Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 108

Author Topic: Penguinofhonor's RTD ROUND 2 Turn 31.5 Help update the statuses! (12/15)  (Read 141670 times)

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Penguinofhonor's Roll to Dodge ROUND 2 Turn 16
« Reply #1080 on: December 06, 2008, 04:30:16 am »

Don't lock this thread by bumping it.

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: December 13, 2008, 10:51:10 pm »

I am a horrible failure at GM-ing. It's possible that I won't be able to update this until monday.

This is looking more and more unlikely.  Should we attempt to salvage this with a new GM, or something similar?

EDIT: Considering no one has showed up to comment, I'm going to assume this is totally dead.  A shame, it had a lot of potential.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 02:46:17 am by Golgath »
I fully endorse the idea of mountain goats that hunt man.

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: December 14, 2008, 02:52:42 am »

Well its not completely dead, I still check it regularly, and I'm sure others do...
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: December 14, 2008, 03:35:47 am »

I only check new replies. What happened pinguen? I was an elemental wizard! I wanted to kill people with ice and grass and stone and more grassd because that would be hilarious.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: December 14, 2008, 05:36:42 am »

And I haven't even gotten to sucking souls yet...

<_<==>_>

omagaalpha

• Bay Watcher
  • positve infinite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: December 14, 2008, 07:45:41 am »

Well he has been on
Quote from: Penguinofhonor
Last Active:  December 13, 2008, 04:19:57 PM

So probable just has busy rl schedule right now.
Quote from: Jetsquirrel
Announce that i saw the whole creation of hte universe! and hold the monolith again
|The monolith is alive! And seemingly annoyed by your hugs. Or maybe static electricity of some kind that for some reason didn’t hit you last time.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: December 14, 2008, 08:24:43 am »

Its od bcause I checked the stats and this is one of the most popular threads.  :-\

wehtamjd92

• Bay Watcher
  • Gorram reavers.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: December 14, 2008, 12:29:35 pm »

I go to school with penguin and as seniors we have to write a massive senior thesis thats why it's taking so long. In 1 week we'll be on break and he'll be on for real again, also he's done some of the rolls just not all 15 of them. (I'm doing 6 of my own and its not always easy.)
It takes someone special to put the laughter back in slaughter.

What did you all go and order a dead guy for?

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: December 14, 2008, 07:59:34 pm »

All RTDers should have a friend like you. now we know.

wehtamjd92

• Bay Watcher
  • Gorram reavers.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: December 14, 2008, 11:17:49 pm »

Well us GM's gotta stick together he's gonna be helping me with mine later.
It takes someone special to put the laughter back in slaughter.

What did you all go and order a dead guy for?

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: December 15, 2008, 07:46:00 pm »

I'm on statuses now. I'll see if I can have this up by the end of the day. Though a couple of you might wish I'd waited a little longer to post it.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: December 15, 2008, 08:02:19 pm »

Including me?

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: Penguinofhonor's RTD ROUND 2 Turn 17
« Reply #1092 on: December 17, 2008, 11:56:30 pm »

It took me a good two weeks, but here it is. I know I missed some statuses somewhere, so point those out to me and I'll get them.

I updated the rules post to contain a section on the mechanics of various skills and powers. I also added a couple recent rules, and refined the teleportation mechanics a bit.
New rule: Weapon skills only gain +1 by being used no matter what. This is to stop you from becoming super-powerful weapon masters quickly, which would force me to make super-powerful enemies that would quickly and easily tear the new and weaker players apart.

Turn 17
Since things don't seem to be going well, and no one needs to be brought back from the dead (yet) I do my best to conceal myself, so I can help without any devouring by zombies interrupting the process.
I'll keep this action since omegaalpha ends up healing Jackrabbit anyways.
6+1. You conceal yourself perfectly, and one of the zombies even steps on you without noticing you're there.

Okay, I attempt to stem the bleeding
4. You manage to stop yourself from bleeding some (now only medium bleeding).

Alright I suppose I should...Charge my elephant with necromantic energies.
I also tell my minions to stay next to me incase of attack but also attack the enemy.
6. You send out blobs of necromantic energy that pick up all the goblin bodies that didn't get reanimated or got killed again, and fuse them to your elephant. The result is a roughly elephant shaped mass of undead flesh, with various random limbs sticking out in places (Elephant Abomination: +1 damage, +1 damage and -1 accuracy against smaller targets, -2 dodge, +1 defense, -3 to positive magic used on or by it).
You see that you missed a goblin corpse, which rises and moans angrily (Goblin Zombie F, not under your control).
Your necromantic powers have increased (+1 to necromancy while critically injured).

Time advantage of Armour and healing ability, heal one in need of most (give preference to Jackrabbit over Cyx since elemental wizard see more useful to me if one of them going to die). Of course obviously going toward healing multiple people.
5+2=6. You run into the meeting room and pour healing magic into Jackrabbit, completely healing his wounds (the infection requires another healing roll, though I assure you that it won't affect him for at least a few turns). (Mutation=6) He gains another set of arms, directly below his original set (-2 to using these arms for 2 turns, two more hands for holding things, cannot wear regular shirts).

For this turn I project a stunning electrical field to incapacitate the non-controlled zombies.And if possible,Cauterize bleeding in the process.

