Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 108

Author Topic: Penguinofhonor's RTD ROUND 2 Turn 31.5 Help update the statuses! (12/15)  (Read 142092 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Penguinofhonor's Roll to Dodge ROUND 2
« Reply #825 on: November 11, 2008, 11:23:35 am »

Walking somewhere nearby, talking without an implied action or command, and routinely picking something up (i.e. when it does not require wrenching it out of someone's dead hand) should be "free" actions.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: November 11, 2008, 11:52:35 am »

Thankee-you.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: November 11, 2008, 11:59:41 am »

I agree
me high-fiving the monk was nothing but a cheering about my success in the previous round, and my action was OBVIOUSLY stealing the ring.

oh come on...
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: November 11, 2008, 03:29:39 pm »

You have no powers.

I have the ring and a giant bodyguard who, whilst unpredictable, is a nasty bastard. Watch it. mwahahahahah!

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: November 11, 2008, 06:07:04 pm »

Akroma, the result of that action would not have been affected no matter what the action was. If you want it then I'll change it right now from "you got attacked when you were about to high-five the monk" to "you got attacked when you were about to steal the ring". So stop whining about it.

And about this free action thing, I have an idea about it and I want to see how you guys like it because I love you that much.

We know what should constitute these free actions: picking things up and RP stuff like talking to people without intentions to gain things from them. I'd say that you're only allowed to have one per turn, to stop people from picking every object in a room up or having obnoxiously long RP talking stuff.

Now, picking things up would only count if it didn't involve taking an object from someone against their will (if they say in their post that they're giving it to you and you say that you're taking it then it's a free action) or searching for an object. If multiple people want to pick something up then I'll roll to see who get it, from the highest roll.

Talking to people would only count as a free action if you're simply RP-ing or if you only want information, and I'd roll to see how responsive they are to you (charisma helps lots here). Talking to someone for skills or for items only counts as a full action.

I'd think that changing the amulet would be a free action, to be nice to Cyx. Other actions could be as well, on a case-by-case basis since I don't know everything that you guys will do. And some actions you think would be free might not be for whatever reason, but it should be clear 99% of the time.

Other than rolling to see who gets an item or doing a charisma roll, free actions would be auto-successes because they're minor actions without much of an effect.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: November 11, 2008, 07:46:12 pm »

I like that, so I can give my ring to Golgath and if he wants to take it it's free?

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: November 11, 2008, 08:16:17 pm »

Yeah. Giving and taking is free for both people, but they can't do any other free things.

Hey, this system allows for some nice new powers, skills, and stuff. *begins plotting*

I'm adding it in now, but don't use it now because I want to give everyone a chance to, not just the people who get on before I post the round. I'll update the rules post soon.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: November 11, 2008, 11:49:55 pm »

Rules post updated. I really like this rules post thing. It really keeps this from becoming so chaotic that it gets bad.

I forgot that walking to an adjacent room on the same floor is a free action.

Also, Mulch's minions will become hostile if taken away from their master, so you better either teleport mulch with his minions or get him up there pretty fast before/after them. Or he needs to train until he gets the power to distantly control his minions.

I'm going to list out the names of the levels of powers now, mostly so I can remember them.

Turn 10

I start checking computers for information,using my electrical powers to give each one functionality.
4. You zap a few computers with electricity, giving them enough power for you to see that they all have a log-in screen (in goblin). You stop, frustrated, and the computers die again.

Okay, now I will try to improve on my resurrection skills, since people won't wander off to another level, and it doesn't seem to be particularly dangerous.
1. You pace, deep in thought on how to improve your skills, when you trip and fall onto some electricity that Shadowdump is using! (dodge=6) You do a flip and fly through a door with excess momentum, opening it and entering (luck=5) a room devoid of life. Looking around, you see a couple chairs, a water cooler, a mini-fridge, and a coffee machine on a table. There is a stack of paper cups on the table with a logo of a chibi goblin head and some goblin writing. There is one other door, across the room from you.

