Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 108

Author Topic: Penguinofhonor's RTD ROUND 2 Turn 31.5 Help update the statuses! (12/15)  (Read 142060 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: Penguinofhonor's Roll to Dodge ROUND 2
« Reply #855 on: November 12, 2008, 04:44:50 pm »

Okay, powers will be that number to get to that level, which is why getting weak powers is so easy. Just needs 1 exp, which is what a 3 will give.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #856 on: November 12, 2008, 06:47:20 pm »

I use gravity to push the goblins against a wall, reducing their ability to get close enough to land a successful attack(I am hoping to give them a negative penalty).
If I can't affect them all, I target the strongest or least hurt one(s).
Eh?
Eh!

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: November 12, 2008, 08:10:12 pm »

What?
Afraid of killing 'em a little?

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #858 on: November 12, 2008, 08:14:41 pm »

No, I want to get to the point where I can crush them into a 1 inch diameter ball, then send it flying apart in 26 diffrent directions at twice the speed of sound, while missing every ally.

So, I practice, waiting for the day(turn?).
Eh?
Eh!

Wooty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: November 12, 2008, 08:17:13 pm »

Cursing angrily, I use some of the leftover wood from the table and table leg to replace my broken rib with a wooden one.
Quote from: Toady One
It's important to wear lots of face paint while you program. And you can type with your long Gene Simmons tongue.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: November 12, 2008, 11:34:52 pm »

Turn 11

I try to reverse my resurrection magic and tear the lifeforce of the goblin out of its filthy, heathen body.  If possible, I augment my own strength and stamina with it.
EDIT: For the sake of obviousness, I mean goblin C who is the current threat.
I, being a nice chap, channel (using magic) the powers of resurrection into Golgath to augment his powers. Also, I chat to the Golem about how it is being a Golem (thats free right? If not, scratch that)
Jackrabbit, autofail because you're doing it over a long range when your abilities do not allow you to do so. As I said in the rules.
Golgath: 1
You prepare to use magic on the goblin but it charges you before you can do anything. (dodge=4) You sidestep its attack and it misses you.
Jackrabbit chats with his golem, (char=2) which stares at him with cold, golemy indifference.
Vibgyor turns into a mottled rainbow of colors, giving self-transformation powers to Jackrabbit.

I order my elephant to let itself be a sparring partner for who ever wants to practice (free action?) and walk up the stairs
Your elephant agrees, and you both walk up the stairs. It deteriorates some more (-1 defense).

Well shoot.  I run down the stairs back to that bin of swords and pick one up (+1 for movement this turn from yoga master, right?).  If anyone tries to stop me, I tell them goblins are attacking from upstairs (technically not true, as we are attacking them), and we need to fight them off before they descend to kill off all the unarmed pilgrims.
2+1-1. You can't get downstairs because when you start down the stairs, you notice that the monks glare at you and guard their stuff. You decide you're better off getting something from Wooty and turn around.
Also, stop trying to weave two actions into one just to sneak in a bonus. I'm going to start saying that anything I perceive as two actions sneakily combined will receive no bonuses if you keep it up.

hmm, I can't fight that many at once....

I try to imitate the sound of a goblin coffe break bell. The moment they hear it, they should think "oh meh, it's my break, I won't fight, I will get me some cofee"
2. You make a bell-like sound, but none of the goblins are convinced. Besides, they probably go and beat innocent people up during their break, so this wouldn't be much different.

I transmute the coffee in any full coffee cup I can find into trinitroglycerine. If there are no full ones, I transmute the coffee in the coffee machine.
6+1=6. You walk into the break room and transmute all the coffee in the vending machine into nitroglycerin (that's how we spell it in america), but overdo it, causing it to immediately explode!
(sean dodge=2+1, golgath dodge=5, goblin F dodge=2) Fiery explosion and shards of coffee machine fill the room, but Golgath ducks behind goblin F, who gets hit by a full blast. Sean managed to cover himself a little.
(sean damage=5, goblin F damage=4) Goblin F is burned, but Sean managed to come out relatively unscathed. The furniture in the room is tossed about and burned a bit.
5. Small plates of iron cover your skin in strategic areas, covering your blind spots (puts off the swarm attack for one more enemy).
4. Your body absorbs your golden sword and transforms your left hand into a large scythe-claw (+1 attack, cannot hold items in that hand).

