Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 108

Author Topic: Penguinofhonor's RTD ROUND 2 Turn 31.5 Help update the statuses! (12/15)  (Read 142230 times)

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Penguinofhonor's Roll to Dodge ROUND 2
« Reply #615 on: October 31, 2008, 06:42:25 pm »

thanks penguin. I instead search for the artifact on this level.

Devath

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Insane Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: November 01, 2008, 09:02:04 pm »

Forgot my action when I last stopped in...

I wander off in search of the artifact.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup." - Unknown

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: November 01, 2008, 11:59:10 pm »

Abilities will slowly gain experience and rise through successful uses, so you don't have to say that you want to raise your level. Practicing without actually using them for anything productive will increase your skills faster, but, of course, you don't get to attack things or whatever your skills are. I'll put your skill experience in parentheses in the status.

Turn 4

Scratch my last post, I instead want to make a necromanic top hat out of the stuff hanging off those poles.
5. You find some rugs made primarily of leather and use your necromantic magic them, forming them into the shape of a top hat, which growls at you. You cautiously put it on and determine that it's safe unless you command it not to be.
You can charge it with necromantic magic to increase your defense by 1 for a turn, but you might lose control of it momentarily, dealing you a bit of damage. I hope you were expecting things like this, since necromancy is usually a high risk, high reward school of magic.
If you charge it with enough magic, its powers may increase. Charging it does not take up your move, but you'll have to roll to see how the hat decides to respond to your magics.

I attempt to learn alchemy. Specifically, transmuting stuff into gold. Not just lead. :P
6. You pick up a couple rocks and start experimenting with them. After a while, you get an idea and, with a flash, the rocks become chunks of gold. You then notice specks of gold appearing on your skin (you have alchemic powers, you are slowly turning into gold, which will lead to a variety of bonuses and penalties until you eventually become a solid gold statue. You will roll to see how you transform every turn, beginning next turn).

I stand and think about my recent failures, hoping to figure out a way to avoid such things in the future.
4. You stand and think, and realize that the best way to avoid failures is to have better luck.

this round, I and the monk cry out JUMANJI
in hope this jungle will disappear
This will take the monk's action too.
3. You yell "JUMANJI!" as loud as you can. At first, nothing happens. But then all the animals except Cyx's armadillo run away quickly. You feel safer.

To help gain next level of healing power I will heal all people can be to increase my level.  After all practice help you learn the skill better.
Currently you can only heal one person at a time. That can increase later.
6. I was going to warn you about sixes on healing, but I guess I'll just show an example. You run up to shadowdump, the only injured person you can find, and pump all your healing power into his injured foot.
Suddenly you realize that you're using more healing power than you need to, and stop it, but it's too late. Your magic is drained (-1 to using magic next turn) and shadowdump's foot is glowing brightly green.
With a flash, (luck=2) the toes on both of shadowdump's feet grow six inches long (cannot wear shoes made for normal humans, -1 movement for 2 turns while he's getting used to it).

So again, because you skipped my turn, I climb the stairs, then I tame a random wild animal.
1. You climb up the staircase for a minute or so, then look down. Realizing that you're really high up, you quickly become afraid, start running down the stairs really fast, and fall off. (Luck=6) You land on the cloth roof of a souvenir stand, and, realizing an opportunity, jump at the same time that you're launched into the air.
You fly up and hit your head on the ceiling (bruised head, headache, -1 to thought-based actions for two turns), and fall down at the top of the stairwell. You walk into the forest and...
3. You find a small bat that was too busy sleeping to be alarmed by the shouting and quickly befriend it.

I attempt to find a good rock for a weapon.
You find a large, heavy rock and pick it up (+1 attack, -1 dodge).

I make a curved leaf umbrella hat.
3. You find a leaf and some twigs and construct a makeshift umbrella hat (unaffected by rain, a very useful bonus).

Anyway... I attempt to create a hover-chair.
2. You find an opulent chair and realize that you don't have the technology or magic to make it hover.

I put on the amulet.
6. You put it on and it glows green, then red. You sense some greater power within it.

