Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 108

Author Topic: Penguinofhonor's RTD ROUND 2 Turn 31.5 Help update the statuses! (12/15)  (Read 141706 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dodge - I'm a dirty thief and we seriously don't have enough of these
« Reply #135 on: September 04, 2008, 09:07:17 pm »

Well, we're going to start without those three. They have one turn on their inactivity, so you guys can start calling them and if they don't post next round, they get turned into new people. I hope Akroma gets back, because she was owning everything.

I jump under the flesh golem's legs, attempting to form a pool of quicksa.. e..uh, "quickdirt", to encase him under the ground.
6. You dive under him and use your dirt-shaping abilities to soften the dirt and make him sink. But all the dirt for a wide radius softens, making everyone (except you) sink.
Dodge Rolls!
Golems have a -1 to this because they're heavy. Dirt/rock/etc golems are not effected. Ghosts aren't effected either, for obvious reasons.
Jetman123
1. He sinks into the dirt completely. He is now suffocating and will get a suffocation roll at the end of each round. Suffocation rolls are less forgiving than bleeding rolls. Poltifar is in a tree, so he doesn't get affected either.
Sir Edmund
3. He sinks in up to his knees (-2 movement).
Immortal
4. He manages to stand on some roots to escape sinking.
SHAD0Wdump
4. He manages to stand on Immortal to escape sinking. Immortal glares at him and he steps down.
Akroma
3. She acrobatically does a cartwheel over to some roots, but her hands sink in while she's on them (-2 hand use).
Cyx
1. He sinks in completely and falls through some sort of ceiling into a cavern. He falls onto the ground and breaks his arm from the fall.
Elf C
2-1=1. He sinks into the ground and loses his shape in the mud.
Elf E
5-1=4. He clings to a flaming tree to stay up, and gets cooked a little. Jetman123's elf nose can smell the delicious scent of cooked flesh even underground and he grows hungry.

More seriously,I attempt to manipulate immortal into fixing my legs.
You won't believe this.
2. You attempt to get Immortal to fix your legs but he's angry at you for climbing onto his head.

I use my newfound hippie powers to try to create some wooden armor, so I at least won't be as naked.
6. You manipulate some roots to grow around you and pull you out of the ground. They then form into some root armor (+1 dodge against unarmed attacks).

i attempt to become absolutely completely immune to all forms of heat
5. You become completely heatproof.

I possess a large branch of the tree nearest the flesh golem.
1. You attempt to possess the tree, but your possession powers were so wimpy that its spirit was too strong for you. You were overpowered (-1 possession for 2 turns).

Darn healing ain't working. Im going to pee petrol all over the burning tree, hopefully producing a massive stream of firey doom.
4. One of the flaming trees is somewhat soaked in gasoline (+1 to the burning roll this round).

I use my matter manipulation to make myself a pick from melted stone and sand stuffs..
3. You manage to make a crude shovel with the materials, but it wouldn't really help with digging so you discard it.

Omath Erius attempts to possess some air so he can be an air golem since everyone's goleming right now.
2. He can't gather enough air to make a golem.

Akroma tries to pull her hands out of the ground.
2. She struggles to pull them out but can't.

Cyx is in a dark cavern. Looking around, he can't see a hole or any elves, so he can't be in the place down the hole. He searches for an exit.
2. He can't see a thing and ends up stubbing his toe against a stalagmite.

Elf C tries to gather the buried underwear back together.
5. The earth rumbles as the underwear golem rises from the ground. It is covered in dirt.

Elf E punches Akroma.
3. It punches the tree Akroma is standing next to, knocking it out of the ground.

Forest fire roll! There are 2 trees on fire.
3+1=4. Once again, it doesn't go to any other trees but doesn't weaken.

