Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Volcanism Rejects  (Read 854 times)

magikarcher

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Poster
    • View Profile
Volcanism Rejects
« on: August 22, 2008, 03:13:22 pm »

Whenever I increase minimum volcanism I get massive amounts of rejects. I once had over 1000 rejects with 100/100 volcanism! I finally exited out. Is it just that I am not patient, or that it will not be able to gen a world with that much volcanism?

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Volcanism Rejects
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 03:16:07 pm »

i had this same problem and as for me i had to set the minimum back to 0 for it to not have infinite rejects. i would recommend setting a high number of volcanoes to get some good spots.
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2008, 03:17:21 pm »

Hi!

Just to make sure, you did remember to nullify the two volcanism minima for low and middle volcanism at the very end of the list of parameters, didn't you?

Otherwise, try 99/100 and see if that works. Volcanism doesn't seem to affect biomes, so if all other things are reasonable, you should theoretically get a working world.

I do suggest, though, allowing for up to 2,000 or 3,000 rejects and careful look at the complaint screens you get in between. They can sometimes give good hints in such situations.

Deathworks

magikarcher

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2008, 03:21:20 pm »

DEATHWORKS! YOU ARE A GENIUS!! Thank you!! That worked!!

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2008, 03:24:15 pm »

Hi!

Excuse me for asking, but which suggestion actually helped in your case? The minima or the 99/100? I have never gone for such extremely narrow settings, so I am curious about this.

Deathworks