I instead try to use my necromanic magic on the dead elephant and see what happens (heres hoping for a monster for me to command!)
1+2=3. You zap the corpse of the normal elephant with necromantic magic, and it slowly rises, burning its flesh with black fire to fuel its undeath.
Basically you've done some inefficient necromancy. The elephant will die in a few turns, but, hey, it's better than nothing.

well then, I open the first door to my right
5. You open the only unopened door in the room and see (luck=2) a hallway, with five goblins walking through it, wearing work clothes and carrying various office equipment. They all notice you and drop their supplies, preparing to fight.
On the other end of the hallway is a doorway, closed. There are two other doorways in the hallway, opened, but not enough that you can see through them.

Well, since healing didn't work, I'll try getting some better sword skills.
6. You go into a martial trance and rip trees up all over the forest, destroying many. When you come out of it, you remember it and gain a level in swordsmanship (+1 accuracy while using swords). Looking down, you see that your sword has been completely destroyed by your overuse of it.

Anyways. I look around with my nifty eyes, searching for magic, traps, and incoming aircraft (this is an office building, right?).
Yeah, but I'm not going to make a tasteless 9/11 recreation. Beware of lawyers, though.
1. You look around with your crazy eyes, but are interrupted by a pen flying from the hallway Akroma just opened (dodge=3+1), which hits you in the leg (damage=5) not doing any real damage. It might have scratched you, but that's not much compared to the spikes jutting out of your skin.
5. Your uncontrollable alchemy magic reaches around to the surrounding area and absorbs plastic, quickly creating a light, flexible plastic mesh under your skin (-1 to magic attempted on you, including positive magic).
3. You do not transform again.

I'm only practicing my control over the four elements this turn, using the ring to assist my training. Can I do that?
No, the ring gives you +1 magic, not +1 thought. There's a difference. Also, I'm not going to give you four magic powers in one turn, but you'll hopefully be fine with what you got.
5. You focus on elemental magic as your main source of magic, and declare yourself an elemental wizard (+1 to learning elemental magic, -1 to learning non-elemental magic). The penalty to learning magic doesn't apply to training non-elemental magic you already know.
The ring glows bright white and gives you resurrection powers.

I study a way to get the computers to form some sort of goblin killing robot.
3. You can't figure out anything useful, though you notice that the goblins' keyboards contain a key for ☺, which is scratched or cut on most of the keyboards, along with, to a lesser extent, the E, U, and K keys.

I improve my healling skill since they do not say super strong yet :P
4. You gain some more experience for healing, but not enough to gain a level (you're now at 2/4 experience).

After a casual glance at the surroundings (Not much surprises me after the whole jungle in a tower and stone elephant thing) I head over to the head monk, apologize that I wasn't much help in the elephant battle, and ask if he can teach me anything about combat. (Those actions are related, right?)
4. You walk up to him and ask him about combat, (char=5) and he quickly teaches you how to fight more effectively in hand-to-hand combat (+1 damage to unarmed attacks against unarmed foes).

I rip a leg off of one of the desks and sharpen it into another dagger.
6. You rip the leg off a desk, hurling the computers on the desk at the first approaching goblin (dodge=3), which hits him in the leg, (damage=6) but he kicks it back at you (dodge=2) hitting you in the chest, breaking a rib. You are in pain (-1 thought) and further rib damage can harm your internal organs. Get a healer on that.
Despite your pain, you sharpen the leg into another makeshift dagger (you now have basic makeshift weaponsmithing skills), which gives [+1 damage against unarmored opponents] when wielded. You're dual-wielding the daggers. You might want to get a backpack if you plan on doing this more.

I'll transmute a carpet (or table, whichever is closer)
1. You prepare to transmute the carpet when a goblin runs in with a flying kick aimed at your head. (dodge=2, damage=4) He kicks you in the chest, bruising it and knocking you over. You stand up shakily.

2a. If hostiles appear, I fight them with my powers
2. You strike a pose and aim a fireball at a goblin, but you can't manage to create one. You hear a goblin snicker at you.

I walk up the stairs.
3-1. You can't manage to get to the stairs through the forest.

If I don't make it in time to post a better action, I practice my skills in some generic way.
2. You can't manage to learn anything new from your meditation, probably because it was interrupted by goblins.

Goblin A kicks Poltifar again.
2. He stumbles before he can kick him, and regains his composure quickly.

