Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 108

Author Topic: Penguinofhonor's RTD ROUND 2 Turn 31.5 Help update the statuses! (12/15)  (Read 142051 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Penguinofhonor's Roll to Dodge ROUND 2
« Reply #885 on: November 14, 2008, 04:25:33 pm »

How's the next turn coming along?
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: November 15, 2008, 01:23:43 am »

More enemies and fewer allies. Now I'm just on statuses. I'll get this out soon, then it's off to bed because it's 1:23AM here.

Remember what I said about lawyers.

Mulch Diggums

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hey urist! I think that cat is having a seizure!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: November 15, 2008, 01:25:12 am »

Oh god no, am I geting sued?! NOooooo
ooooo! Swamp wiskey! Yeah!!

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: November 15, 2008, 02:04:45 am »

School is overwhelming sometimes. Internet stuff comes after vital schoolwork.

Wooty, I'm making your makeshift weaponmaking skill into normal weaponmaking skill since I realized that there won't be that many weapons made in this tower that aren't made by makeshift means.

Also, I'm changing the skill system to match that of dwarf fortress because I'm too lazy to make up another set of adjectives. But I took some out, so don't think you're fine because you have the system memorized.

Turn 12

I crawl over to goblin D's corpse, carving out one of his ribs or other suitable shaped bones and replacing my broken one.
I am a healer >:O
5. You grab a rib out of the corpse and replace your current missing rib with it. You stitch it up pretty well and are only lightly bleeding.

I'll just practice yoga.
Yoga mastery isn't really a skill you can train, since that would result in people getting huge speed and dodge bonuses eventually. To make it fair I would have to make enemies with huge accuracy bonuses that would slaughter all the non-bonused players.
Sorry for not telling you earlier. Instead you'll try to find/make a sword in the forest.
6. You can't find a sword, but you find a good tree and begin carving a weapon out of it. You find that the wood is very soft, but very easily manipulated and carved to exactly how you want it. You create a softwood razor-sword (+4 diminishing damage). Basically it goes down every time you use it, stopping at zero.
I'll stick it in the "game mechanics" section of the rules post when I get around to making that.

Anyway, I try to step out of the way and heal wooty if possible.  If not, I'll practice curb-stomping on that goblin that tried to use me as a projectile.  Despite the lack of curb to stomp him against.
Since he's almost completely healed, you'll just attack the goblin.
2. You look at the pitiful goblin and decide not to attack it. It then shouts out a string of violent curses against your mother and you get mad at it again.

oops. sorry. I must have missed that. anyhow, does control over earth give me control over rock and steel (being from the earth originally?) if so I practice my control over earth.
Yes over rock, but no for metal that's already been extracted from the earth. Not sure what would govern that. Huh, I think I'll let you combine schools into more detailed schools if you get skilled enough, which would start out at a higher level. Metal manipulation could be one.
6. You raise a spike of earth into the ceiling that bursts through it, but the ceiling seals up immediately after. It emerges in the meeting room and hits (luck=4) Goblin E (dodge=3) who dodges enough to get any vital organs out of the way, (damage=2) but gets his arm heavily bruised.
The floor is restored, though there is now a patch of missing carpet. There is also a large rock in the middle of the room.
You now have earth manipulation powers. Your ring glows green and gives you plant manipulation.

I look around for something that could be used as a weapon
5. You look around and see an umbrella. Deciding that it's the best you're going to find, you run over and grab it (can open for +1 dodge, -1 damage, -1 accuracy. Opening or closing it is a free action).

Alright, I craft plastic explosives from nearby office supplies.
5. You walk find a box of office supplies, and turn some pens and other generic office stuff into dangerous explosives, being more careful this time. Sadly, you can't pick them up because your hand is full.
6. You sit the bombs down and pick up the anything-to-flesh potion, but your body absorbs the explosives and fills your bloodstream with them, altering your lymph system to pump the explosive materials. You have the ability to pump the materials into your limbs before you attack, for +2 damage, but you have to suffer a -2 defense undodgable attack. Also, horrible things will happen if you roll a 1 for a piercing or fire damage roll.
4. You absorb some steel wiring from the fridge and turn your nervous system into a series of wires and doodads, allowing your brain to process things at higher speeds and allowing you to control your pain receptors better but greatly decreasing your ability to grasp abstract or fantastic things like magic (+1 non-magic thought, -1 magic-related thought, -1 magic, immune to pain).

