Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 108

Author Topic: Penguinofhonor's RTD ROUND 2 Turn 31.5 Help update the statuses! (12/15)  (Read 142282 times)

Wooty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Penguinofhonor's Roll to Dodge
« Reply #465 on: October 18, 2008, 09:58:51 pm »

Hax =O Elf I has no matter manipulation and can't hold a sword!

I throw Elf I out of Politifar.
Quote from: Toady One
It's important to wear lots of face paint while you program. And you can type with your long Gene Simmons tongue.

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: October 19, 2008, 02:56:28 am »

Yay, time manipulation, exactly what I needed. I warp myself back to a time before the big bang occured (Wait, is that even possible? I heard there wasn't even 'time' before the big bang... oh well :P)
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Jetman123

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Bauxite Turbojet!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: October 19, 2008, 04:12:32 am »

Current theory is that before the big bang everything - EVERYTHING - was a gravitational singularity, as in a point with infinite mass and a radius of zero. Aka, you'd be warping into what is essentially the center of a black hole. Going there is generally a bad idea.
When dwarves want to commit suicide, then by Armok, they _will_ commit suicide, even if they have to spend the rest of their lives working at it!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: October 19, 2008, 07:06:01 am »

Actually, he'd just solve the issue of "what started the Big Bang". Time paradox GO!
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: October 19, 2008, 09:48:41 am »

Yeah, Poltifar, a success on that would just cause you to be crushed instantly. Then your ghost and the ghosts of those in the ship (there are now more people in the ship) would return to the present.

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: October 19, 2008, 11:17:09 am »

then i send a super-powered anti-energy missle back to the instant of the big bang, essentially canceling the big bang and all creation.
<@Akroma> eh

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: October 19, 2008, 11:21:50 am »

Wow, you guys just want this game to end now, don't you?

Jetman123

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Bauxite Turbojet!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: October 19, 2008, 11:29:18 am »

I can't blame him. The universe is going to end anyway, we might as well make it painless.
When dwarves want to commit suicide, then by Armok, they _will_ commit suicide, even if they have to spend the rest of their lives working at it!

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: October 19, 2008, 11:46:10 am »

I'm not sure whether I should post the turn to let people know what happened beforehand, or if I should just post "POLTIFAR SUCCEEDED".

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: October 19, 2008, 11:47:19 am »

Um, yay?
<@Akroma> eh

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: October 19, 2008, 11:59:22 am »

Just a note: I'm not going to let you revert the entire game to an earlier turn. That's not fun. Akroma didn't know so her action is fine (and it didn't do it anyways). Think of more creative ways to use your powers. And remember, +2 means a 50% chance of overshooting.
Also, a time anomaly roll will happen for every five time manipulation actions. An extra one will happen if there are three or more within a single turn.

I don't want the "everything is getting fucked up" process to go backward; I'll let Akroma mess with time, except I won't let it affect anything else than herself, and to a specific extent. Ideally she ends up in the past, as a ghost, caught in the middle of the supernovae.
6+3=6. With a flash, time straightens out perfectly for everyone except Akroma (no time manipulation for anyone except Akroma next turn, Akroma cannot influence anyone but herself with time manipulation next turn).

I attempt to fly away from Akroma while doing lots and lots and lots of evasive maneuvers at fastest possible speed. God I hope Sean doesn't succeed.
2+1=3. You fly away enough to avoid too much damage.

okay, I use the new ability to manipulate time to reset the game, back to the point at wich I was still a supernove, rapidly consuming the universe
3+2=5. You separate a pocket of space around yourself from the rest of the time stream and pull your supernova-self from the past, merge the two, and return to the present. With a huge blast of heat and light, you turn into a supernova and rapidly expand to your full size.
Poltifar and friends are flying away from you at just enough to keep out of the flames, but they're heating up pretty fast.

I absorb nearby dimensions, healing myself... (and adding, new, more interesting threats to the PCs... Muhaha.)
1. Once again you fail to manipulate the universe effectively, weakening it further (the decay can no longer be stopped). In addition, your connection to the universe has been weakened (+1 to shadowdump pulling you out this turn).

I materialize into a device armed with 4.5 billion guided hyperspace-capable thermonuclear missiles.
The original was a transformation and an attack, so that's two actions.
5. You materialize into a huge clump of countless ghost-missiles and begin targeting things.

I rip Devath's soul out of the space-time continuum,returning him to a ghost.
3+1=4. You reach into a random point in space in front of you and rip a clump of ghost out of nowhere. Devath looks around, and screams. (Dodge=6) Turning around, you see Akroma expanding rapidly towards you, and leap off your low-gravity planet at Poltifar, holding Devath. You quickly land on the outside, open him up, and pull yourself and Devath into the ship. There's just enough air to breathe. Looking out the window, you see Pluto getting consumed by Akroma.

I throw Elf I out of Politifar.
Your nanobots scurry at the Elf ghost but he floats just above them.

then i send a super-powered anti-energy missle back to the instant of the big bang, essentially canceling the big bang and all creation.
5+2=6. You fly towards sean, open a time portal around him, and shove all his missiles into it. The last thing you see is the portal closing, before everything disappears.

ROUND 1 OVER
All remaining participants in this round have a guaranteed place in the next round, which will have 15 people. If any of those eight don't want to play then they can give up their slot.

The next round hasn't started quite yet, but you can start requesting spots now. I'll post a big post with all sorts of rules collected into one place sometime soon (read: within a couple days).

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: October 19, 2008, 12:02:42 pm »

will the next round be in a new tread, or here ?
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: October 19, 2008, 12:09:50 pm »

I'm definitely joining the next round. But I hope there will be some stricter rules, 'cause even though destroying the universe is fun, it can get annoying when all we do is try to do something more overpowered and insane than each other..
<@Akroma> eh

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: October 19, 2008, 12:15:36 pm »

It'll be in this thread. Give me a second and I'll change the title.

And yeah, there will be more strict rules.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: Penguinofhonor's Roll to Dodge ROUND 2
« Reply #479 on: October 19, 2008, 12:24:54 pm »

So, what is the new starting situation ?
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 108