Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A Few Questions... (again)  (Read 912 times)

magikarcher

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Poster
    • View Profile
A Few Questions... (again)
« on: August 24, 2008, 12:18:47 am »

1. How, without killing, do I make it so I only start with one dwarf?
2. Should I download dwarf companion if I am planning on playing a Community Story?
3. Any suggestions for doing a community story?
4. How do I insert images?

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: A Few Questions... (again)
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2008, 12:47:26 am »

1. Sadly, you can't.  With Tweak, you can change the number of starting dwarves to more than 7, but not less.  Killing is the only way to do it (starvation in a death chamber w/coffins is good, also carp/other fish).

2.  You don't have to, DF compainion will help you manage your dwarves, and perhaps "fix" a few things here and there, but it isn't necessary to play the game.

3.  I would recommend taking a look at http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=19299.msg196908#msg196908

4. If you're talking about screenshots of DF, use ALT-Printscreen, open up Paint, paste it there, save it as a PNG (at least, that's what I would recommend), and then post it to a image-hosting site (I use Photobucket) after that, use the "[img]" tag you will find on that website, and paste it into your post.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 12:53:47 am by Frelock »
All generalizations are false....including this one.

magikarcher

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2008, 01:05:15 am »

Okay. Thank you, and what is Tweak?

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2008, 01:21:32 am »

Okay. Thank you, and what is Tweak?
As the DF wiki states: A toolset with many modules for tweaking / editing Dwarf Fortress memory. Here is a list of the core modules.

Edit: And looking at the Core Modules page it seems you can start with just one dwarf.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 01:24:34 am by Ziusudra »
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.