Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 108

Author Topic: Penguinofhonor's RTD ROUND 2 Turn 31.5 Help update the statuses! (12/15)  (Read 142176 times)

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
Re: Penguinofhonor's Roll to Dodge ROUND 2
« Reply #720 on: November 08, 2008, 07:42:46 pm »

If anyone has left, I would be very appreciative if I could take their spot.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #721 on: November 08, 2008, 09:11:32 pm »

Hurry up with that, but then again, I need to hurry up with my own...
-takes forced write-at-least-one-action break-
Eh?
Eh!

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: November 08, 2008, 09:25:28 pm »

just finished reading this.
I might be interested in taking someone's place to if they have left or die.

in case I get to do that, but it's a long wait so I miss the game strting or whatever, here's a default action thingie for whenever I ever miss turns:
1) If I'm getting attacked, flee or attack based on common sense.
2) if someone needs emergency help and I have the most appropriate skill, (example: healing) I use that skill to help them
3) I practice my greatest skill
4) I learn a random skill

come to think of it, someone else (who is actually IN THE GAME) might want to make a similar autopilot, just an idea.
also, just because I'm paranoid about having an autopilot doesn't mean I think I'll use it, just a safety measure, and to give others ideas.

Maybe I should wait whit more untill I know if I'll actually get to join, wich at this point seems unlikely.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Wooty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: November 08, 2008, 09:45:09 pm »

=o

Nooooooooooooooo
Quote from: Toady One
It's important to wear lots of face paint while you program. And you can type with your long Gene Simmons tongue.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: November 08, 2008, 10:07:20 pm »

Hmm... Ecid might feel challenged by someone else of his stature in his tower.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: November 08, 2008, 10:28:19 pm »

I'm just on statuses now, although I have a feeling that I missed someone's roll since I usually do that.

So, Armok, I guess that means you don't consider my RTD part of the horrible evil spam-ness that the forum is turning into?

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: November 08, 2008, 10:52:18 pm »

Turn 7

I stop the bleeding through any means available to me, learning a little about first aid as I go (could use some help here).
Using my scalpel, I practice my healing skills on Frelock.
I do my best to help Frelock, as well as try to learn about first aid in the process.  If possible, I will try to reattach his leg with my magic, hopefully (once again) learning about healing.
Frelock: 6
Wooty: 6
Golgath: 3
With a burst of healing magic they didn't realize they had, the three heal Frelock's leg completely (pain and bleeding are gone). Frelock and Golgath have weak healing powers, and Wooty's have increased. Though one of the blasts of magic could have been tolerated by an organism, both combined cause the leg to give off an eerie green glow and (luck=6) it grows into two legs (-1 movement and dodge for two turns while he gets used to it, +1 movement two turns after that, cannot wear pants made for a normal human, though his toga is fine).

Imma going for teleportation.
I'll assume that means you want to learn it.
3. With some concentration, you gain weak teleportation powers.

I tell the other fellow tied up to try to get us both out, and try to convince the monk that we should be let go and accompany us to the next floor.
1. The monk hears you conspiring and puts a bag over your head (-2 charisma).

I scream. Oh, and tag team with the head monk to attack the stone elephant in the opposite leg
1. You scream and the stone elephant decides that you're a threat hitting you with its trunk. (Dodge=2) It hits you right in the body (damage=6) but you manage to position yourself so you go flying into the air, and kick at the elephant's trunk, cracking it.

no pain can stop me.
I grab the stone-elephant by it's trunk, swing him, and throw him right out of this level.
I assist Akroma, again with the gravity.
Akroma: 6
qwerty: 3, and I'm giving you your first action because of how this roll worked out
Akroma grabs the elephant and swinga it around with incredible speed. A huge wind whips up as the beast flies around her, and she slowly rises off the ground with the wind. Noticing this, she flings the elephant up but keeps hanging on, and both of them are propelled through the air into the ceiling, but The elephant hits it first, but is bounced back by some strange force, doing no harm to the ceiling. (damage=3-2) The elephant slams into the ground, with extra force thanks to qwerty's gravity powers, and shatters into pieces, dead. Akroma calms down from attacking with such ferocity, but now has -1 damage and accuracy for two turns from exhaustion.

A pathway of generic magical sparkles appears, heading towards one corner of the room. In this corner you see a huge tree that touches the ceiling. You assume that it's the stairs to the next level since nothing else in the room gets anywhere near the ceiling.

I try to gain understanding of my alchemic mutations, allowing me to control them and change my body at will.
1+1. You try to gain knowledge of your body with the help of the magical patterns, but you learn nothing new.
5. Your eyes alter and take in light from the outside world, mixing it with the magical patterns before sending it to your brain. Everything is rainbow and sparkly to you, occasionally distorting. You cannot tell the details of objects or read, though. Your eyes now give you [semi-blind, -1 accuracy, +1 thought, +1 magic].
2. Your bones turn into brittle glass (broken bones will be more severe, probably ending up with you losing the limb a lot more often).