I run over, yell at Shadowdump to help the others, and attempt to break Goblin F's arm (With an armlock, making it unarmed combat)
You enter the break room, shouting at shadowdump to help fight.
1. You charge at goblin F, but she grabs Golgath and throws him at you. (dodge=3, damage=6) He hits you, but you grab him, spin him around, and smack the goblin with him (dodge=5), but it dodges with ease and Golgath goes flying, (luck=6) but grabs onto the goblin before he gets too far away and slams it down on the floor, (damage=1) breaking its spine (-2 movement, -2 dodge, -1 accuracy, -1 thought from pain).

I yell."Be in a moment"
I use my teleportation powers to re-arrange goblin G's vital organs.
You respond that you're a bit busy with one of your own goblins.
6. You focus your teleportation powers on the goblin, and it implodes as all its internal organs are teleported out of it. You feel strange, and, after a brief check of your body and what organs are scattered about, find that you now have two hearts (+1 to bleeding survival rolls).
Your teleportation powers level up.

I swing at goblin A. I also say "Damn goblin lawyers..."
The goblins blink and look at you as you say it, as if you've said something horribly dangerous.
5. They're interrupted from their shock as you punch goblin A in the face, (dodge=3, damage=6) but he bites your fist, cutting it, and you back off.

I change the amulet's shape and go up the stairs.
The amulet changes into a plus shape, glowing green then red.
5. You walk up the stairs, and your amulet glows a dull brown as you reach the third floor. You sense another power. Your armadillo follows you up.

I practice with elephant to help gain my fighting skills better.
2. The elephant ignores you and walks up the stairs after Mulch.

I use gravity to push the goblins against a wall, reducing their ability to get close enough to land a successful attack(I am hoping to give them a negative penalty).
If I can't affect them all, I target the strongest or least hurt one(s).
You see that goblin A attacked chaoticag, so you target it.
4. You push it against a wall (-1 accuracy, -1 dodge for one turn)

Cursing angrily, I use some of the leftover wood from the table and table leg to replace my broken rib with a wooden one.
2. You try to make a makeshift rib out of the table, but can't manage because you're interrupted by your pain. You decide that getting a healer on that would be a good idea.

Since I can't transmute living things without getting a penalty, I instead transmute the nearest goblin's cloths into lead (with no joints, so he can't move and its very heavy too :P)
4. You transform Goblin C's clothes into lead (-1 movement, -1 dodge).

3aa. If hostiles are not dead, I try a different approach.
1. You are about to attack a goblin, but are interrupted by goblin B's fist. (dodge=4) You manage to sidestep it, but...

Goblin B charges at Devath again.
2. Devath trips him as he charges, and laughs.

Goblin A shouts for more help.
2. His shouts are unanswered.

Goblin C attacks Devath, continuing the goblin tradition of getting cheap blows in on an opponent through unfair tactics.
4. He sends a decent punch into Devath's back, (dodge=4-1) and devath gets hit, but nowhere dangerous, (damage=3) but is bruised anyways.

Goblin E also continues the tradition, aiming his foot at Devath's head.
5. The kick flies straight at Devath's face, (dodge=5-2) and Devath loses his smile at tripping goblin B as the kick connects with his nose, (damage=3) bruising it as well.

Goblin F attacks Golgath for using him as a shield.
4. He scratches at Devath's face, (dodge=5) but Golgath just backs up and the goblin stumbles embarrassingly.

The apprentice monk tells the older monk to go in another room and explore some more, and attacks goblin B, continuing the monk tradition of killing filthy goblins.
1. Goblin B easily counters and kicks him, (dodge=1, damage=2-1) snapping his spine and a couple ribs (-2 movement, -2 dodge, -1 accuracy, -1 thought from pain). Goblin B laughs over his crippled body.

