Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 108

Author Topic: Penguinofhonor's RTD ROUND 2 Turn 31.5 Help update the statuses! (12/15)  (Read 142294 times)

Jetman123

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Bauxite Turbojet!!
    • View Profile
Re: Penguinofhonor's Roll to Dodge ROUND 2
« Reply #525 on: October 20, 2008, 05:27:43 am »

If an attempt to make a weapon out of the amulet fails, I will take the amulet next turn, just because nobody else does. :P Neat description and setting.

My toga shall be a bright red!

For my first action I will attempt to have the monks teach me some basic unarmed combat asking if they perform anything like that first, or if they're the writing-and-religion-only type of monks.
When dwarves want to commit suicide, then by Armok, they _will_ commit suicide, even if they have to spend the rest of their lives working at it!

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: October 20, 2008, 04:33:49 pm »

Huh. Disappointing rolls for pretty much everyone.

Mulch Diggums

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hey urist! I think that cat is having a seizure!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: October 20, 2008, 04:46:37 pm »

Aw
ooooo! Swamp wiskey! Yeah!!

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: October 20, 2008, 05:00:54 pm »

bollocks. next turn I ask the monks what the seeds and trees are

oh okay.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 06:33:19 pm by Jackrabbit »

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: October 20, 2008, 05:55:48 pm »

With such a large number of people, I probably should have expected that some of them wouldn't show. But we have the majority of people done, so I'll roll these.

And Jetman, artifacts can't be destroyed or reformed. They can be enchanted, though.

Jackrabbit, the seeds and trees are just a neat visual representation of the results of the various rolls.

---

Round 1

Cyx is the only member of the group that is willing to take the amulet. He steps forward and the head monk hands it to him. He doesn't put it on yet, wary of its power.
I'm going to update the rules post with some inventory rules after I get this round done, so check that.

I attempt to learn how to revive people, other players and more, and I certainly do not want the amulet of extremes.  If necessary, I will pray to this 'Ecid' in order to learn how to revive others.
Little do you know, you're praying to Ecid every time you get a roll. That's how people worship the god of chance.
3. You gain weak resurrection powers through your prayer. Weak powers mean that you won't get anything on a three, but fours will work for some things. With resurrections, people being resurrected with a 4 will probably come back unconscious.

I learn the art of sneakiness, using what ever I have around me, shadows included.
5. You gain the power to hide without much cover. When you're hiding, enemies will attack other players before you. You cannot hide in places that don't have shadows or cover.

I attempt learn the power of healing knowing you need to know it before you can revive someone.
3. You now have weak healing powers.

I practice my mixed martial arts forms.
2. Despite your practice, you can't manage to learn anything particularly useful.

I wander around, seeing what information i can gather as to be fully prepared for the challenge.
1. You run around trying to ask monks about the tower, and one tells you a particularly tough riddle that he says will tell you the secret of the tower. You ponder it for a while, but can't get anything from it but a headache (-1 to thought-based actions for 2 turns).

I'll solidify the air into a good sized sword. Something light enough that it isn't a burden, but heavy enough to do damage.
1. You concentrate on the air and whip your hand around in some fancy patterns, and end up smacking your hand into a solid gold statue of a branch. A thorny branch (injured hand, light bleeding).

Anyway, since everybody is doing it, I'll attempt to develop divination skills.
2. You meditate on divination, but you can't seem to gain any powers.

I'll go with everyone else and attempt to learn how to heal. White toga.
3. After some deep thought and talking with a healer monk briefly, you grasp the basics of the art of healing. You now have weak healing skills.

I pull out a lighter and light one up. While I do so, I attempt to learn pyrokinesis and its subtleties.
3. You examine the flame on your cigarette, and learn weak pyrokinesis. Your cigarette goes out and you discreetly drop it in a fancy jar.

I attempt to develop super-strength!
3. You pick up some heavy gold weights and try to weightlift with them, but end up dropping them. You quickly pick them back up and put them where they were. A monk glares at you.

I look around the temple for any wearable/wieldable equipment they might have stuck in as decoration, and take whatever I find for myself. If it's a sword stuck in a rock, I take it along with the rock. :P
5. You search the room and manage to steal a few things without the monks noticing. You now have a heavy gold sword (+2 damage, -1 accuracy, weak material) and some silver gauntlets (+1 defense against parry attacks).

Simply climbing up stairs is not fun. I attempt to summon the creature called "mean-black-building-eater"
This creature will endlessly gnaw on the foundatons of the building, and every few turns, the lowest level will disappear, with everything in it
3. You try to summon a creature, but you cannot gather the powers to do so.

For my first action I will attempt to have the monks teach me some basic unarmed combat asking if they perform anything like that first, or if they're the writing-and-religion-only type of monks.
2. You hear that some of the monks might know how to fight, but you can't find any that do.

Status
Spoiler: This is pretty long (click to show/hide)

Artifacts
Spoiler: Fortuna Aurea (click to show/hide)

Locations
The First Floor: A lavishly decorated temple to the god Ecid. Monks are walking around busily.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: October 20, 2008, 06:34:52 pm »

I ask the monks to teach me the secrets of pyrokenisis (is that how you spell it?)

Wooty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: October 20, 2008, 06:41:11 pm »

Akroma, we're working together to get to the top. Stop trying to topple the dice tower D=

I find something that I can sharpen into a dagger and do so.
Quote from: Toady One
It's important to wear lots of face paint while you program. And you can type with your long Gene Simmons tongue.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #532 on: October 20, 2008, 06:48:04 pm »

I learn to temporarily reverse gravity on objects, people, and myself.
Eh?
Eh!

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: October 20, 2008, 06:55:17 pm »

???

I get a three and fail to develop super-strength,but everyone else who got a 3 got their powers in a weak form?

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: October 20, 2008, 07:30:59 pm »

Powers are different than strength. Super strength is more useful because you get a bonus to every melee attack, so it's harder to get.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: October 20, 2008, 07:43:58 pm »

|:\
So if I asked for telekinesis instead I'd have a potentially more flexible ability for less fuss?

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: October 20, 2008, 07:48:07 pm »

Stop challenging my judgement. It seemed appropriate at the time. And it still does, considering super strength would give you a bonus to every attack, which could add on to bonuses from weapons and all that. You can't get weapons to increase telekinesis and it takes several attempts to learn it if you want a bonus.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: October 20, 2008, 07:51:09 pm »

Can you blame me for feeling ripped off?

Well then I attempt to eat Fortuna Aurea.

Akroma, we're working together to get to the top. Stop trying to topple the dice tower D=
I missed this,ironically I was literally going to try to topple the tower with the super-strength.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 07:57:08 pm by SHAD0Wdump »

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: October 20, 2008, 07:56:48 pm »

Horrible things could happen there. And that's what makes that action awesome.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: October 20, 2008, 08:00:21 pm »

Hey if someone actually does manage to cause destruction to the tower(minor or not)will that person will gain the wrath of Ecid?
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 108