Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 108

Author Topic: Penguinofhonor's RTD ROUND 2 Turn 31.5 Help update the statuses! (12/15)  (Read 141884 times)

Mulch Diggums

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hey urist! I think that cat is having a seizure!"
    • View Profile
Re: Penguinofhonor's RTD ROUND 2 Turn 21
« Reply #1200 on: January 03, 2009, 02:14:44 am »

I hop up ontop of cryx (free action) and start shooting blasts of necromantic magic at the enemys. I tell cryx to kill the mimic.
ooooo! Swamp wiskey! Yeah!!

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: January 03, 2009, 03:24:26 am »

I train my sword-wielding skills by hacking at some furniture!
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: January 03, 2009, 03:29:08 am »

Meh... this lobotomy utterly ruins my character concept,however I'll cope with it.

I practice my horribly dangerous electricity manipulation,hoping to get that conditional safety -1.
Hopefully away from the party in case something goes wrong.

Also,that armor looks sweeet.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 03:30:54 am by SHAD0Wdump »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: January 03, 2009, 03:36:33 am »

I focus and transmute the lead plating into titanium. Less poisoning, much lighter and more protective. :)
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: January 03, 2009, 04:06:12 am »

You know... I just realized that I'm probably the best weapon we got against the CEO.What with the lobotomy/devastating electrical attacks.

Omega,if I might have my armor please....

Next turn it is time to hunt executives. 8)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 04:13:35 am by SHAD0Wdump »

Wooty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: January 03, 2009, 04:20:31 am »

I don't think I like whatever Shadowdump was plotting. If he ever tries to unlobotimize himself we better jump him.

Speaking of which, we should pick a turn to all gang up on the CEO. Each attacker after the first gives a -1 to dodge or something similar, so it will be a lot more effective to have six attack him in one turn than to have 1 or 2 attacking him over multiple turns.

For my action, I grab a nearby bone or limb or corpse (there's got to be something) and make a bone dagger.

Quote from: Toady One
It's important to wear lots of face paint while you program. And you can type with your long Gene Simmons tongue.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: January 03, 2009, 04:49:14 am »

I strike down the goblin CEO.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: January 03, 2009, 07:00:57 am »

I run to the arena, screaming at the top of my lungs!

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #1208 on: January 03, 2009, 11:20:16 am »

I'll take a moment to attempt to crush 2 goblins together(with gravity).
Eh?
Eh!

Cyx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: January 03, 2009, 04:50:41 pm »

Hey Mulch, I'm Cyx, not Cryx.

I attack the Giant Mimic.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: January 03, 2009, 05:44:31 pm »

Cryx is just his affectionate nickname for you, since you're his greatest creation at all. As for why he called you that before your transformation, I guess he has prescience.

You know... I just realized that I'm probably the best weapon we got against the CEO.What with the lobotomy/devastating electrical attacks.
Devastating electrical attacks are good. If you train enough you could get +1 damage against enemies with conductive armor. Or +1 accuracy. Or both.

I also just realized that weapon skills should give +1 to the base attack roll before they give accuracy bonuses. Only Frelock and Chaoticag are affected by this, I think.

Edit: I think I haven't been giving Chaoticag weapon experience, so he wasn't skilled yet. Now he is.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 05:47:48 pm by penguinofhonor »

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: January 04, 2009, 04:18:25 am »

Okay, I practise water manipulation. It was a typo, I meant pyro-genics. Like, the dwarven kind, and I'm on holiday so I have no computer acsess. Don't kill me for at least 10 days

Jetman123

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Bauxite Turbojet!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: January 04, 2009, 07:34:07 am »

I wade into the action, near Armok, attacking one of the goblins that are on him.

If that fails, I grab the nearest goblin and attempt to throw him into a wall.

Next turn, I attempt to break the neck of the nearest hostile goblin.
When dwarves want to commit suicide, then by Armok, they _will_ commit suicide, even if they have to spend the rest of their lives working at it!

wehtamjd92

• Bay Watcher
  • Gorram reavers.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: January 04, 2009, 03:45:53 pm »

Now wouldn't it be amazing if actions happened with results exactly as typed eg. I throw a goblin into a wall. (5) You grab the goblin and as you throw him he turns into a wall blacking the door. Oh the irony.
It takes someone special to put the laughter back in slaughter.

What did you all go and order a dead guy for?

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: Penguinofhonor's RTD ROUND 2 Turn 22
« Reply #1214 on: January 04, 2009, 04:21:08 pm »

You guys didn't get the special surprise, but it was only a Christmas level and I like my original idea for the next level better anyways.

The skill system (not powers) now has spexializations. You get three specializations: one at no-adjective (people with specializations at dabbling will get to keep them), one at master, and one at legendary. You must train to get them like you would train to get experience, except the one you get at legendary. Yeah, rules post time.

Devath's character is now up for grabs. And Jackrabbit's character is up for temporary grabs, since he warned me of his absence. Someone can control Jackrabbit's character until he gets back. Try to keep it similar to what he's done with his character so far.

Turn 22

I decrease the density of a goblins tongue.
6. You expand a goblin's tongue, and suddenly its entire head explodes in foam-like chunks.
You now have strong density manipulation powers (+1 density manipulation).

