Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

Author Topic: Dwarven Madmen- Sucsession Contest  (Read 26579 times)

kurisukun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven Madmen- Sucsession Contest
« Reply #120 on: November 04, 2008, 01:05:54 pm »

Dresdor is up. lets hope he's still here, and he can make an interesting report ^__^

dresdor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vgtheory.blogspot.com
« Reply #121 on: November 04, 2008, 08:45:39 pm »

From the personal log of Dresdor, Drunk.

For some strange reason, the others have put me in charge of all important construction matters at this madhouse for the next season.  Something about our mayor wanting a holiday or something.  I guess they figure a drunk like me can't screw things up too badly for three months. 

The only problem is that we literally have no booze what so ever.  How am I to run this place on a sober mind?  Oh well, that problem is easily fixed.  I've mandated some rum be made!

And since I'm not mayor nobody listened.

Oh well.  I've noticed this huge wall around the whole of our fortress.  I don't like the idea of us being walled in this mad house.  Makes me think that someone is trying to kill us.  Luckily, my cat fluffy, told me about the plot and I set out to rectify it immediately.  I've ordered the wall removed, with all available dwarf power.  Not only that, I've ordered the whole lot of rocks thrown into the river to try and dam it!  I'm not sure that it will work, but it's worth trying!  I'm so smart!

The next entry reads:

Those guys are quite funny.  See, they told me that the lever to the drawbridge was here, and so I pull it, only to find the floodgate to the magma pits open!  Hahahaha! Luckily there was no magma.  I've ordered the whole thing removed and replaced with a level actually attached to the drawbridge.

Come to think of it, we have no drawbridge!  Masons!  Do your job!

A latter entry continues:

We have had no fewer than six births in this madhouse in the last week.  I know none of them are mine.  Still, that's a lot of babies.

TRAGEDY!!! While removing some suspicious construction to trap us, several dwarves have fallen into the chasm.  They will be missed.  WHERE'S MY RUM?

The second to last entry reads:

They are everywhere.  Yes...sabateurs...crazies...dwarves with looks in their eyes.  Yes...they almost got us, but we escaped.  Fluffy and me...we managed to outsmart them.  Dropping a roof on us, that was smart, but we are too smart for them.  Seal the whole fortress in...yes...then they will know the suffering we know.  Yes...pull the bridge lever and seal them all in.  Yes....

The final entry reads:
Noises...lots of noises....more ceiling to kill us?  No...They won't get us...I will wait where they least expect...yes...where it's warm...yes....

At the bottom of the journal is a drawing of a tentacle demon.  The tentacle demon is embracing a dwarf, and scooping out his brain.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=637

Skizelo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 04, 2008, 09:09:34 pm »

YOU'RE the one whose secret mission is to kill us all!
Glad I'm not following that.

kurisukun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 04, 2008, 11:34:29 pm »

Beautifully done.  I'm enjoying this immensely.

This could go on for quite some time.

Wait... we had a drawbridge lever?   And no Drawbridge?   I find that very funny.

dresdor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 05, 2008, 01:51:16 am »

Actually I was trying to figure out what was going on with the fort...too much weird stuff.

Oh and during the course of removing some towers and walls, I crashed a good sized section of the floor through three layers of the fort....then did it again above the main entrance through about 12 z-levels.  I also accidently started flooding the chasm with magma and water. 

Mining to the magma was my vain attempt to kill off my dorf, but alas he ran away fast enough to survive.  Hopefully it will leak down and seal up the water pouring into the chasm.  Otherwise,s top it up with a wall ASAP before it slowly flows into the stairwell.

kurisukun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 05, 2008, 08:32:39 am »

I gave up trying to make sense of this fort after the schwastika bedrooms.

ya'll are a bunch of freaking madmen.

Boksi, you're up.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 08:48:44 am by kurisukun »

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 05, 2008, 08:50:06 am »

schwastika

SAAAAAUUUUWWWAAAAASSSSTIIIIKKAAAAA!!!!

Ahem.

I'll download the save now.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 05, 2008, 10:02:14 am »

-1st Granite, 206

Ah, what a nice and wondrful nap I had! Hibernation sure is wonderful, but now that spring has arrived I had better tend to my fortress! Alright, let's see...

what.

We have no walls anymore, the lower levels are flooding, our drink situation is horrible, someone is pouring all our magma into the chasm, we have no walls anymore, our military is tiny, our drink situation is horrible, we have no traps, we have no walls anymore, a large section of the cavern must've collapsed on our heads, our drink situation is horrible, we have no walls anymore AND OUR DRINKS SITUATION IS ABSOLUTELY ABYSMAL!

More stills! Cover those holes up! Pull those levers - wait, someone ordered them deconstructed?! Those sneaks! Competition is heating up, that much is obvious... Hmph, I think I'll speed up a certain project...

AUGH! MORE MAGMA! WHO THE FUCK FUCKING ORDERED THIS FUCKING SUICIDAL CLUSTERFUCK OF A FUCKING TUNNEL TO FUCKING KILL US ALL WITH THIS FUCKING MAGMA! FUCK! I FUCKING NEED SOME FUCKING STRONGER FUCKING CURSE WORDS!

And everybody is unhaaaaappyyyyy...... This place is a madhouse...

It... It's perfect.

(name here)

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 05, 2008, 03:30:14 pm »

Only dots can convey my reaction to dresdor's turn properly.

If his job is to kill the fortress, it sounds like he's doing a fine job of it.
Only in Dwarf Fortress would you try to catch a mermaid to butcher her and make trophies out of her bones 

dresdor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 05, 2008, 04:17:34 pm »

Maybe my goal is to drain the magma pipe...by clogging it with dwarven bodies...

Seriously, I did that for the same reason I deconstructed the walls.  I know I'm messing with someone's megaproject.  Someone had a bridge partially constructed to get the magma halfway into the chasm, and was setting up a way to controllably dump water into the chasm from the bottom level.  So I flooded the bottom level by removing their floodgates, and removed the bridge so that the magma just dumps directly in. 

The digging to the magma thing I jsut thought was a funny way for Dresdor to kill himself...it didn't work.  There's always next year.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 05, 2008, 04:23:58 pm »

Herself, dresdor, herself.

Anyway, you can't be sure the wall was someone's megaproject :P

I'll say this to you: my megaproject is not the wall, but something far more... insidious >:3

(name here)

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 05, 2008, 04:31:48 pm »

The walls were also not my megaproject. "seal the chasm" does seem like a likely megaproject, though.
Only in Dwarf Fortress would you try to catch a mermaid to butcher her and make trophies out of her bones 

kurisukun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 05, 2008, 04:50:29 pm »

Funnily enough, Dresdor, When I let your save run, Dresdor IMMEDIATLY died from the heat.

So.....  Yea.

Seal the chasm is too easy a megaproject.   As is "build a wall"  I build walls around my fortresses all the time.

Now...  Permanently fill the Chasm with Magma...  that sounds more like a mega project to me.  ^_~

(Oh, and beautiful update so far boksi.)

dresdor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 06, 2008, 01:25:49 pm »

can the chasm even be redlined like the days of old anymore?

(name here)

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 06, 2008, 04:26:36 pm »

can the chasm even be redlined like the days of old anymore?

Doesn't have to. nothing spawns anymore.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12