1. I freeze Goblin E and melt Goblin B.
Currently, you can only target one creature, taking or giving heat to or from the environment around them. Though you can expect to be able to use this on loads of enemies if you get it powerful enough. You'll just melt goblin B.
6. Goblin B looks around and notices he can see his breath, both because his mouth is boiling and because the area surrounding him begins to freeze. (damage=6) He catches on fire, but leaps out of the affected area at you while he's burning. (-1 dodge because you're concentrating, dodge=3-1) You don't notice him until it's too late, and he's all over you on fire (damage=3) but you manage to reduce the damage with pyrokinesis and you're only lightly burned. The goblin falls over, dead. You're exhausted from that magic overload (-1 magic next turn).

I make that set of high tech computer armor.
3. You manage to create a broken computer armor, but it doesn't do much but look dumb so you discard it.

I grab a computer and throw it at goblin C.
5. You grab it and chuck it at the goblin, (dodge=6) but he punches it (luck=6) sending it flying back to you even faster (-1 dodge, dodge=6-1) but you manage to easily duck under it.

In that case go back to improving my healing powers.
4. You gain some healing experience and level up your powers to super strong healing powers (-1 to rolls with a final roll of 6 unless the base roll was a six or you say you don't want to).

The goblin seems to be leaving me alone for now, so I'll go into the break room (my free action) then make Golgath a titanium staff by transmuting some table leg.
You walk into the break room.
6. You transform an entire table into pure titanium, but manage to alchemize a leg off, and lengthen it into a quarterstaff. It sparks with alchemical magic at one end. Your alchemy skill increases.

I try to find out what the amulet's new power is.
5. You focus on the amulet again and find that its new form is pretty much the opposite of its original magnet form. The amulet's form is a boring square shape that gives you +1 to rolls with a final roll of 1 and -1 to rolls with a final roll of 5 or 6.
If you haven't figured it out yet, the amulet is where I stick all the weak artifact effects.

I order my elephant to attack the goblin who broke the monks spine, and try to use my magic to make my elephant stop deteriorating
Your elephant obeys and prepares to attack.
1+1. You focus your magic on the elephant, but can't manage to improve it much, possibly because this is the first time you've really tried to use necromancy positively.

I go practice making a cup fall upwards(basically, I practice gravity manipulation)
4. You practice gravity manipulation and manage to get the cup to fall to the ceiling and stay there for a bit. Your gravity powers increase a level.

I attempt to strangle Goblin F by kicking it directly in the larnyx and holding my foot there.
1. You walk over to Goblin F and prepare to kill it like Golgath didn't, but you're interrupted by...

Goblin C, who sneaks up behind you (+1 accuracy) and punches you in the back of the head.
5. He throws a punch that would make a boxing coach proud, (dodge=2) and hits you right in the back of the head (damage=2) giving you bruises and moderate brain damage (-1 thought, -1 magic, -1 charisma).

Goblin A fights the gravity and tries to attack Akroma.
2. He remains pinned to the wall, and slumps against it. He falls to the ground as the gravity manipulation fades away, and stands up quickly to preserve his image. Not looking like a pansy is important among goblins, but these ones seem to be failing at that.

Mulch's elephant charges at Goblin A, since Goblin B is dead.
5. It looks very formidable: a rotting, almost unidentifiable, huge beast with chunks of flesh falling off as it runs at top speed towards the goblin, who's now more yellow than green. (dodge=5-1) It still manages to jump out of the way just in time.
The elephant zombie rots further (-1 attack). One more turn and its flesh will fall off, along with any rotting penalties. Though it will continue to degrade, because this is magic.