Jetman123: Naked. Is an elf. Wearing root armor (+1 dodge against unarmed attacks).
Sir Edmund: Naked. Wielding a conservative whip of torture (+1 to attacking liberals). Broken face (-1 thought, -1 charisma, -1 attacking). Broken arm (-1 arm use). Legs buried in dirt (-2 movement).
Wooty: A ghost.
Immortal: Naked. Wearing a suit of bark armor (+1 to block against blunt attacks). Has weak matter manipulation. Light bleeding. Lightly bruised arm. In the leaf shelter (+1 to hiding).
SHAD0Wdump: Naked. Slightly transparent, in the leaf shelter (+2 to hiding). Wielding a small pick (+1 to digging). Both broken legs (-3 movement).
Poltifar: Is a huge adamantine flaming greatsword. Bonded to Cyx's torn-off hand. Stuck in another tree and lightly dented. Fireproof. Plotting something.
Akroma: Naked. Bruised leg. Holding elven clothes. Hands buried in dirt (-2 hand use).
Cyx: Naked. One hand. A broken arm.
Omath Erius: A ghost.
Sean Mirrsen: A dirt golem.
Elf C: A large underwear golem. Covered in dirt.
Elf E: A large flesh golem.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 03:22:48 pm by penguinofhonor »

Jetman123

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Bauxite Turbojet!!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dodge - I'm a dirty thief and we seriously don't have enough of thes
« Reply #136 on: September 04, 2008, 10:13:41 pm »

Just because I'm so nice and seem to be having good luck, I'll try to use said hippy powers to make the roots grow into the ground to stabilize it, and stop the sinking. Assuming that's impossible, I'll try to eat Elf E. What? I'm not originally an elf, it's not cannibalism!

I think you also forgot to mention my newfound dodge bonus in the status. :P
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 10:22:34 pm by Jetman123 »
When dwarves want to commit suicide, then by Armok, they _will_ commit suicide, even if they have to spend the rest of their lives working at it!

Wooty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dodge - I'm a dirty thief and we seriously don't have enough of these
« Reply #137 on: September 04, 2008, 10:20:36 pm »

I attempt to learn how to somewhat manipulate matter, instead of possessing trees and small woodland creatures. If I already can, I pick up some rocks.
Quote from: Toady One
It's important to wear lots of face paint while you program. And you can type with your long Gene Simmons tongue.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dodge - I'm a dirty thief and we seriously don't have enough of thes
« Reply #138 on: September 05, 2008, 12:13:25 am »

damn, missed a round

CURSE YOU SPORE!

Hmm, when I am stuck to the ground and can't get free, time to do it right. I attempt to de-evolve into a worm and dig into the ground.
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Cyx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 05, 2008, 06:57:59 am »

I attempt to turn into a stalagmite golem.

( I forgot to post yesterday, sorry. Also, I hope my broken arm is the handless one.)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 07:02:25 am by Cyx »

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 05, 2008, 07:00:12 am »

Akroma, you got spore?
DAMN! I WANT SPORE TOO!
just because i can't have spore RIGHT NOW and other people ALREADY have it, i radiate the heat of a supernova out from myself and into a large radius around me!!!
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Sir Edmund

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 05, 2008, 09:24:55 am »

i use my whip to indiana jones my way out of the quickdirt, using a non-burning tree.
EE
E@E
EEE

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 05, 2008, 09:41:55 am »

GAH!!!

I hand immortal my pick,I'm not using it for much anyway.

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 05, 2008, 05:42:27 pm »

I heal Shadow with my matter manipulation.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 06, 2008, 10:25:03 pm »

This thread gets the S^4 (Strife's Seal of Semi-Sastisfaction).

And yes I did dock for the overly long name.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 06, 2008, 10:54:27 pm »

Thanks, Strife! I'll fix that after I post this.

Only 8 people. Omath Erius is available, and Sean Mirrsen will be too if he doesn't post next turn. He's been posting in his thread, but neglecting this one. He will be punished.

Also, Akroma, you get a -1 to your next roll because I'm jealous of you having Spore. Actually, that wouldn't be fair. But it's what I should do.

I'll try to eat Elf E. What? I'm not originally an elf, it's not cannibalism!
The dirt has hardened again. I'm sorry I didn't tell everyone.
3. You run up to him and manage to nibble on a little of his delicious flesh, but he pushes you off.

I attempt to learn how to somewhat manipulate matter, instead of possessing trees and small woodland creatures.
4. You learn how to weakly manipulate matter.

Hmm, when I am stuck to the ground and can't get free, time to do it right. I attempt to de-evolve into a worm and dig into the ground.
4. You don't turn into a worm, but you gain the ability to eat dirt.

