :P
ooooo! Swamp wiskey! Yeah!!

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: January 21, 2009, 12:53:05 am »

Thanks, penguin!  I'll edit my former action, then.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: January 21, 2009, 03:54:39 am »

Instead of charging blindly up there, I think I'll use the alchemy staff to modify my lungs so I can breath air or water without any problems.  If this isn't possible, or horribly risky and dangerous, I'll settle for practicing with my staff again.
I fully endorse the idea of mountain goats that hunt man.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: January 21, 2009, 04:49:47 am »

Since I'm in no rush to rush out into the rushing waters, I'll stay where I am and practice alchemy by converting various objects around me into rubber.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

omagaalpha

• Bay Watcher
  • positve infinite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: January 21, 2009, 07:58:19 am »

Wahoo if Poltifar and/or Jetman123 Still on the same floor I heal them. This time Pay more attention to what I doing this time So my free action is to prepare for healing 2 people.

Or if above have gone up or somehow have already ben heal then Celebrate by make Some new armor for someone.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 02:30:29 pm by omagaalpha »
Quote from: Jetsquirrel
Announce that i saw the whole creation of hte universe! and hold the monolith again
|The monolith is alive! And seemingly annoyed by your hugs. Or maybe static electricity of some kind that for some reason didn’t hit you last time.

Cyx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: January 21, 2009, 08:00:42 am »

Thank you guys ! *hugs*

I assist Mulch and I go up the stairs.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #1364 on: January 21, 2009, 08:15:43 am »

I'll head up.
If I have an action left, I'll crush the shark in on itself.
Eh?
Eh!
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 108