Goblin B rushes in and punches Akroma.
6. He jumps up, his pointy ears brushing against the ceiling as he comes down with a powerful punch! (dodge=1-1) It hits Akroma right in the chest, (damage=6-1) but she shrugs it off.

Goblin C shouts for help.
3. Another goblin (goblin F) hears the shout and rushes through a door into the break room, closing it behind him. He sees golgath and prepares to attack.

Goblin D attacks Akroma.
4. He runs forward with a simple punch, which (dodge=5-1) she just barely sidesteps.

Goblin E attacks Akroma as well, taking advantage of her distraction.
3. He runs up and sends a weak kick in her direction (-1 damage), (dodge=3-2) which hits her in the back, (damage=5-1) bruising it.

The head monk, always a fan of fair fights, attacks goblin E for helping team up on Akroma.
6. He flies at the goblin with his quarterstaff, (dodge=3) which hits the goblin in the arm (damage=5) but the goblin isn't even bruised by the attack.

The apprentice monk, always a fan of Akroma, attacks goblin D for teaming up on her.
1. He slips as he approaches, and goblin D kicks him as he goes down, (dodge=6) but the monk jumps up, flips over his leg, and (dodge=1) stabs the goblin in the face, killing it instantly.

Event roll: 3. Another goblin enters the computer room (goblin G) and sees Shadowdump.

Status
Spoiler: This is pretty long (click to show/hide)

Artifacts
Spoiler: Fortuna Aurea (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Vibgyor (click to show/hide)

Locations
The First Floor: A lavishly decorated temple to the god Ecid. Monks are walking around busily. The monks are suspicious of you, so all characters on this floor get -1 to stealing.
The Second Floor: A dense jungle filled with many slightly hostile plants and animals. There is a small stone temple somewhere among the trees. The stairway to the next level has been revealed in a tall tree.
The Third Floor: What appears to be an office building, filled with all sorts of office stuff including computers, but there is no sign of electricity except the eerie fluorescent lights.
Spoiler: sub-areas (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 01:43:48 am by penguinofhonor »

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: November 11, 2008, 11:59:01 pm »

I'd like to vent my frustration, and make a goblin very unhappy at the same time.  Or rather, dead.

I try to reverse my resurrection magic and tear the lifeforce of the goblin out of its filthy, heathen body.  If possible, I augment my own strength and stamina with it.

Rawr.

EDIT: For the sake of obviousness, I mean goblin C who is the current threat.

Indecision strikes again: Sean, could you see about polymorphing a table leg or something into a a nice titanium quarterstaff for me?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 12:03:37 am by Golgath »
I fully endorse the idea of mountain goats that hunt man.

Mulch Diggums

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hey urist! I think that cat is having a seizure!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: November 12, 2008, 12:32:58 am »

I order my elephant to let itself be a sparring partner for who ever wants to practice (free action?) and walk up the stairs
ooooo! Swamp wiskey! Yeah!!

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: November 12, 2008, 01:03:55 am »

Well shoot.  I run down the stairs back to that bin of swords and pick one up (+1 for movement this turn from yoga master, right?).  If anyone tries to stop me, I tell them goblins are attacking from upstairs (technically not true, as we are attacking them), and we need to fight them off before they descend to kill off all the unarmed pilgrims.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: November 12, 2008, 01:07:48 am »

I, being a nice chap, channel (using magic) the powers of resurrection into Golgath to augment his powers. Also, I chat to the Golem about how it is being a Golem (thats free right? If not, scratch that)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: November 12, 2008, 01:20:23 am »

hmm, I can't fight that many at once....

I try to imitate the sound of a goblin coffe break bell. The moment they hear it, they should think "oh meh, it's my break, I won't fight, I will get me some cofee"

they are office-goblins afterall
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Mulch Diggums

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hey urist! I think that cat is having a seizure!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: November 12, 2008, 01:23:55 am »

If I were you I'd imitate their boss telling them to stop slacking, but thats a good one too I suppose.
ooooo! Swamp wiskey! Yeah!!

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: November 12, 2008, 01:25:03 am »

or fire them, or tell them your reducing there pay although they would probably kill you
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 108