Goblin E punches the young monk while he's down.
4. He sends a decent punch in the monk's direction, (dodge=1-2, damage=5) hitting the monk in the back, but not damaging him much more.

Goblin H kicks the head monk, as all goblins favor injured opponents.
4. The head monk sees as the goblin starts to kick him, (dodge=3) and manages to make it mostly out of the way (defense+1, defense=1+1) but the goblin still manages to break his leg with the kick (-1 movement, -1 dodge).

The younger monk tries to learn healing despite his pain.
3-1=2. He can't learn anything with the horrible pain. He cries out for help.

The elder monk uses his one good arm to smack goblin H with the quarterstaff.
1. Goblin H interrupts him with a punch to the ribs (dodge=1-1, damage=2-1) breaking his ribs and sending rib fragments into his various vital organs. The monk drops dead from massive internal bleeding.

Event roll: 1. Two goblin lawyers, dressed in various expensive suits, charge into the meeting room from Hallway A and see the carnage. They prepare for battle.

Sean, your bleeding turns heavy. Frelock, yours heals. Yours too, Qwerty.

Status
Spoiler: This is pretty long (click to show/hide)

Artifacts
Spoiler: Fortuna Aurea (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Vibgyor (click to show/hide)

Locations
The First Floor: A lavishly decorated temple to the god Ecid. Monks are walking around busily. The monks are suspicious of you, so all characters on this floor get -1 to stealing.
The Second Floor: A dense jungle filled with many slightly hostile plants and animals. There is a small stone temple somewhere among the trees. The stairway to the next level has been revealed in a tall tree.
The Third Floor: What appears to be an office building, filled with all sorts of office stuff including computers, but there is no sign of electricity except the eerie fluorescent lights.
Spoiler: sub-areas (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 12:26:28 am by penguinofhonor »

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: November 15, 2008, 02:10:56 am »

I take the staff from Poltifar if A:He wants to and B: If it is a free action. 
If it is a free action, I resurrect the head monk, or if it isn't possible, heal Jetman.

Better hope I don't roll a one..
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 03:18:27 pm by Golgath »
I fully endorse the idea of mountain goats that hunt man.

Mulch Diggums

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: November 15, 2008, 02:15:54 am »

I insult the goblins in any way I can (free action :D ) and fuse the dead goblins body with my elephant in hopes of making my elephant stop deteriorating. By the way, what will happen to my elephant if he keeps deteriorating? Will it die?
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 03:25:46 am by Mulch Diggums »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: November 15, 2008, 02:22:14 am »

I feel like I'm turning into Robocop. :P

I brew a potion of greater healing from any nearby liquid the anything-to-flesh potion, and quaff it.

Also,
"A spoooooky Cease and Desist!"
"Aren't you a violation of a certain fantasy author's intellectual property?!?"
Don't underestimate lawyers. :)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 02:24:47 am by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: November 15, 2008, 02:33:51 am »

I uppercut goblin C, as he is very annoying.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: November 15, 2008, 02:49:00 am »

Ignore me, I just want this to turn up in my 'new replies' list.

Great thread, btw.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: November 15, 2008, 02:51:14 am »

I and my golem wander up the stairs (I'm sure thats free. If not, tell me). Once there I turn goblin A into rock, thus welding him to the stone and creating a cool dead goblin statue thingy.

Mulch Diggums

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: November 15, 2008, 02:52:51 am »

You know, when all this is over I do hope to turn all these bodys into minons, stop making it harder for me =[

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: November 15, 2008, 03:15:31 am »

whats wrong with a guy wanting a dead rock goblin slave?

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: November 15, 2008, 03:43:01 am »

I try to find something sharp and pointy, and somehow attach it to the tip of the umbrella
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Devath

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Insane Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: November 15, 2008, 03:47:37 am »

Uhh... penguin, theres an error. Goblin B is dead after my roll, and attacks things and is attacked after my roll. Fix.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup." - Unknown

Mulch Diggums

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: November 15, 2008, 03:50:53 am »

More necromanic materials..I like.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 108