If I still have a free action,I nonchalantly walk into the computer room.
6. You send out a powerful wave of electricity, filling the whole room and endangering everyone and everything in it (damage=1, Jetman=6, Cyx=1, qwerty=6, chaoticag=6, jackrabbit=2, Mulch=1, omegaalpha=5, Head Monk=4, Young Monk=2, Cyx's Armadillo=6, Poltifar's bat=3, Mulch's elephant abomination=6, Mulch's goblin zombie=2, Zombie A=1, B=4, E=4, F=1).
The electricity dances over your skin, badly burning you (very badly burned, -1 movement, -1 dodge, -1 damage, -1 thought from pain). You shakily stand up and see that Cyx was killed by the blast, that Mulch is burned as bad as you are, and that goblin zombies F and A are smoldering corpses. Jackrabbit, the young monk, and Mulch's zombie are badly burned (-1 movement, -1 damage, -1 thought from pain). The head monk, Poltifar's bat, and the remaining two zombies got only light burns, and everyone else survived unharmed. You manage to crawl into the computer room.
If it's any consolation, you level up your electricity manipulation powers (+1 when wearing conductive armor but must make a dodge roll).

For this turn, I'll attempt to cleave the CEO's head in twain, rather than slicing it off.  If he's dead afterward, I'll take the jacket as my free action.
3. You jump at him, though it's hard to get to him because of the mimic (-1 accuracy). (dodge=4+2) Instead of hitting him, you lightly hit the mimic, which is angered. It glares at you, unmoving, until the CEO snaps his fingers, which causes it to jump at you (dodge=1, damage=6-3), but you manage to get out of the way in time and only get light cuts.

I heal Cyx.
Too late. Instead, you'll heal someone that shadowdump nearly murdered.
4+1. You run up and heal Jackrabbit completely.

Hm. I learn to imbue inanimate objects with alchemic power. So that, for example, I can take an iron nail, empower it, and throw it into anything to make it become solid iron.
3. You gain weak enchanting powers. There are enchantment mechanics in the rules post. Basically enchantment is a magic that allows you to put your other powers into objects. It doesn't use the other powers' bonuses, though. It uses its own, at least for now.
3. Not only does nothing happen, but you feel the changing in your body slow down. You will now only transform once per turn.

I repeat my earlier formula for success only with making goblins sprout into plants.
3. You manage to make a couple of the zombies have little sprouts growing out of their heads, but the sprouts quickly die.

I attack Zombie B using my hand to hand combat skills.
4. You run towards zombie B and punch at it, (dodge=3-1, damage=2) breaking its arm and knocking it over.

And well... being the cowardly alchemist that I am, I continue improving my sword in the safety of the break room while everyone else is being ripped to pieces in the meeting room. I try to transform the sword into a harder material but still light, so that not to lose its extra accuracy.
4+1. You turn it to iron (+1 accuracy, no damage reduction).

Hopefully I will survive and be useful at some point.
As for my action... third shape, and I try not to die.
Oh, the irony.

I bring my flail crashing down on zombie A's head, very theatrically.
5. You swing your flail around dramatically, making sure that you have everyone's attention before you smack it into the downed Zombie A, (dodge=5-1) but you embarrass yourself because it turns and moves its head to moan at someone, causing you to miss.

2a. If I manage to reach the goblins, I attempt to encase the CEO in ice.
4. You use your powers and start freezing the area around the CEO, (dodge=5+1) but he sees you doing so and debates with you over whether you should be doing that or not (resist=5-2), causing you to stop.

The goblin swarm changes its target to Frelock, to protect the CEO.
1. Frelock fights them back, killing several. His sword wears out a little.

The CEO debates with Frelock, attempting to get him to kill Akroma.
4+2. His argument is superb, (resist=3-1) and Frelock is convinced that Akroma is evil, and attacks her (dodge=6) and she decides to parry rather than dodge, stabbing at him with her umbrella. (dodge=4) Frelock manages to dodge and comes back to his senses...

Just in time for the Mimic to charge at him from behind.
2. The mimic tries, but there are too many swarming goblins in the way.

Goblin Zombie E bites at Jackrabbit, as if wondering why he won't die.
6. Jackrabbit has his back turned and the zombie gets close before he can do much, (dodge=2, damage=2) allowing the zombie to tear a couple chunks out of his arm (mangled arm, heavy bleeding).

Status
Spoiler: This is pretty long (click to show/hide)

Artifacts
Spoiler: Fortuna Aurea (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Vibgyor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ongongngukak (click to show/hide)

Locations
The First Floor: A lavishly decorated temple to the god Ecid. Monks are walking around busily. The monks are suspicious of you, so all characters on this floor get -1 to stealing.
The Second Floor: A dense jungle filled with many slightly hostile plants and animals. There is a small stone temple somewhere among the trees. The stairway to the next level has been revealed in a tall tree.
The Third Floor: What appears to be an office building, filled with all sorts of office stuff including computers, but there is no sign of electricity except the eerie fluorescent lights.
Spoiler: sub-areas (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 02:56:57 pm by penguinofhonor »

Wooty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: December 18, 2008, 12:49:10 am »

We might want to have more than one person with ressurection powers, the way this is going.

I defend whoever the guy with the resurrection powers is(Mulch?), but if he's safe then I heal Jackrabbit.
Quote from: Toady One
It's important to wear lots of face paint while you program. And you can type with your long Gene Simmons tongue.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: December 18, 2008, 01:08:31 am »

I kill the CEO with my sword, without damaging the jacket.  If I succeed, I then pick up the jacket as a free action.
All generalizations are false....including this one.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 108