Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 108

Author Topic: Penguinofhonor's RTD ROUND 2 Turn 31.5 Help update the statuses! (12/15)  (Read 142124 times)

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Penguinofhonor's Roll to Dodge
« Reply #375 on: October 06, 2008, 05:53:31 am »

Well technically, I also survived. I want a place in next game too! :P
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Cyx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: October 06, 2008, 06:08:12 am »

If this goes on for another round, I'll gather the mana of the whole galaxy and help Sean destroy the universe with it.

I'd gladly join the next game if there's still room left.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: October 06, 2008, 06:20:55 am »

"Round", as in "Game round". I suppose you meant "turn". And yes, that would be a suitably epic finale, with a suitably epic and surprising ending. Won't it, sir penguinofhonor? :)
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Cyx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: October 06, 2008, 07:35:25 am »

Yes I meant turn. I said round as an allusion to the D&D/boxing round because it seemed more appropriate but maybe it isn't. As you can see, English isn't my first language.

Jetman123

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Bauxite Turbojet!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: October 06, 2008, 08:17:36 am »

Hey, count me in as well! No way I'm missing the next Penguin RtD. :D
When dwarves want to commit suicide, then by Armok, they _will_ commit suicide, even if they have to spend the rest of their lives working at it!

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: October 06, 2008, 08:10:30 pm »

You could have fooled me about your native language, Cyx.

I'll see who gets a place in the next round. Sean and Akroma definitely will thanks to their amazing destruction. I like everyone else, too. But I don't want to start a RTD with too many people.

I guess I'll start it with 15 people and have permadeath.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #381 on: October 06, 2008, 08:23:27 pm »

If I get a spot again(I started in this one... annoying enforced inactivity) you will get one autoapproved suggestion in my RTD if when I get around to reviving it...
Eh?
Eh!

Devath

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Insane Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: October 06, 2008, 09:21:48 pm »

Whee, I'll come too! And my action comes first, thus if I succeed, many of the following actions autofail. Sad, ne?
"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup." - Unknown

Wooty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: October 06, 2008, 09:58:15 pm »

I stab my ghost jetpack, creating a nanopack that can fly at warp 9. WARP NINE!
Quote from: Toady One
It's important to wear lots of face paint while you program. And you can type with your long Gene Simmons tongue.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: October 06, 2008, 10:05:24 pm »

Bribery, Qwerty?

Devath, you're going to end this game in an annoyingly anticlimatic way if you succeed. But let's see what happens.

Also, thanks for all the support, guys. I had no idea my RTD was so popular/good/other positive adjective until everyone started clamoring for a spot in the next round.

I make it so that matter and energy are incapable of interacting.
4. Every sentient matter-made creature in the universe gains the ability to make an anti-energy shield that gives them immunity to an energy-based attack but a -3 to their next roll to simulate their matter and energy not being able to work together. This does not count as a roll, and you can put conditions on it such as "I use it if Akroma attacks me". Be warned that -3 is a steep penalty and this only blocks one attack.
Every sentient energy-made creature gains the ability to make an matter-repulsion shield that gives them immunity to a matter based attack but makes them unable to actively interact with matter for one turn and gives them a -2 to their next action. They can still be attacked, but they can't hold items or attack. It can be used just like the anti-energy shield ability.
Ghosts do not count as energy or matter. Becoming energy or matter will give you the ability to use one of these. Losing your matter/energy status rids you of this ability. Devath doesn't get anything because he's too powerful already.
Devath, you can do stuff to the game.

I finally sip that martini,I'm not stopping even if a ninja magically pops in to skewer me.
3. You sip your martini, but spill a little on yourself, ruining the mood.

I activate my force shields and change its frequencies and stuff to make it able to deflect pure energy!
Scratch my last action, I will attempt to clamber into the cockpit and help Poltifar remodulate his shields.
Jetman
2. You can't figure out how to open the door to the cockpit.
Poltifar
4. Your anti-energy shield ability now only gives you a -2 to your next roll instead of a -3.

I move to the center of the universe, absorbing everything on my path
2. You can't figure out how to move your energy-body. You lose lots of energy and now only gain +1 attack.

I try to use at least some of the remnant energy from all the matter->strange matter transformations to cause a massive Devath Anomaly and teleport bits of strange matter all over the Devath, effectively causing complete destruction (or transformation) of all existing matter, and, well, the end of the world as we know it, maximum magnitude. ;D
You guys really want this game to end, don't you?
2. You find the strange matter hard to manipulate, but it continues to slowly expand on its own.

I stab my ghost jetpack, creating a nanopack that can fly at warp 9. WARP NINE!
3. You stab at your jetpack, but the nanobots don't climb onto it. Your jetpack doesn't suffer more than a couple scratches, and it's still fully functional.

If this goes on for another round, I'll gather the mana of the whole galaxy and help Sean destroy the universe with it.
Almost forgot you because of the whole turn/round thing.
THE BIG ROLL
4. You gather tons of mana and spread it through the universe in a destructive form. It causes the universe to begin to decay. It will unravel slowly and cause tons of horrible and interesting things to happen over later rounds.

BET YOU GUYS A NICKEL THERE'S SOME ERRORS IN HERE
Jetman123: Naked. In Poltifar. Holding nano-underwear. Has anti-energy shield
Wooty: A ghost. Has weak matter manipulation. Holding a nano-dagger. Has a slightly damaged ghost-jetpack. Clinging to Poltifar.
SHAD0Wdump: Naked. Slightly transparent. Broken leg (-1 movement). Slightly agile. In a pocket dimension. Burned. Has anti-energy shield
Poltifar: A small adamantine rocketship. Fireproof. Has cleaning nanobots that don't do much currently. Flying towards Akroma. Has improved anti-energy shield.
Akroma: A galaxy-sized energy golem. Has the matter-repulsion shield ability.
Cyx: A ghost. Has weak matter manipulation. In Poltifar.
Devath: The space-time continuum.
Sean Mirrsen: A ghost.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 10:09:46 pm by penguinofhonor »

Wooty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: October 06, 2008, 11:04:05 pm »

I stab Cyx repeatedly, if I can't stab another ghost then I knock his teeth out.
Quote from: Toady One
It's important to wear lots of face paint while you program. And you can type with your long Gene Simmons tongue.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: October 07, 2008, 12:21:42 am »

I attempt to stretch and form my body, making it into a straight line, instead of the humanoid form I have right now.

I attempt to stretch directly into the direction of poltifar, to stab him with my body
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: October 07, 2008, 02:44:43 am »

I attempt to construct a energy vortex bomb,capable of devouring in whole any mass of energy it contacts once it detonates.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: October 07, 2008, 03:17:38 am »

Heat death of the universe much? ;)

I use the already broken laws of physics to transmute half of existing strange matter into strange antimatter. (both would consume any matter they encounter into their own form, and upon contacting one another, they will annihilate, emitting strange radiation that travels at "Speed of Light"*(-1) and converts all forms of energy it touches into more strange radiation.)

I'm going to make a hell of a strange world. ;D
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: October 07, 2008, 03:58:14 am »

Its pretty fucked up as it is.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 108