Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 108

Author Topic: Penguinofhonor's RTD ROUND 2 Turn 31.5 Help update the statuses! (12/15)  (Read 142160 times)

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Penguinofhonor's Roll to Dodge ROUND 2
« Reply #795 on: November 10, 2008, 04:56:20 pm »

I meant to my earlier post, which I also referenced my action I was curious if you would be willing to give it to me for the purpose of ensuring proper resurrections, but if you plan to use it for something more important, go right ahead.

ah, well, if I die, taking it from me and using it to resurrect me is fine (I assume thats one action) and I will give it to you for one turn if someone dies. But I'm not giving it to you to keep, give it back after you use because I have an army to raise!

Without any training in any specific powers, you won't be able to raise more than one minion.

A bodyguard then. also, for my turn after, I practice control over elements. all of them, the whole air, fire, water, earth thing.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 06:44:24 pm by Jackrabbit »

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: November 10, 2008, 05:55:31 pm »

So I think there have been about ten threes this round.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: November 10, 2008, 06:12:25 pm »

Do you use a program,or a real physical die?

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: November 10, 2008, 06:27:23 pm »

I use this, because I have a habit of losing real dice.

The abundance of threes was helped by the fact that Sean turned all twos having to do with climbing up to the third floor into threes, doubling the odds that we'd have threes.

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: November 10, 2008, 09:35:45 pm »

Clearly, if I cannot have a five, everyone must have twos or threes.  It makes me feel better, at least.
  ;D
I fully endorse the idea of mountain goats that hunt man.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: November 10, 2008, 09:59:56 pm »

Just on statuses. Everyone prepare for the worst.

Devath

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Insane Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: November 10, 2008, 10:42:57 pm »

The worst!?!? Oh noes!
"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup." - Unknown

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: November 10, 2008, 11:22:54 pm »

me no have earth monster? wait, don't tell me, I wanna see this for myself

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: November 10, 2008, 11:35:27 pm »

"The worst" was a bit of an exaggeration. An uneventful turn, really.

I've updated the rules post with some location stuff and some targeting stuff. It behooves you to read it, if only because I used the word "behooves".

Turn 9

Oooooooooh..I study the flesh elephants body in preperation to Bring it to undeath.
3. You stare at the elephant and prepare yourself to turn it into a zombie, but you don't do enough to get a bonus.

I suppose I'll try to better my healing skills by working on Sean's bleeding and pain.
1. You walk up to Sean, preparing to heal him, and tap him on the shoulder, breaking his focus on the stairway. Assuming that you're an enemy (although enemies don't usually tap you politely on the shoulder) he turns around and kicks at your face. (dodge=3) You move your face out of the way, but he still hits your arm, (damage=4) lightly cutting it. You are now lightly bleeding.
Sean apologizes and heads towards the stairs with several other people.

Anywho, I walk up the stairs to the next level.
I head up the stairs.
I'll let my wounds heal by themselves and ascend to the next floor.
I go up a floor, doing cartwheels and stuff so that my action is a bit more unique.
I grab a small handful of plants as I head for(and up) the stairs.
Wiping my scalpel on my toga (gotta keep that thing sanitary), I ascend to the next level.
ok, I go up to the next room.
1. I go up to the next level
I believe this wins the "largest group action" award. 8 people!
Golgath: 2+1
Jetman: 2+1
Sean: 6
Chaoticag: 2+1
Qwerty: 3
Wooty: 2+1
Poltifar: 2+1
Devath: 2+1
My god. That's a lot of threes. I'm not kidding. These were seriously the rolls. You guys are really lucky that you were just going up some stairs, because this round would have been shitty if you had tried to do anything interesting.
Most of the group is reluctant to go up the stairs, but Sean encourages them as best as he can and charges towards the stair-tree. Most of the group follows him (i.e. everyone that decided to this turn) and the come up to the third floor in the meeting room, greeting everyone already there.
Poltifar's giant bat follows him up eagerly, hoping for more fruit. Qwerty tries to grab some plants as he leaves, but doesn't have time as he doesn't want to get left behind. Chaoticag tries to pull off some fancy somersaults but doesn't for fear that he'll hurt himself.

Sean's mutations:
6. The areas of your body around your joints turn to water, allowing you much greater flexibility and easy healing but allowing your joints to be pulled apart more easily (+1 movement, +1 to dodge except ones, -1 to damage rolls of 2 or less, ripped off limbs can be reattached).
5. The spikes on your arms alter how they're attached to your body so that they have muscle wrapped around them, allowing you to launch them out for a ranged attack at the cost of some bleeding.