So now, I'll let Sean handle his transmutations himself since he can use his serum if it gets dangerous. I attempt to transmute my cotton toga into a segmented iron toga armor suit.
3. Some iron strands get interwoven with the cotton, but there's no significant change because you're pretty new to this alchemy stuff and don't know how to control it well.

I convince the closest passing monk that I am his/her long lost son and that I deserve a blunt weapon, and should be untied.
6. Your body transforms slightly to resemble the features of a monk, who you then easily convince that he is your father. He unties you and mumbles something about how the monks are supposed to be celibate, ruining his reputation, and that she said that she was on the pill. He gives you a flail (+1 damage when in an open area, because you need some room to swing that thing) and pushes you up the stairs. You walk through the door at the top of the stairs, and the monk runs down the stairs away from you.

I Work on imporving my healing powers even more.
5. You concentrate on your powers and heal and gain the next level of powers (+1 to using them against critically wounded people).

... Changed my mind again. If I can get either a 1, a 2, a 5 or a 6 I should just attempt to magically fix my arms. I still try to mess with the amulet if it's somehow not considered thought-based though.
Learning about the Amulet is definitely thought-based.
1-2=1. You focus on healing your arms by whatever means necessary, but trip and get them caught on a thorny vine. Your arms are now cut up a bit and you're bleeding heavily.

I grin back at the monk and attempt to smack the stone elephant with MY stone! Let the stoniest win!
Autofail because the elephant's dead already.

2b. If the elephant is no longer functioning or has not taken notice of me, I attempt to learn thermal manipulation.
3+1. You use your knowledge of fire and heat to learn how to control all temperatures. You gain weak thermal manipulation, which is like a combination of pyrokinesis and ice powers, but a bit weaker than having both. And a bit less flashy, though you can do things with it that you can't do with fire or ice manipulation, like melt stuff.

The monks stare at you, wondering what to do.

Status
Spoiler: This is pretty long (click to show/hide)

Artifacts
Spoiler: Fortuna Aurea (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Color-changing ring (click to show/hide)

Locations
The First Floor: A lavishly decorated temple to the god Ecid. Monks are walking around busily. The monks are suspicious of you, so all characters on this floor get -1 to stealing.
The Second Floor: A dense jungle filled with many slightly hostile plants and animals. There is a small stone temple somewhere among the trees. The stairway to the next level has been revealed in a tall tree.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 11:55:19 am by penguinofhonor »

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: November 08, 2008, 10:59:24 pm »

So, Armok, I guess that means you don't consider my RTD part of the horrible evil spam-ness that the forum is turning into?
Correct, it's awesome, it's a lot like tacticus or BotG, this kind of game was one of the things I missed the most about the forums.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Mulch Diggums

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hey urist! I think that cat is having a seizure!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: November 08, 2008, 11:21:19 pm »

I channel my necromanic powers to my left hand and attempt to make the bone pretrude out of it in the shape of claws (Not making me bleed to death :P of course)
ooooo! Swamp wiskey! Yeah!!

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: November 09, 2008, 12:09:20 am »

I teleport me,mulch,and omegaalpha up to the second level.
However if they decide they don't want to go up,then they may say so and won't be effected.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 12:17:37 am by SHAD0Wdump »

Mulch Diggums

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: November 09, 2008, 12:11:54 am »

I do want to go up. Instead of my above post I meditate and try to pray to the necromancy god for guidance.

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: November 09, 2008, 12:28:23 am »

A mediocre roll once again, but because of overshots of others I have victory!  VICT- sorry.

Heh, anyway, I try to work on my resurrection powers some more.  Preferably by myself, as Ecid seems to be tempermental.
I fully endorse the idea of mountain goats that hunt man.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: November 09, 2008, 12:49:45 am »

Shadowdump, teleporting multiple people could be risky. I can see it now...

"1. You teleport along with the other two, and then realize that you are joined into one being, with extra parts. After some testing, you find that you each control an arm, a leg, and a head. Also, you're on the same floor that you were on before, just a few feet away."

On second thought, that would be amazing. I'll have to put in a penalty on using your weak powers on multiple creatures, though. I'm not sure how that should work.

Mulch Diggums

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: November 09, 2008, 01:01:27 am »

D: oh god damnit im scared now. Shadow, just teleport me ;_;

Wooty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: November 09, 2008, 01:09:50 am »

I wipe my scalpel on my toga and start to heal Cyx.
Quote from: Toady One
It's important to wear lots of face paint while you program. And you can type with your long Gene Simmons tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 108