I instead search for the artifact on this level.
I wander off in search of the artifact.
Jackrabbit: 6
Devath: 3
Devath and Jackrabbit run off in search of the artifact on this level, hoping for something more interesting than the Fortuna Aurea. Parting the trees, they see a small, temple-like structure. Feeling like Indiana Jones without the all the booby traps, they walk towards it and see a large, color-changing ring sitting on an altar.
Devath stays behind, worrying that this will end up being like Indiana Jones, complete with booby traps, but Jackrabbit rushes ahead and grabs it. Suddenly, the whole floor rumbles and you hear trees breaking as something huge approaches through the jungle. With a trumpeting, a normal elephant walks out of the trees, and then a huge elephant made of dark gray stone steps out of the forest, picks up the smaller one, and places it on its head. It is about five times as tall as a normal elephant.

Action: I pick up a sword and ascend the stairs.
6+1=6. You grab a short sword (+1 accuracy) and charge up the stairs. You see the huge elephant and charge at it with your sword, (dodge=5-1) but the elephant manages to move out of your way and you hit nothing.

The head monk throws a rock at the small elephant.
3-1=2. The rock flies too low and passes by the huge rock elephant's ear.

Event roll!
2. The huge stone elephant looks around angrily and spies Jackrabbit with the ring.

Status
Spoiler: This is pretty long (click to show/hide)

Artifacts
Spoiler: Fortuna Aurea (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Color-changing ring (click to show/hide)

Locations
The First Floor: A lavishly decorated temple to the god Ecid. Monks are walking around busily.
The Second Floor: A dense jungle filled with many slightly hostile plants and animals. There is a small stone temple somewhere among the trees.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 07:06:35 pm by penguinofhonor »

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: November 02, 2008, 12:19:27 am »

Using the unusual status of my feet,I attempt to convince the local monks that I am some sort of divine being.

Wooty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: November 02, 2008, 01:14:23 am »

I dig a small but fairly deep and wide enough for me to fit in it hole.
Quote from: Toady One
It's important to wear lots of face paint while you program. And you can type with your long Gene Simmons tongue.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: November 02, 2008, 01:44:42 am »

oh dear. I run putting on the artifact as i do so. if this counts as two I just run.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 02:01:59 am by Jackrabbit »

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: November 02, 2008, 01:57:28 am »

Figures the yoga master would trip over a box of swords.  I get a +1 for movement, right?

Action: I pick up a sword and ascend the stairs.

I take it you missed this?
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: November 02, 2008, 02:02:46 am »

Guess some sort of fail protection was a bit too ambitious.  Ah, well.  I attempt to climb the stairs once again.
I fully endorse the idea of mountain goats that hunt man.

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: November 02, 2008, 02:18:48 am »

I feed my pet bat some random fruit that is lying around, hoping it will grow very big and strong (enough to act as a mount), and maybe aquire some kind of powers.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 02:20:24 am by Poltifar »
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: November 02, 2008, 03:34:19 am »

Oh, that, uh... that went well.
(Did I just paint a target on the back of my head?)

Anyways, I'll proceed as planned and learn to transmute gold into any other material. So, yes, it's going to be anything to gold then gold to something else. :)

Btw, I remember from some animated series that gold reflects lasers... ;)

And also, if any of you feels like not wanting the ring, throw it to me. It'll go well with my toga, I might even hide it if I receive it.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 03:45:09 am by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: November 02, 2008, 04:32:34 am »

I high five the monk.

Then I go and secure the ring for me.

If you don't count that as one action, I only go and grab the ring.
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Mulch Diggums

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hey urist! I think that cat is having a seizure!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: November 02, 2008, 04:33:49 am »

I take one of the poles the leather was hanging on and some more leather and attempt to create a necromanic staff for myself.
ooooo! Swamp wiskey! Yeah!!

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: November 02, 2008, 06:22:27 am »

I high five the monk.

Then I go and secure the ring for me.

If you don't count that as one action, I only go and grab the ring.

oh no you don't. it's mine. You'll have to take it from my cold dead hands first. I hae an unnerving suspicion you are going to try just that. aren't you?

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: November 02, 2008, 06:33:33 am »

well, that is the difference between a 5 and a 6

a 6 could mean the hand that is holding the ring will come right off
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: November 02, 2008, 06:43:47 am »

I have a club you know. Its very small and made from inferior wood but it is still a club.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 108