Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 108

Author Topic: Penguinofhonor's RTD ROUND 2 Turn 31.5 Help update the statuses! (12/15)  (Read 142287 times)

omagaalpha

• Bay Watcher
  • positve infinite
    • View Profile
Re: Penguinofhonor's Roll to Dodge ROUND 2
« Reply #630 on: November 02, 2008, 07:01:45 am »

I worked on improving my evading skills , so does not seem like always working on healing :P
Quote from: Jetsquirrel
Announce that i saw the whole creation of hte universe! and hold the monolith again
|The monolith is alive! And seemingly annoyed by your hugs. Or maybe static electricity of some kind that for some reason didn’t hit you last time.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #631 on: November 02, 2008, 07:57:14 am »

Oops, I missed last turn.

I make the large elephant fall over backwards.

On the unlikely chance that I miss next turn, if I don't post before than, then I would like to defend the ring bearer from harm from people not in the group(let anyone in the group try to take it but protect it from others)
Eh?
Eh!

Cyx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: November 02, 2008, 10:32:21 am »

I try to connect with and understand the amulet.

If it is possible, I also tell my armadillo to learn how to fight.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: November 02, 2008, 11:13:09 am »

Cyx, that'll be two actions.

Frelock, I put you into the turn.

Cyx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: November 02, 2008, 11:50:32 am »

I'll focus on the amulet and let him hang around then.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: November 02, 2008, 02:49:11 pm »

Thanks, Penguin.

Action:
I attack the elephant, and work on my swordsmanship while I'm at it.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: November 02, 2008, 03:23:41 pm »

I just got some ideas about the Fortuna Aurea. Let's just say that it will be a lot more valuable now, and even more valuable the farther up you go with it.

Mulch Diggums

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hey urist! I think that cat is having a seizure!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: November 02, 2008, 04:31:35 pm »

I call all body parts and/or souls that come of this. Though, I realy suggest you not fight =]
ooooo! Swamp wiskey! Yeah!!

Jetman123

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Bauxite Turbojet!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: November 02, 2008, 06:10:25 pm »

I will attempt to go after the two looking for the artifact, and catch up to them.
When dwarves want to commit suicide, then by Armok, they _will_ commit suicide, even if they have to spend the rest of their lives working at it!

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: November 02, 2008, 07:26:09 pm »

This round is getting interesting. Sean, you got another overshot.

Mulch Diggums

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hey urist! I think that cat is having a seizure!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: November 02, 2008, 08:43:01 pm »

OOooh..sounds very fun. If I make the staff and I walk around with it it will help me with my movement right? Or at least make me hopefully more stable? =]
ooooo! Swamp wiskey! Yeah!!

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: November 02, 2008, 09:10:17 pm »

Is putting on the ring and running one action?

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: November 02, 2008, 10:14:46 pm »

I think I have enough people for a new round.

I've noticed that Kashyyk hasn't posted, so if anyone wants his character then they can have it.

Turn 5

Using the unusual status of my feet,I attempt to convince the local monks that I am some sort of divine being.
2. You walk up to some of them and show them your feet, but they just look at you nervously and back away slowly.

I dig a small but fairly deep and wide enough for me to fit in it hole.
5. You dig a hole just big enough to fit a person.

oh dear. I run putting on the artifact as i do so. if this counts as two I just run.
3. You run away from the elephant and hide behind a tree (it will not attack you this turn) but don't have time to put the ring on.

Guess some sort of fail protection was a bit too ambitious.  Ah, well.  I attempt to climb the stairs once again.
You would have gotten a one-time fail protection if you had gotten a five. But a four isn't enough for that kind of power.
3. You slowly climb the stairs, feeling lonely because everyone else did it in a group. You reach the second floor and look around, surprised by the chaos.

I feed my pet bat some random fruit that is lying around, hoping it will grow very big and strong (enough to act as a mount), and maybe aquire some kind of powers.
5. You find some fruit that looks obnoxiously healthy and feed it to your bat. Before your eyes it grows to the size of a large dog. Its natural stats are now [+1 movement, -1 attack, can fly]. It's a fruit bat, so you can't expect much in attack power.

