Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 108

Author Topic: Penguinofhonor's RTD ROUND 2 Turn 31.5 Help update the statuses! (12/15)  (Read 141946 times)

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: Penguinofhonor's Roll to Dodge ROUND 2 (HEY I UPDATED FOR ONCE)
« Reply #1020 on: November 29, 2008, 03:35:34 am »

I'll charge into the meeting room, slice off the lead goblin's head.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Cyx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: November 29, 2008, 04:05:29 am »

I switch to the second form and mimic Mulch's necromancy to help him gaining control of the zombies.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 12:15:08 pm by Cyx »

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: November 29, 2008, 06:08:55 am »

I close my umbrella, and then attack the goblin CEO with it
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: November 29, 2008, 06:28:27 am »

First, a question: Do I need to actually touch an item to transmute it, or do I just need to be close to it (In the same room, or a few meters away...)?

Action: I transmute any remaining table/item of furniture into a sharp titanium sword (I need a weapon...)
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: November 29, 2008, 11:33:24 am »

Poltifar, you just have to be close.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: November 29, 2008, 06:42:25 pm »

what happened to my ring? It didn't change powers.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: November 29, 2008, 07:16:39 pm »

what happened to my ring? It didn't change powers.
Yes it did. I fixed it after you complained the first time.

Edit: Whoa, "Yespecialy"? Man, the Wii's internet channel sucks.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 11:49:43 pm by penguinofhonor »

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: November 29, 2008, 07:20:29 pm »

Yay! Whining works!

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: November 30, 2008, 08:38:15 am »

I spin kick zombie A in the head!

Mulch Diggums

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hey urist! I think that cat is having a seizure!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: November 30, 2008, 01:10:17 pm »

D: not mah zombahs
ooooo! Swamp wiskey! Yeah!!

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: November 30, 2008, 01:59:55 pm »

It looks like we have our first possible death (several red wounds, mysterious infection, very heavy bleeding). Healers, get ready.

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: November 30, 2008, 02:38:24 pm »

Well i doubt it could be me...
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: November 30, 2008, 02:47:48 pm »

Yeah, you're safe.

Ooh, another mangled person. And say bye to the stone golem.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: Penguinofhonor's Roll to Dodge ROUND 2 Turn 16
« Reply #1033 on: November 30, 2008, 04:34:05 pm »

Also, I've been alerted that Shadowdump's teleportation powers seem to be a bit overpowered, mostly because they have the same bonuses and penalties as other skills, but much more versatility. So, Shadowdump, expect several penalties in the near future. The first one is the separation of self-teleportation and other-teleportation powers. You have self-teleportation.
The second is long-distance teleportation. You don't have it, so you're limited to areas on the same floor. Also, you have a -1 to teleporting to places that you haven't been to before.
I feel that should be enough. You can counter all of those penalties by leveling up your powers, so it just makes sure that you get skilled in them before you do crazy stuff.

Turn 16
I draw a huge sharp rock pillar from the wall and into the brain of one of the goblins Mulch isn't controling.
2+1. You manage to shoot a couple small gypsum spikes at Goblin Zombie B, (dodge=5-1) but it manages to lurch out of the way.

Teleport self,meeting room,NOW.
Maybe use a little electricity manipulation to create a shockwave on my way out if I can fit it in.
6. You teleport out of the room, sending a shockwave of electricity out while you do it. (mimic dodge=4) The mimic manages to stay out of the way of the bolts, and the rock golem is immune to electric damage. The shockwave doesn't reach the auditorium, (control=6) and you manage to keep yourself from shocking anybody in the meeting room.
The experience from teleporting was split between electricity manipulation and teleportation, with a little bonus experience for electricity from controlling it which causes your electricity manipulation to level up (+1 electricity manipulation).

Spontaneous new rule. You can mix powers/skills/etc, but the only bonuses you gain are bonuses that the two skills/powers/etc share.

"What? You dare defy me? The one who lifted you out of death's claws? YOU WILL NOT DISOBEY YOUR MASTER! FOOLS!" I yell that while using my necromancy to controll the bad zombie's minds.
3+1. You scream at the zombies and fire a blast of dark magic towards Goblin Zombie E, which turns on the other zombies as you command it to.

2 step plan to victory:
1:
 a)pick any random goblin.
 b)send it flying away at HIGH sppe to either splat into or crash through a sturdy and/or sharp object
2: repeat 1 as many(probably 1) times as I can in a single turn.
3. You use your powers and knock Goblin Zombie D over.

Guess I'll go with changing my skin to the material, then, hopefully figuring out a way to camouflage myself with it.
5. You wave the staff around and learn how to evoke its powers. You learn that it allows you to perform alchemy every two turns, and use its magic to make your skin transform to match the area around you (+1 to hiding, and various bonuses depending on what you turn into).
Your skin transforms into carpet to match the floor around you, and you crouch down to get the best effect from it (-1 defense against fire).

1. I get up and follow the noise, sure that the commotion will lead to something important.
3. You walk down Hallway A and into the auditorium. Not that many goblins see you as they're mostly looking at the stone golem and the mimic.

1.Take advanatage supplies in computer room to practice armour smithing depend on what it is determine if keep it or give to help another team member.
2. You can't manage to make anything useful out of the computer pieces, so you throw away whatever makeshift armor you had made.

I take off at fastest possible speed for the meeting room.
4. You run to the meeting room. It might not have been the fastest possible speed, but it was enough to get you away.

