Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 108

Author Topic: Penguinofhonor's RTD ROUND 2 Turn 31.5 Help update the statuses! (12/15)  (Read 142223 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: Penguinofhonor's Roll to Dodge ROUND 2
« Reply #660 on: November 03, 2008, 08:18:33 pm »

Oh damn I've done one roll and someone's already missing a leg.

Mulch Diggums

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hey urist! I think that cat is having a seizure!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: November 03, 2008, 08:24:20 pm »

Oh god that rocks :D Who ever lost it, let me fuse it back to you using necromanic...magicks. Yeah.
ooooo! Swamp wiskey! Yeah!!

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: November 03, 2008, 08:40:20 pm »

If it's me, feel free mulch

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: November 03, 2008, 08:45:00 pm »

Oh, God, awful rolls for everyone. A couple people have been tied up and Sean is blind, although it isn't all bad for him.

Jetman123

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Bauxite Turbojet!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: November 03, 2008, 08:49:38 pm »

I charge in in support of the head monk and bash the regular elephant with my rock. Take that, you pachyderm!
When dwarves want to commit suicide, then by Armok, they _will_ commit suicide, even if they have to spend the rest of their lives working at it!

Wooty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: November 03, 2008, 08:51:09 pm »

Stop keeping us in suspense! Tell me how many legs I have already :(
Quote from: Toady One
It's important to wear lots of face paint while you program. And you can type with your long Gene Simmons tongue.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: November 03, 2008, 09:05:59 pm »

Why do this kind of thing to us?

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: November 03, 2008, 09:54:37 pm »

He said he had done one roll, and I was the first to post an action, so I'm guessing it's me.  After all, if I fail to back away from the elephant, that would lead to me being attacked by said elephant, and therefore missing a leg, which was crushed by said elephant.

Honestly though, penguin, you're worse than Sean :P
All generalizations are false....including this one.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: November 03, 2008, 09:57:06 pm »

Yes, I am. 90% done with the turn, though. And, yeah, Frelock, I hope you didn't like your leg too much.

Just NPC rolls and statuses now, so be patient.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2008, 10:22:04 pm by penguinofhonor »

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: November 03, 2008, 10:22:22 pm »

Stop keeping us in suspense! Tell me how many legs I have already :(
This is rather amusing when taken out of context.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: November 03, 2008, 10:47:23 pm »

I count 13 or 14 people. That's enough.

Turn 6

I back off a ways and observe the elephants, trying to sense any weaknesses.
1. You lose sight of the elephants through the trees and attempt to back off. After a minute or two, you turn around and see the huge stone elephant glaring at you. It attacks, (dodge=1+1) and you get kicked in the leg, (damage=2-3) and your leg gets torn off by the power of the strike (one leg, -2 movement, -1 dodge, heavy bleeding, -1 thought from pain).

I develop control over electricity.(if possible I'd like it to be a deep red color for aesthetics)
5. You meditate and concentrate on electricity manipulation, grabbing a book while you're at it, and gain powers. You now have electricity manipulation powers (not weak).

I'll keep an eye on that massive stone elephant and try to understand what powers it, and how to manipulate its energies.
2. You concentrate on the stone elephant but realize that it's made of matter, not energy, and give up.

I yell at the elephants, trying to make one stomp on the hole I'm in so I can stab it in the foot. Don't try to tell me I'm not in the hole. I rolled a five. I deserve to be in the hole.
2. You start to yell at the elephants but realize that you're not actually in the hole, so you stop so as to not draw attention to yourself.

1. I use my pyrokinesis on the elephant, looking as nonchalant as possible.
Three actions are fine. Along with branching actions. But no more than that.
6. You decide that looking nonchalant is not as good as looking fucking awesome, and turn and strike a pose of great power as you hurl a giant fireball at the elephant. (dodge=1) The fireball hits the elephant right in the center of its body, (damage=6-1) but the flames lick around the elephant, only singing its hair.

I look around for a heavy, blunt weapon.
1. You search around the room for a weapon, but a monk, annoyed by the other adventurers rushing in and taking stuff, stops you and ties you up (-2 movement, -1 dodge). He laughs at your helplessness.

yes I do, I repeat my last action
2. You look around and, in a moment of paranoia, decide that all the possible places to hide look way too dangerous. You clutch the ring to your chest, and don't remember to put it on.

I punch the elephant LIKE THE FIST OF THE MOTHERFUCKING NORTHSTAR JESUS CHRIST!
2. You try to move to attack the elephant, but you're held back by your pain. You clutch your wounds and grimace.