The elder monk hears the younger monk but does not see him, and rushes into the computer room. He opens the door.
5. He opens it and sees (luck=3) a hallway with a goblin in it (goblin H). There is a door at the end of the hallway.

Goblin H attacks the monk, charging into the computer room.
3. He punches the monk in the arm, (dodge=3, damage=1) breaking it. The monk loses the ability to attack effectively with his quarterstaff effectively (no bonuses) and cries out in pain.

The earth golem tries to absorb rocks out of the ground.
4. He absorbs them and gains weak rock covering (+1 defense against blunt and slash).

Status
Spoiler: This is pretty long (click to show/hide)

Artifacts
Spoiler: Fortuna Aurea (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Vibgyor (click to show/hide)

Locations
The First Floor: A lavishly decorated temple to the god Ecid. Monks are walking around busily. The monks are suspicious of you, so all characters on this floor get -1 to stealing.
The Second Floor: A dense jungle filled with many slightly hostile plants and animals. There is a small stone temple somewhere among the trees. The stairway to the next level has been revealed in a tall tree.
The Third Floor: What appears to be an office building, filled with all sorts of office stuff including computers, but there is no sign of electricity except the eerie fluorescent lights.
Spoiler: sub-areas (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 01:44:30 am by penguinofhonor »

Wooty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: November 13, 2008, 12:18:24 am »

I crawl over to goblin D's corpse, carving out one of his ribs or other suitable shaped bones and replacing my broken one.
I am a healer >:O
Quote from: Toady One
It's important to wear lots of face paint while you program. And you can type with your long Gene Simmons tongue.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: November 13, 2008, 12:20:55 am »

Also, stop trying to weave two actions into one just to sneak in a bonus. I'm going to start saying that anything I perceive as two actions sneakily combined will receive no bonuses if you keep it up.

Sorry about that.  I was going for my main action to be running to the bin (hence the bonus), my free action picking up a sword, and the rest was just meant to be RP in case you wanted to explain why they let me take one.  Looking back, I guess it did sound like two actions (I was really rushed when I wrote that).  And I suppose the swords didn't belong to me, so technically it would be stealing (which I probably need a roll for).  I'll try to keep it simple in the future.  And I'm also sorry about pointing out the bonus.  I suppose I'm slightly worried that, with so many people, you'd forget.  I'll have more faith in you in the future.

On a different note, you said that a 3 gives you 1 exp; what do 4's, 5's, and 6's give?

Action:
I'll just practice yoga.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 12:36:11 am by Frelock »
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: November 13, 2008, 12:45:14 am »

I change my mind, my rolls are all awesome when they are for stuff I don't ask for.  Anyway, I try to step out of the way and heal wooty if possible.  If not, I'll practice curb-stomping on that goblin that tried to use me as a projectile.  Despite the lack of curb to stomp him against.
I fully endorse the idea of mountain goats that hunt man.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: November 13, 2008, 12:47:53 am »

oops. sorry. I must have missed that. anyhow, does control over earth give me control over rock and steel (being from the earth originally?) if so I practice my control over earth.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: November 13, 2008, 01:14:46 am »

I look around for something that could be used as a weapon
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: November 13, 2008, 01:24:55 am »

Alright, I craft plastic explosives from nearby office supplies.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: November 13, 2008, 01:44:28 am »

Alright, I craft plastic explosives from nearby office supplies.

Did you read my action post?  I was wondering if you would be able to make me a titanium quarterstaff for goblin smashing, if you have the time.  I also have other ideas if such an object comes into play, but those can wait.
I fully endorse the idea of mountain goats that hunt man.

Devath

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Insane Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: November 13, 2008, 01:48:58 am »

I sense... something. Maybe someone doesn't like my recent behavior? I dunno.

1. I freeze Goblin E and melt Goblin B.
2a. I practice pyrokinesis on the remaining goblins, if any.
2b. If none, I search for the artifact, or take it, if it is in plain sight.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup." - Unknown

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: November 13, 2008, 02:07:16 am »

Golgath, I'll work on that when we have resolved our immediate problems. You could try to dual-wield computer monitors (I assume they're CRT?) in the meantime.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 108