Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 108

Author Topic: Penguinofhonor's RTD ROUND 2 Turn 31.5 Help update the statuses! (12/15)  (Read 141866 times)

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Penguinofhonor's Roll to Dodge ROUND 2
« Reply #990 on: November 26, 2008, 06:17:56 pm »

*Take out chainsaw on Jackrabbit for givening false hope only 2 since *

what does that sentence mean?

omagaalpha

• Bay Watcher
  • positve infinite
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: November 26, 2008, 06:36:20 pm »

roll and tell me the number and I tell you :D
Quote from: Jetsquirrel
Announce that i saw the whole creation of hte universe! and hold the monolith again
|The monolith is alive! And seemingly annoyed by your hugs. Or maybe static electricity of some kind that for some reason didn’t hit you last time.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: November 26, 2008, 06:43:28 pm »

:(.

omagaalpha

• Bay Watcher
  • positve infinite
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: November 26, 2008, 07:17:26 pm »

You learned "only 2 since " should not be there and that he want to add that he was not expecting it to be post yet.
Quote from: Jetsquirrel
Announce that i saw the whole creation of hte universe! and hold the monolith again
|The monolith is alive! And seemingly annoyed by your hugs. Or maybe static electricity of some kind that for some reason didn’t hit you last time.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: November 26, 2008, 07:49:16 pm »

ah.

wehtamjd92

• Bay Watcher
  • Gorram reavers.
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: November 26, 2008, 10:19:59 pm »

Well penguin en excellent piece of work almost as god as the poem you wrote about my mom but i am enjoying it so if you plan to start another one tell me
It takes someone special to put the laughter back in slaughter.

What did you all go and order a dead guy for?

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: November 26, 2008, 10:24:08 pm »

A poem about your mom? Oh god. Don't. Don't go around making "your mom" references. Ever. wrong forum

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: November 26, 2008, 11:36:11 pm »

No, Jackrabbit, I know wehtam in real life. Let's just say that his mom's cooking deserves any poetry written about it.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: November 27, 2008, 12:42:35 am »

Well thank God. I was worried. I know some people that- ugh. Sorry wehtamjd.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: November 27, 2008, 03:29:19 pm »

Bah, I am obnoxiously slow. I just need to do Sean's mutations (running out of ideas) and the NPC actions and the statuses (boring). Tomorrow I'll have this out. Maybe today but I have to do thanksgiving stuff soon.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: November 27, 2008, 03:36:42 pm »

how about electricity, from the lighting.

wehtamjd92

• Bay Watcher
  • Gorram reavers.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: November 28, 2008, 06:03:31 pm »

my moms cooking is pretty fantastic but penguin if you need ideas call/text/email ill help you come up with some mutations are my specialty
It takes someone special to put the laughter back in slaughter.

What did you all go and order a dead guy for?

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: November 28, 2008, 06:31:59 pm »

New rule (inspired by Poltifar): You can influence what kinds of upgrades your powers get, i.e. multiple targets or longer range. Everyone's will develop about the same until they get "super strong"; after that level they'll start branching out.
Another new rule: If you have x-manipulation powers, summoning, necromancy, or anything that would let you have minions, you can still create minions. You can summon some that aren't under your control, though they may be hostile. You can also control some as puppets, meaning that you have to concentrate to keep them going as they aren't doing it themselves. This means that you'll have to do a concentration roll every turn to keep them going and will have a -1 to other thought rolls. If you have multiple ones, then you get -2 to all non-minion c rolls and -1 to minion concentration rolls. The penalties keep increasing like that. Penalties or bonuses to thought apply to concentration rolls.
When looking through the language files, I discovered that "kagus" is the goblin word for "crazy".

Turn 15
For my action, I train my alchemy on simple objects, whetever is available. I preferably try to improve my long-range alchemy (or train long-range alchemy if I can't alchmize from afar already).
3. You train your alchemy but only manage to get a little experience out of it. Still, it was enough to increase your alchemy powers (optional +1 alchemy that causes a negative alchemical mutation).

I practice some more with my flail, that fight was pathetic.  :(
2. You try to practice with your flail, but can't manage to learn anything useful.

If player or allies still need to be heal the I heal that player or Allies.
You're not going to get rid of the -1 movement because you're already a tank. +2 defense means you're rarely going to get hurt.
2+1. You run over to the computer room and heal the head monk's broken arm. He thanks you.

I try to find the artifact as quickly as possible.
I thank Omega and follow the goblins as fast as possible, yelling at the others to follow me and that we have them on the ropes etc.
Open the chest,grab whatever is inside.
1. I go find shadowdump.
Akroma: 2
Jetman: 5
Devath: 1
Shadowdump: 5
Jetman runs after the goblins, charging into Hallway A and opening one of the doors. Akroma and Devath try to follow him, but Akroma trips and falls on top of Devath. (damage=5) Luckily Devath is unharmed.
Jetman walks into the room and looks around. It's a male goblins' bathroom. He walks out into the hallway and tries another door, seeing a female goblins' bathroom. He then looks at the final door at the end of the hallway and charges toward it, sure that he's got the right one.
And he does. He opens the door, revealing a room filled with dozens of goblins. (luck=3) One or two notice him, but a very important-looking goblin is giving a speech and it seems they don't want to anger him. He's wearing an incredibly fancy suit, with patterns of gold and giant cave spider silk on it. The suit seems to glow in the light.
The door Jetman sees this through is on the opposite side of the room from the goblin, and behind the goblin is an important-looking, fancily engraved and decorated door. Jetman quickly backs out of the room as to avoid further notice.
Shadowdump walks up to the chest and opens it. He sees that the inside is decorated with teeth made of various expensive materials, but all Shadowdump pays attention to is the empty suit-hanger dangling from the top of the lid and the plaque reading "Ongongngukak".
It is at that moment that the chest decides to attack Shadowdump, revealing itself to be a huge mimic (Natural Stats: +2 attack, +1 defense, -1 dodge, +1 magic resistance, immune to pain, immune to bleeding), and tries to bite Shadowdump. (dodge=4) Shadowdump manages to get away from the mimic, but its roars threaten to alert the goblins.