Anyway, as my action, I try to heal Jackrabbit of his mysterious infection.
3. You manage to weaken it some. It won't harm him for a few more turns (I was going to start making it do stuff this turn).

I hop up ontop of cryx (free action) and start shooting blasts of necromantic magic at the enemys. I tell cryx to kill the mimic.
6. You hop up on Cyx and blast the corpses in the room with necromancy, making them explode violently, sending bone shards everywhere (goblin damage=1, Cyx dodge=3-2 damage=6-1+1, Mulch dodge=3+1, Sean dodge=3+1, Devath dodge=4, Armok dodge=6-1). Many goblins get mangled and die, but nobody else gets hit much except Cyx, who shrugged off the bone shards easily.

I train my sword-wielding skills by hacking at some furniture!
3. You chop at some swivel chairs and manage to increase your swordsmanship skill.

I practice my horribly dangerous electricity manipulation,hoping to get that conditional safety -1.
Hopefully away from the party in case something goes wrong.
3. You gain a little electricity manipulation experience, but not enough to increase your skill.

I focus and transmute the lead plating into titanium. Less poisoning, much lighter and more protective. :)
1+1-1+1=2. You can't manage to turn the lead into anytihing.
6. Two large, butterfly-shaped wings made out of aluminum burst out of your back (your wingspan is about eight feet or 2.4m for you metric peoples), tearing your toga to tatters (-1 dodge except on rolls of 5 or 6, can fly for +1 dodge and +1 movement but must roll for exhaustion). Your water joints movement bonus does not apply in flight.
2-1. The lead damages your brain pretty badly (moderate brain damage, -1 thought, -1 charisma, -1 magic, -1 dodge).

For my action, I grab a nearby bone or limb or corpse (there's got to be something) and make a bone dagger.
2. Try as you might, you can't manage to find anything. Cyx absorbed everything very thoroughly.

I strike down the goblin CEO.
5+1=6. You charge at the CEO screaming. His companions don't even have enough time to move to defend him. (dodge=5-1) Not one to waste meatshields, he throws Goblin Elite Lawyer B in front of you (damage=2+2-3) and you chop the goblin's legs off (both missing legs, -3 dodge, -2 movement, -1 accuracy, -1 damage, -2 thought from intense pain, very heavy bleeding, -1 to bleeding rolls). You nervously glance at your blade, hoping it will stay sharp long enough to get rid of the CEO.
You are now an adept swordsman (+1 accuracy with swords).

I run to the arena, screaming at the top of my lungs!
Since this could be done in a free action, you'll attack the goblins.
1. You run into the arena and see Goblin Elite Lawyer A charging at you (dodge=6) but you swing your flail towards its face (dodge=4) scaring it into ceasing its charge far enough from you to be out of the range of your weapon.

I'll take a moment to attempt to crush 2 goblins together(with gravity).
1+1. You run into the auditorium and stare in shock at the carnage from Mulch's attack.

Okay, I practise water manipulation.
2+1=3. You work your hydrokinesis a bit, but don't learn too much.

I wade into the action, near Armok, attacking one of the goblins that are on him.
6. You jump at one of the goblins (dodge=2-2, damage=2-1), ripping him to pieces with your bare hands.

I attack the Giant Mimic.
1. You turn to attack the mimic, but see that it was faster. (dodge=5-2, damage=4+1) It slams into you, but you aren't damaged by it.

The mimic bites at Cyx again.
2. It's too stunned from slamming into him.

Goblin Elite Lawyer A attacks chaoticag again.
4. He charges again, making sure that chaoticag isn't swinging his flail around. (dodge=3, damage=4) and lightly bruises chaoticag.

The CEO tries to convince Frelock to kill chaoticag.
4+2. His debating is, as usual, incredibly convincing (resist=2-1) and Frelock is convinced thoroughly that the goblins are the good guys (-1 to attacking goblins next round). He walks up behind chaoticag, who is busy fighting Elite Lawyer A (dodge=1-2, damage=3-2) and impales chaoticag on his sword (organ damage=2), damaging his heart and lungs. He pulls it out and watches the blood flow from chaoticag's wound (impaled, -1 dodge, -1 damage, -1 defense, damaged heart, -1 to bleeding rolls, damaged lungs, -1 movement, -2 thought from intense pain, heavy bleeding), then realizes something is wrong with what he just did.

Status
Spoiler: This is pretty long (click to show/hide)

Artifacts
Spoiler: Fortuna Aurea (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Vibgyor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ongongngukak (click to show/hide)

Locations
The First Floor: A lavishly decorated temple to the god Ecid. Monks are walking around busily. The monks are suspicious of you, so all characters on this floor get -1 to stealing.
The Second Floor: A dense jungle filled with many slightly hostile plants and animals. There is a small stone temple somewhere among the trees. The stairway to the next level has been revealed in a tall tree.
The Third Floor: What appears to be an office building, filled with all sorts of office stuff including computers, but there is no sign of electricity except the eerie fluorescent lights.
Spoiler: sub-areas (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 07:57:26 pm by penguinofhonor »
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 108