I attempt to turn into a stalagmite golem.
You concentrate on the stalagmites, and one grows around your hand. But it stops there (-1 movement, -1 arm use).

just because i can't have spore RIGHT NOW and other people ALREADY have it, i radiate the heat of a supernova out from myself and into a large radius around me!!!
I'm as angry (about Spore, Strife) as you are, so +1!
2+1=3. You launch a fireball that hits a tree, which catches on fire. There are now 3 burning trees.

i use my whip to indiana jones my way out of the quickdirt, using a non-burning tree.
4. You wrap your whip around a tree and pull, but only manage to pull one foot out (only -1 movement now). You pull your whip back.

I hand immortal my pick,I'm not using it for much anyway.
5 (I can't believe you wasted a 5 on this). You hand Immortal your pick.

I heal Shadow with my matter manipulation.
1. You are inexperienced with manipulating living stuff, so you end up making bone jut out of his legs in several places (-1 more movement, medium bleeding).

Sean Mirrsen uses his dirt powers to sink into the cavern Cyx is in.
5. He sinks down and falls from the ceiling, landing expertly.

Omath Erius still wants to golem, so he tries to summon an elephant from another dimension to become an elephant golem.
1. A dimensional portal opens up and an angry elephant comes out. The sound of rejoicing dwarves is heard from the portal before it closes.

NPC Moves!
Elf C tries to smother the elephant!
Dodge roll!
1. He wraps around the elephant and absorbs it, becoming an elephant-underwear golem. I would love for someone to draw one of those.

Elf E tries to grab Poltifar.
2. Poltifar is on a side of a tree facing away from the flesh golem, so he can't find him.

Forest fire roll! There are currently 3 trees burning.
5. Another tree catches on fire.

Jetman123: Naked. Is an elf. Wearing root armor (+1 dodge against unarmed attacks).
Sir Edmund: Naked. Wielding a conservative whip of torture (+1 to attacking liberals). Broken face (-1 thought, -1 charisma, -1 attacking). Broken arm (-1 arm use). One leg buried in dirt (-1 movement).
Wooty: A ghost. Has weak matter manipulation.
Immortal: Naked. Wearing a suit of bark armor (+1 to block against blunt attacks).Wielding a small pick (+1 to digging). Has weak matter manipulation. Light bleeding. Lightly bruised arm. In the leaf shelter (+1 to hiding).
SHAD0Wdump: Naked. Slightly transparent, in the leaf shelter (+2 to hiding). Both broken and mangled legs (-3 movement). Medium bleeding.
Poltifar: Is a huge adamantine flaming greatsword. Bonded to Cyx's torn-off hand. Stuck in another tree and lightly dented. Fireproof.
Akroma: Naked. Bruised leg. Holding elven clothes. Hands buried in dirt (-2 hand use).
Cyx: Naked. One hand. A broken arm. Other hand trapped in a stalagmite (-1 movement, -1 arm use).
Omath Erius: A ghost.
Sean Mirrsen: A dirt golem.
Elf C: A large elephant-underwear golem. Covered in dirt.
Elf E: A large flesh golem.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 05:43:38 pm by penguinofhonor »

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 06, 2008, 11:10:43 pm »

I'm as angry as you are, so +1!
2+1=3. You launch a fireball that hits a tree, which catches on fire. There are now 3 burning trees.

I do hope that was about spore as opposed to my dislike of the former title . . .
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Wooty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Penguinofhonor's Roll to Dodge
« Reply #147 on: September 06, 2008, 11:21:09 pm »

Roll for the forest fire? Unless I missed something.

I attempt to heal shadowdump's right leg (The only difference between healing someone and attacking them is that they can't dodge your "healing")
Quote from: Toady One
It's important to wear lots of face paint while you program. And you can type with your long Gene Simmons tongue.

Devath

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Insane Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 07, 2008, 01:54:21 am »

I take Omath Erius!
I attempt to form a fire golem.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup." - Unknown

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 07, 2008, 02:06:35 am »

:O that damned elf E / golem / whatever, how DARE he attempt to pick me up?!? i use Cyx's severed hand to pull me out of the tree with enough force to have me flying into elf E :P
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 108