If grabbing another potion is a free action, I do so (in case something goes wrong again), and in the meantime try again to look around in search of any magic occurences on the floor.
You run into the break room and grab a dose of the potion.
3. Looking around, all you see is a magical glow somewhere beyond the end of Hallway A.
4. The water from your joints spreads to other parts of your body, giving you a couple extra joints on each limb (-1 defense, +1 movement).
2. The silver plating on your hands disappears.

How much experience will I need to affect multiple targets?
I make one(or two) of the goblins fall through the roof.
What roof? I hope you're not talking about the magically impenetrable one. What goblins? The ones that aren't anywhere near you?
You'll need to get to incredibly strong gravity manipulation powers before you'll get to have multiple targets. And then you'll be able to influence and choose how your powers develop, so you can master gravity manipulation on multiple targets if you want. So you'll just train for now.
4. You practice on some objects and gain a decent amount of experience.

I practice with my quarterstaff.
3. You practice a little and manage to become a dabbling staff-user. What do they call those people?

In any case for this next turn, I'll take one of the healing potions (free action), and work on my swordmanship.
You walk into the break room and grab a healing potion.
3. You manage to gain a little experience from practicing, but not enough to gain any more bonuses.

I use the stone to encase one of the dead goblins with stone like a second skin.
Well, the walls are made of normal building wall stuff (though don't try to break through them, as that won't work). That includes drywall, which has gypsum in it. So theoretically you can use earth manipulation on it, though the rock has the consistency of crumbly chalk.
6. You try to draw off a bit of gypsum from some of the walls onto one of the dead goblins, but your stone golem walks up and sends a burst of earth manipulation towards the wall you're manipulating, causing it to go out of your control. A shockwave ripples across the wall and your golem steps into the center of it, glowing with earth magic. It disappears into the wall.
You now have strong earth manipulation powers (+1 to earth manipulation).
Your ring turns blue and grants you water manipulation powers.

Wiping my scalpel on my toga, I heal the head monk. If he's somehow already healed I dissect a goblin for practice.
2+1. You walk into the computer room and heal the head monk, and heal his leg. He thanks you and picks up his quarterstaff.

I switch the amulet to the first form and train my mimicking powers.
The amulet flashes and returns to its horseshoe shape.
3-1. You try to train your mimic magic, but can't manage to do much.

meh, the elephant is too mutch work. I try to animate the nearest mostly complete dead goblin.
6+2. You send out a wave of necromantic magic, reviving many zombie goblins. You call them to your side and only one of them comes. You realize that you've summoned more than you can control. Looking around, you count five goblin zombies besides your own.

Event roll!
6. The stone golem bursts out of the wall in the artifact room. Shadowdump turns around to see it, hugely increased in size by hardened gypsum it collected on its journey through the walls.
The problem is that the golem is standing in front of a gaping hole, through which Shadowdump sees a huge group of goblins, including the head goblin, wearing what he assumes is Ongongngukak.

The goblin CEO turns around and sees what's going on in the artifact room, quickly formulating a plan in his head. Some goblins are angered, some afraid, and some amused. The head monk enters the meeting room and sees the newly summoned zombies, which turn and moan at people. Mulch's elephant deteriorates a bit more. Various people's animal pets chirp/squeak/bark/etc nervously, wondering why their masters have almost completely neglected them.

Status
Spoiler: This is pretty long (click to show/hide)

Artifacts
Spoiler: Fortuna Aurea (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Vibgyor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ongongngukak (click to show/hide)

Locations
The First Floor: A lavishly decorated temple to the god Ecid. Monks are walking around busily. The monks are suspicious of you, so all characters on this floor get -1 to stealing.
The Second Floor: A dense jungle filled with many slightly hostile plants and animals. There is a small stone temple somewhere among the trees. The stairway to the next level has been revealed in a tall tree.
The Third Floor: What appears to be an office building, filled with all sorts of office stuff including computers, but there is no sign of electricity except the eerie fluorescent lights.
Spoiler: sub-areas (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 01:09:46 am by penguinofhonor »

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Penguinofhonor's Roll to Dodge ROUND 2 (HEY I UPDATED FOR ONCE)
« Reply #1003 on: November 28, 2008, 06:42:19 pm »

I draw a huge sharp rock pillar from the wall and into the brain of one of the goblins Mulch isn't controling.

(sorry if my golem goes haywire, I'll deal with him later!)

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Penguinofhonor's Roll to Dodge ROUND 2 (HEY I UPDATED FOR ONCE)
« Reply #1004 on: November 28, 2008, 06:50:32 pm »

Teleport self,meeting room,NOW. :o

Maybe use a little electricity manipulation to create a shockwave on my way out if I can fit it in.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 108