Anyways, I'll proceed as planned and learn to transmute gold into any other material. So, yes, it's going to be anything to gold then gold to something else. :)
Huh, you can transform yourself soon. Also, I expected alchemical powers to be general substance-to-substance powers, so you'll just train your alchemy.
6. You take the lump of gold you just created and, with another bright flash of alchemical power, turn it into a variety of substances. A pebble, a drop of water, a bit of wood, and a chunk of iron fall out of your hands. Suddenly you feel the change in you speed up, and look down and notice that you're not just turning to gold anymore (your alchemical powers have increased enough to get you +1 to using them, and your transformations will now be twice per turn and into random substances, which means that you no longer have to worry about dieing by becoming a solid statue unless you get constant horrible rolls, but that's really how everything is, isn't it?).
3. Your body absorbs your gauntlets into your skin, stiffening your hands but covering them with silver (-1 to picking things up, but the +1 against to parry attacks is now natural, which means you can wear gauntlets on top of it for more bonuses).
3. Your skin becomes interwoven with thick, fireproof fibers (+1 defense against fire).

I high five the monk.
Then I go and secure the ring for me.
1. You run over to high-five the monk, but are interrupted by the giant stone elephant, which strikes at you, and (dodge=1) hits you dead in the center of your chest, (damage=6-3=3) which badly bruises you and tosses you a good distance, but doesn't do much else.

I take one of the poles the leather was hanging on and some more leather and attempt to create a necromanic staff for myself.
4. You grab one of the poles and charge it with necromantic energy to increase your necromantic powers. It becomes a weak necromancy staff (+1 necromancy if you haven't used magic for two turns).
You gain a small amount of necromancy experience, and gain another level in it. You now can control two minions and gain +1 to using necromancy.

I worked on improving my evading skills , so does not seem like always working on healing :P
2. You try to improve your healing skills, but are distracted by Mulch performing his magic. You wish your healing powers were as strong as his necromancy.

I make the large elephant fall over backwards.
This is an attack.
4. You charge at the huge elephant and try to push it over, (dodge=6-1) but it quickly moves its legs out of the way and you harmlessly charge past it.

I try to connect with and understand the amulet.
2-1=1. You stare at the amulet, but can't figure out its new level of power because the huge elephant kicks at you, frustrated that Akroma isn't dead yet. (dodge=1) It hits you just like it hit Akroma, and (damage=5-3=2) you see what is almost a smile on its face as the bones in your arms crack as they hit the ground (both broken arms, -2 arm use, cannot hold heavy objects, -1 thought from pain).

I attack the elephant, and work on my swordsmanship while I'm at it.
5. You charge at the elephant as it's distracted from pulverizing Cyx! (dodge=4-2, damage=5+2) You hit it hard in the leg, but it doesn't even pay attention as your sword smacks against it. Your sword is now dented, and you fear that damaging it again will weaken it further. As of now, the dents don't reduce its usability noticeably.

I will attempt to go after the two looking for the artifact, and catch up to them.
5. You catch up to Jackrabbit and Devath.

The apprentice monk charges at the elephant, angry over it attacking Akroma.
3. He jumps at the elephant's leg, not the best spot to attack but better than nothing. (dodge=2-1, damage=5-2) The elephant's leg is scratched badly.

The head monk backs up the apprentice monk's attack by attacking the huge elephant as well.
3. He hits the elephant in the same leg, and (dodge=4-1) hits his quarterstaff against it in a different place than where the other monk scratched it, (damage=2-1) causing the leg to fracture and break off entirely (-1 movement). The stone elephant wobbles and loses the smug look on its face. The smaller elephant looks like it might fall off.

The normal elephant jumps off the huge elephant at Cyx.
6. It jumps high in the air and flies down towards Cyx like a huge, gray, wrinkly missile. (dodge=3-1) Cyx is hit right in the torso and (damage=6-1) manages to not get more than light scratches somehow. (luck=2) The elephant is dazed by this attack (-1 to all actions next turn).

Status
Spoiler: This is pretty long (click to show/hide)

Artifacts
Spoiler: Fortuna Aurea (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Color-changing ring (click to show/hide)

Locations
The First Floor: A lavishly decorated temple to the god Ecid. Monks are walking around busily.
The Second Floor: A dense jungle filled with many slightly hostile plants and animals. There is a small stone temple somewhere among the trees.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 10:30:02 pm by penguinofhonor »

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: November 02, 2008, 10:27:27 pm »

Action:
I back off a ways and observe the elephants, trying to sense any weaknesses.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: November 02, 2008, 10:46:49 pm »

I develop control over electricity.(if possible I'd like it to be a deep red color for aesthetics)
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 108