Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 108

Author Topic: Penguinofhonor's RTD ROUND 2 Turn 31.5 Help update the statuses! (12/15)  (Read 142208 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: Penguinofhonor's Roll to Dodge ROUND 2
« Reply #765 on: November 09, 2008, 08:44:45 pm »

Yeah it does (not as fast as training, but you do get to heal people) but don't change your rolls because I'm almost done. Nobody is allowed to change their rolls until I post this round.

omagaalpha

• Bay Watcher
  • positve infinite
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: November 09, 2008, 09:16:33 pm »

lol was not thinking of doing that this turn any way.
Quote from: Jetsquirrel
Announce that i saw the whole creation of hte universe! and hold the monolith again
|The monolith is alive! And seemingly annoyed by your hugs. Or maybe static electricity of some kind that for some reason didn’t hit you last time.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: November 09, 2008, 09:18:29 pm »

scratch my action

I simply walk up the stairs to the next level

:'(

How does this make sense?
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: November 09, 2008, 10:03:39 pm »

You hugged her.  Lesson learned; NEVER hug Akroma.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: November 09, 2008, 10:52:55 pm »

Turn 8

I do want to go up. Instead of my above post I meditate and try to pray to the necromancy god for guidance.
6. You close your eyes, kneel, and pray. Suddenly, your soul is wrenched from your body and taken to the evil realm of the god of Necromancy. He stares at you, and suddenly you feel incredibly intense pain, and scream. The pain lasts forever, then suddenly you feel nothing. You look around and find that you have teleported to the second floor of the tower, and everyone is staring at you like they just saw a ghost.
Looking at yourself, you realize that thought wasn't too far from the truth. Your skin is gray and colorless, and you can't feel anything. You are now an untrained lich, with the potential to learn necromancy far greater than any mortal could learn. Being undead, you get [immune to pain, immune to bleeding, -2 to all positive magic attempted on you or by you eg. healing and ressurection, -1 dodge as you've become a bit stiff with death, healed slightly by successful necromancy].

Heh, anyway, I try to work on my resurrection powers some more.  Preferably by myself, as Ecid seems to be tempermental.
3. You work on your resurrection and gain a little experience, but not enough to gain a level.

I ditch omega,just me and mulch,if we fuse,mmk that will actually make us quite powerful(i think...),if not,then original success!
I simply walk up the stairs to the next level
Oh yeah, I'll have to make a note here: all attempts to transport to a level before the entrance to that level has been revealed will certainly fail, due to the same mysterious force that stopped the stone elephant breaking through the ceiling.
Shadowdump:4
You grab Mulch and teleport to the next floor. Looking around, you don't see mulch. He's still on the floor below you.

You look around and see a generic office building, with carpet in a dull maroon color and gray chairs and desks. Computers sit on some of the desks, but none of them are plugged in. Looking around more, you can't find anything to plug them in to. The only signs that this place has electricity are the fluorescent lights above you, illuminating everything and giving you the feeling that they're blinking on and off annoyingly, but very fast.
Looking around, you don't see anything alive. And you can't hear anything except a faint humming that you attribute to the lights. You see you're in a sort of meeting room, and there's an open door leading to a stairway that goes both up and down. Looking down the stairway, you see that the stairs eventually turn into a spiral stairway carved out of wood. Looking up, the stairs end at a white wall, which you sense emanates strong magical energies.
There are several doors leading out of the room. This floor is more complex than the others, as there are many rooms.
Akroma: 4
Akroma walks up the stairs and greets you, examining the area herself.

I'll try to work on my swordsmanship, perhaps using a tree as a target dummy.
5. You practice swordsmanship on a tree and gain swordsmanship skills (next level gets you bonuses, it's similar to powers).

I look in the general direction of the stair-tree, using my enhanced magi-vision to determine any magical danger the tree or the path to it might impose on us.
5. You look at the path to the tree with your magical vision and determine that the only danger is a few thorny plants, and instruct everyone on how to get there safely (+1 to a roll of 1 or 2 when going upstairs next turn).
3. You feel your transformations calm down slightly (you will no longer transform on threes).
2. The fireproof fibers are absorbed back into your body.

I PUT ON THE GOD DAMMED RING! WHAT IS THIS RINGS PROBLEM?
6. You put on the ring with such determination due to your previous failures that you learn its powers. The ring, called Vibgyor (a very creative name, I assure you), temporarily gives you a power every turn, and gives you a general +1 to using magic. If you already permanently have the power it gives you then you permanently get a bit of experience. The ring changes after every one of your rolls.
The ring turns a dull brown, and you feel the power of the earth flowing into your body.

I ask the monk who grinned at me earlier if he knows much about fighting, and if he can teach me some basic combat skills. I also drop my rock.
That's two actions. They're not even linked cleverly.
4. You drop your rock because it's weighing you down, but you can't catch the head monk because he's already heading to the next floor.

Okay, so, if heavy bleeding means I can die from it at any moment, and if I'm not healed when I get to act, then I try to stop the bleeding by squeezing my arm between my body and legs. Else, see my other post.
6. You hear a click as you squeeze your arms together and a small burst of pain as your bones snap back into place. The blood clots up and you stop bleeding, and the pain starts fading. Your arms are now only heavily bruised, though that means that breaks are more likely.