I hear that next floor need my help so I go up to next floor to help heal those that need healing.
You run up to the second floor in time to see everyone run up to the third floor.

At last! I use my new earth powers to create an earth minion! (I am loath to call it a golem because of the terror they caused last time)
5+1=6. A huge earth golem rises out of the ground, and you are slightly startled because it's not exactly what you wanted. It looks at you obediently, but you see a spark of disobedience in its eyes. It will do as it wants, following you mostly, but don't be surprised if it doesn't end up doing what you want.
Your ring flashes and turns blue. It now gives you water manipulation powers.

I develop the ability to sense life-signs,allowing me to pinpoint there locations and then even lock on to them for teleportation if I so wish.
1. You attempt to develop the ability to sense distant life, and walk up to one of the doors, preparing to detect signs of life through it. You lean against it but it flies open and you fall into another room. You look up and see (luck=5) a room of unoccupied computers and desks. None of them are plugged in, and, once again, there aren't any plugs to connect them to. There is one other door in this room, closed.
(Observation=5) On the wall you see a note in some other language. Looks like goblin. The doodle of a dwarven baby on a dinner plate helps you guess. You can't hope to read what it says, though.
Locations have been updated.

I listen to my feelings on what room of these is the most interesting
2. You listen to your feelings for a bit, but can't figure out anything useful.

I try to figure out what the others amulet's powers are.
4+1. You stare at the amulet, meditating over its powers for a bit. You figure out that by sheer force of will, you can get the amulet to transform into the shape of a + instead of a horseshoe, and in this form it has an entirely different set of powers, healing you on positive rolls and hurting you on negative rolls. It stays in its current form for now.

Status
Spoiler: This is pretty long (click to show/hide)

Artifacts
Spoiler: Fortuna Aurea (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Vibgyor (click to show/hide)

Locations
The First Floor: A lavishly decorated temple to the god Ecid. Monks are walking around busily. The monks are suspicious of you, so all characters on this floor get -1 to stealing.
The Second Floor: A dense jungle filled with many slightly hostile plants and animals. There is a small stone temple somewhere among the trees. The stairway to the next level has been revealed in a tall tree.
The Third Floor: What appears to be an office building, filled with all sorts of office stuff including computers, but there is no sign of electricity except the eerie fluorescent lights.
Spoiler: sub-areas (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 05:48:58 pm by penguinofhonor »

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: November 10, 2008, 11:40:54 pm »

Okay, now I will try to improve on my resurrection skills, since people won't wander off to another level, and it doesn't seem to be particularly dangerous. 

Not that I want anyone to attempt to make it so.  *cough* Jackrabbit *cough*

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: November 10, 2008, 11:42:24 pm »

It could quite easily get very, very dangerous.

Mulch Diggums

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hey urist! I think that cat is having a seizure!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: November 10, 2008, 11:42:40 pm »

I sit down and pray to my necromancy gods again, but this time asking them to enhance golgath's teleporting ability (I wish to stay down here untill I can basically raise an army of undead, but I also dont want to spend 3 actions just geting to the main group)
ooooo! Swamp wiskey! Yeah!!

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: November 10, 2008, 11:44:23 pm »

It could quite easily get very, very dangerous.

Shhh!  I want a chance to practice!
I sit down and pray to my necromancy gods again, but this time asking them to enhance golgath's teleporting ability (I wish to stay down here untill I can basically raise an army of undead, but I also dont want to spend 3 actions just geting to the main group)

Er.  My teleporting ability?  It would be nice, since I'm the resurrectionist, but I think you mean the guy who's actually teleported before..

Mulch Diggums

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hey urist! I think that cat is having a seizure!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: November 10, 2008, 11:47:15 pm »

Er sorry, I meant shadow dump, but hey, thats a bad choice any ways, I instead try to use my necromanic magic on the dead elephant and see what happens (heres hoping for a monster for me to command!)
ooooo! Swamp wiskey! Yeah!!

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: November 11, 2008, 01:06:36 am »

Okay, now I will try to improve on my resurrection skills, since people won't wander off to another level, and it doesn't seem to be particularly dangerous. 

Not that I want anyone to attempt to make it so.  *cough* Jackrabbit *cough*

Don't look at me mate, I'm only practicing my control over the four elements this turn, using the ring to assist my training. Can I do that?
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 108