MMMMm.... I take more cloth from the cloth line and make myself a necromanic cloak, complete with scaryish looking hood of course! Make it black. Heres hopeing for some necromanic buffs!!
1. You grab some cloth, but the same monk that grabbed Chaoticag ties you up as well (-2 movement, -1 dodge). Everyone on the first floor now has -1 to stealing things since the monks are watching you.

I use my mad alchemic powers to create some "anything to flesh" serum from a random coconut, just in case I'll need it to restore my body.
I help Sean in making his serum, while trying to garner some knowledge of Alchemy from him.
Sean: 1
Poltifar: 6
Sean, not used to his new hands, manages to be a bumbling fool when preparing the potion, but Poltifar follows Sean's instructions and makes the potion, gaining alchemical powers from the experience. Sean also gains a small amount of alchemical experience. Poltifar hands the potion to Sean.
Sean's mutations:
1. Your eyes turn into clear crystal spheres, which look cool but don't actually function as eyes (blind, -2 accuracy, -1 dodge, -1 movement).
4. The crystal alters its composition to send signals to Sean's brain, which show him a series of complicated and magical patterns (+1 thought, +1 magic use).
Hint: although your power will suffer while attempting to alchemize living things, you can alchemize parts of Sean that have been turned into other substances without penalty.

I try to crush the elephant(either one) into the ground(with gravity).
This probably won't be enough on it's own without soft dirt and assistance, but it WILL be practice.
4. You increase the normal elephant's gravity considerably, making it hard for it to move (-1 dodge, -1 movement).

I practice training healing power to be more powerful, since seem evading was not worth my time gaining.
3. You gain a small amount of healing experience, enough to get you to the next level. You now have +1 to using your healing powers.

I jump at the normal elephant and bite its eye off.
2-1=1. You charge at the normal elephant but it overcomes its increased gravity for a moment and charges at you. (Dodge=5+1) You jump out of the way into the air and come back down with a powerful kick, (dodge=2-1, damage=6-1) which hits the elephant in the head but does little more than make him blink.

I charge in in support of the head monk and bash the regular elephant with my rock. Take that, you pachyderm!
2. You find your rock hard to carry, and spend a bit of time getting used to its weight.

The head monk sees Jetman's attempted attack and decides to pull off a successful one to show off his leadership and superiority.
6. He jumps in the air and comes down (dodge=2-1) right on the elephant's head, where there's a small bruise from where Jetman hit it! (damage=1-2) The elephant's skull caves in with the force of the blow, and the monk turns around and grins at Jetman.

The giant stone elephant takes the opportunity to smash the head monk into little pieces.
2. It almost falls over from its leg and spends some time trying to stabilize itself. Jetman looks at it sympathetically and wonders if it's really all evil.

The younger monk tries to patch up Akroma's wounds using any nearby herbs.
6. The herbs fully heal Akroma, but one of them put her in a berserk rage (can only attack for two turns, +2 damage and -1 accuracy while it lasts). The monk hopes that the huge elephant doesn't go down easily so Akroma can take her rage out on it while her anger subsides.

Status
Spoiler: This is pretty long (click to show/hide)

Artifacts
Spoiler: Fortuna Aurea (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Color-changing ring (click to show/hide)

Locations
The First Floor: A lavishly decorated temple to the god Ecid. Monks are walking around busily. The monks are suspicious of you, so all characters on this floor get -1 to stealing.
The Second Floor: A dense jungle filled with many slightly hostile plants and animals. There is a small stone temple somewhere among the trees.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 10:30:30 pm by penguinofhonor »

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: November 03, 2008, 11:25:05 pm »

I stop the bleeding through any means available to me, learning a little about first aid as I go (could use some help here).
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: November 03, 2008, 11:30:01 pm »

just posting so this shows up in my "new replies" I'm eagerly awaiting someone's demise so that I can get in on this *evil laugh*
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

Wooty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: November 03, 2008, 11:33:54 pm »

Using my scalpel, I practice my healing skills on Frelock.
Quote from: Toady One
It's important to wear lots of face paint while you program. And you can type with your long Gene Simmons tongue.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: November 03, 2008, 11:38:45 pm »

O.o

Figures my luck waxes when others wane.

Also,statuses are not updated fully.

Imma going for teleportation.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2008, 11:48:10 pm by SHAD0Wdump »
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 108