If it is, I run into the meeting room and stab Zombie C's brains out.
Walking short distances is a free action. And I'm assuming that you want a double attack.
3. You run into the meeting room and weakly stab at Zombie C (-1 damage), but you stumble a bit and ruin your chances of a second attack. (dodge=2-1, damage=5-2+1) You hit it in the head, but you only manage to scratch it.

I transmute the closed door into water and walk into whatever's behind it.
2+1. You get some of the door to turn to water, but not enough to get through, so you just open it and walk through. You climb up a small staircase and reach an incredibly fancy office.
2. The iron plates covering your blind spots turn back into normal skin.
3. Nothing happens.

I'll charge into the meeting room, slice off the lead goblin's head.
3. You run into the meeting room and charge the Goblin CEO with your sword, but a couple push you, knocking you off balance (-1 accuracy), (dodge=5+1-1) allowing the CEO to easily evade you.

I switch to the second form and mimic Mulch's necromancy to help him gaining control of the zombies.
The amulet turns to its plus shape.
1. You attempt to mimic what Mulch is doing, but Goblin Zombie B lurches at you. (dodge=2, damage=1) It grabs onto you and bites you in the arm, gnawing off several chunks of flesh before you can manage to push it off (mangled arm, -1 thought from pain, heavy bleeding, mysterious infection).
Your amulet glows bright red and a mysterious force cuts deep gashes into your legs (mangled legs, -1 movement, -1 dodge, -1 more thought from pain, very heavy bleeding, -1 to bleeding survival rolls).

I close my umbrella, and then attack the goblin CEO with it
You run into the auditorium and close your umbrella. The CEO and several goblins laugh at your choice of weapon.
2. You try to lunge at the CEO, but you stumble and just look silly. The goblins ridicule you even more. One spits at you (dodge=1) and hits you right in the face, humiliating you further.

Action: I transmute any remaining table/item of furniture into a sharp titanium sword (I need a weapon...)
5+1. You transform some parts of the table into a sword, but the magic goes out of your control and (luck=3) turns the sword into aluminum. The new sword is light, but weak (+1 accuracy, -1 damage, weak material).

I spin kick zombie A in the head!
4. You charge and kick the zombie, (dodge=3-1), and you hit it (damage=2) breaking its jaw and knocking it to the ground.

Zombie B bites at Jackrabbit.
6. It charges at him with a singlemindedness only possible through undeath, (dodge=1-1) grabbing Jackrabbit and biting into him (damage=1-1) tearing out several chunks of flesh on Jackrabbit's torso (mangled torso, -1 defense, -1 thought from pain, heavy bleeding, mysterious infection).
Your ring turns brown and gives you a bit of experience in earth manipulation.

Zombie C turns and attacks Wooty.
3. It manages to shuffle towards him, but he sees it coming (dodge=6) and stabs it in the head (dodge=3-1, damage=1) piercing it through and killing it instantly. He pulls his dagger out, looks at it in disgust, and goes to wipe it off on something that isn't his toga.

Zombie E sees Zombie B tearing half the player characters into small, edible pieces and charges at it.
1. Zombie B sees Zombie E and charges before B can get a hit in (dodge=3-1, damage=5) biting at it a bit but not really doing any damage.

The Mimic charges the stone golem.
6. It opens its jaws and charges with all its strength (dodge=5-1) but the stone golem moves out of the way and the mimic flies towards the CEO, (dodge=2) who gets hit head-on (damage=6) but quickly climbs on top of it, unharmed. The mimic instantly calms down.

The stone golem chases after the mimic.
1. The CEO orders the mimic to charge at the golem again, which it quickly does (dodge=1, damage=1-3) slamming into the golem and tearing it to pieces. The audience of goblins rises and cheers loudly.

The CEO silences the goblins with a wave of his hand and orders them to attack Akroma, which they do obediently.
6. They pour out of their seats at Akroma, (dodge=2) quickly overcoming her defenses (damage=5) but she manages to stay unharmed.

The younger monk charges at goblin zombie D, both knives drawn.
3. He makes a weak cut at it (-1 damage), (dodge=1-1, damage=3-1+1) cutting it a bit. It seems unaffected by the wounds. He stabs at it again (dodge=1-1+1, damage=1-1+1) stabbing it through the eye socket, killing it.

The older monk sees that goblin zombie B is an all-powerful killing machine and charges towards it.
1. The monk trips and the zombie takes the opportunity to bite at him (dodge=1) gnawing on him sickeningly. (damage=5-1) But the monk manages to pull away from the zombie before it can do any significant damage.

Zombie E snaps out of Mulch's control and gazes hungrily at the group.

Status
Spoiler: This is pretty long (click to show/hide)

Artifacts
Spoiler: Fortuna Aurea (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Vibgyor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ongongngukak (click to show/hide)

Locations
The First Floor: A lavishly decorated temple to the god Ecid. Monks are walking around busily. The monks are suspicious of you, so all characters on this floor get -1 to stealing.
The Second Floor: A dense jungle filled with many slightly hostile plants and animals. There is a small stone temple somewhere among the trees. The stairway to the next level has been revealed in a tall tree.
The Third Floor: What appears to be an office building, filled with all sorts of office stuff including computers, but there is no sign of electricity except the eerie fluorescent lights.
Spoiler: sub-areas (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 10:10:16 pm by penguinofhonor »

namad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Penguinofhonor's Roll to Dodge ROUND 2 Turn 16
« Reply #1034 on: November 30, 2008, 04:38:45 pm »

hey is there a waitlist to join the game and/or your following game or something? and if so can i join said waitlist?

i realize i have no posts but i've been on irc nearly everyday for over a year ... i just never realized anything fun was being done with the forum
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 108