Anyway, I think I will go in an entirely diffrent direction and learn to manipulate and create plants...
(But keeping the gravity one for sure)
6. You go over to a plant and start learning how to manipulate it, when it suddenly grows huge thorns and one of its thorns falls right on you (dodge=1, damage=6-1) hitting you right in the face, but you manage to knock it back before it hurts you too much. You then force the plant to stop growing with your new plant manipulation powers.

I practisce using my flail.
5. You now have mace skills (bonuses at next level, like powers, you know?).

I transmute Sean's brittle glass bones into diamond!
6. You successfully alchemize sean's bones into diamond, but you find it hard to control the transformation and spikes of diamond burst out of his skin on his arms and legs (does damage on successful blocks, causes bleeding with successful melee unarmed attacks, cannot wear sleeved shirts or pants). He now has medium bleeding and is in pain (-1 thought).

I wipe my scalpel on my toga and start to heal Cyx.
5. You go over and heal his bruises with your knife and healing skills.

3bc. If I have learned the skill, and it has been disposed of, I practice freezing things and heating things up, transferring the energy between two or more objects as practice.
6. You look at a large rock, attempting to melt it by stealing the heat from everything surrounding it. A fog rises around it as the water in the air cools and condenses, then it falls to the ground as a frost. The plants around it look brittle and the rock glows red, then melts.
The heat from the rock heats up the area around it so fast that the frozen ground explodes, sending razor-sharp chunks of frozen dirt in your direction! (dodge=1, damage=6-1) They hit you but you manage to warm them up and soften them before they get to you so they're harmless clods of dirt. You gain the next level in thermal manipulation.

If I have strong enough healing powers then I work gain Regenaration power. But if my healing power is not strong enough then I will work on impoving healing powers so more.
1+1. You try to work on regeneration powers (which I assume is the power to enchant creatures so that they regenerate wounds slowly over time, correct?) but can't manage to learn anything.

The head monk heads to the next floor, along with the apprentice monk, who wants to make sure Akroma is fine.
Head monk: 2+1=3
Apprentice Monk: 3
They both slowly head up the stairs, not knowing what awaits them. They walk up behind Akroma and the younger monk greets her. The head monk mutters something about celibacy and the apprentice jabs him in the ribs with his elbow, insisting that they're only allies in the pilgrimage to Ecid.

Status
Spoiler: This is pretty long (click to show/hide)

Artifacts
Spoiler: Fortuna Aurea (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Vibgyor (click to show/hide)

Locations
The First Floor: A lavishly decorated temple to the god Ecid. Monks are walking around busily. The monks are suspicious of you, so all characters on this floor get -1 to stealing.
The Second Floor: A dense jungle filled with many slightly hostile plants and animals. There is a small stone temple somewhere among the trees. The stairway to the next level has been revealed in a tall tree.
The Third Floor: What appears to be an office building, filled with all sorts of office stuff including computers, but there is no sign of electricity except the eerie fluorescent lights.
Spoiler: sub-areas (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 11:30:57 pm by penguinofhonor »

Mulch Diggums

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hey urist! I think that cat is having a seizure!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: November 09, 2008, 11:08:26 pm »

Oooooooooh..I study the flesh elephants body in preperation to Bring it to undeath.
ooooo! Swamp wiskey! Yeah!!

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: November 09, 2008, 11:09:03 pm »

I'm not sure whether to be amused or fly into the rage that I get a three when virtually every other roll is a five or a six.  Ah, well.

Anywho, I walk up the stairs to the next level.

As to our new artifact, I'm wondering who can make best use of it.  I'm betting on myself, since resurrection only has one chance to work, but I won't hold it against Jackrabbit if he refuses the very idea of such a thing.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 11:12:32 pm by Golgath »
I fully endorse the idea of mountain goats that hunt man.

Jetman123

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Bauxite Turbojet!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: November 09, 2008, 11:11:42 pm »

Oops! Yeah. I meant to edit that and make it so I would drop the rock FIRST and then if I couldn't post next turn ask the monk what to do. My bad.

I head up the stairs.
When dwarves want to commit suicide, then by Armok, they _will_ commit suicide, even if they have to spend the rest of their lives working at it!

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: November 09, 2008, 11:13:28 pm »

I suppose I'll try to better my healing skills by working on Sean's bleeding and pain (which you didn't include in the statuses).
All generalizations are false....including this one.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: November 09, 2008, 11:29:37 pm »

Like I said, I always forget something. I'll get on that.

Mulch Diggums

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hey urist! I think that cat is having a seizure!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: November 09, 2008, 11:30:49 pm »

Any chance of another update tonight penguin? This may be the deciding factor in wether I go to bed or not.
ooooo! Swamp wiskey! Yeah!!

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: November 09, 2008, 11:42:01 pm »

Tonight? Definitely not. I have to get to sleep in less than an hour and everyone else usually takes ~15 hours to respond.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: November 10, 2008, 12:49:10 am »

At last! I use my new earth powers to create an earth minion! (I am loath to call it a golem because of the terror they caused last time)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: November 10, 2008, 01:21:26 am »

I listen to my feelings on what room of these is the most interesting
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: November 10, 2008, 01:26:25 am »

You hugged her.  Lesson learned; NEVER hug Akroma.
Hmm... I wonder...

*punches Akroma so hard her skull caves in and she flies several hundred meters backwards, using dark magic to refuse her deaths embrace- she collides whit a gigantic pile of razor-sharp glass shards, many embedding themselves deep in her tortured flesh. Sews her eyes shut whit a blunt rusty needle. Finally summons a few tentacle demons to preform acts not further specified.*
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 108