Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Superdwarfs, no food, drink or sleep.  (Read 1934 times)

Guilliman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Superdwarfs, no food, drink or sleep.
« on: August 21, 2008, 04:35:55 pm »

Is it possible to create superdwarfs? Dwarfs that dont sleep, or eat and drink.

Always wanted to create a huge castle/fortress completly of adamantium (with reactions).

I always get distracted with my huge constructions due to food, drink and sleepy dwarfs.

So I'm wondering if that's possible,to do for the fun of it, loosing is getting boring ;(.

And if so, do i need to create a new world for it?

Teldin

• Bay Watcher
  • Canadian Bacon
    • View Profile
Re: Superdwarfs, no food, drink or sleep.
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2008, 04:38:20 pm »

Quite easily: Just open up your creature_standard.txt file, find the entry for dwarves, and add [NO_SLEEP] [NO_EAT] [NO_DRINK].

I don't remember if you have to gen a new world or not but I usually do just to be on the safe side. It's not like it takes very much time or anything.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2008, 05:31:35 pm »

I don't suggest spelling it adamantium.
First off, that's not what it is.
Secondly, you'd get errors if you used that in the raws.
Dwarves:
Add [NO_EAT][NO_SLEEP]<--may or may not have underscore[NO_DRINK] and change [DIURNAL] to [ALL_ACTIVE]
Adamantine:
[REACTION:MAGICADA]
[NAME:magic adamantine]
[SMELTER]
[PRODUCT:100:1:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:ADAMANTINE]
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Guilliman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2008, 06:04:15 pm »

[NO_SLEEP] [NO_EAT] [NO_DRINK] all worked :D

i already had an adamantine reaction saved somewhere, sorry for the missspelling :)

This is cool, already dug half a base inside the mountain on top of a chasm with zombie trolls, zombie antmen, zombie swalowmen (lol) and some other mean creatures. I used the utility, 30 legendary dwarfs, inc 10 legendary spearmen.
3 fell to their death within the month :< And i'm not allowing immigrants, lets see how long I last.

Thank you for the fast replies :) <3

Teldin

• Bay Watcher
  • Canadian Bacon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2008, 08:55:42 am »

Glad to help. :)

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2008, 09:38:10 am »

I do that no_nothing thing every time I want to make a tiny fort for the sole purpose of churning out adamantine armor for my adventurers.

XmasApe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2008, 11:00:16 am »

Forgive me for borrowing this thread, but I have a question that's not really worth a thread of its own and people in here seem to get creature tags. In an effort to toughen up my dwarfs I tried [NO_EXERT] [NO_STUN] [NO_BLEED] and it makes them fall into comas when they go to sleep for the first time. Does anyone know off-hand which one it is? I'd rather not have to load the game four times to find out.

Neoskel

• Bay Watcher
  • Read or the owl will eat you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2008, 02:44:05 pm »

Forgive me for borrowing this thread, but I have a question that's not really worth a thread of its own and people in here seem to get creature tags. In an effort to toughen up my dwarfs I tried [NO_EXERT] [NO_STUN] [NO_BLEED] and it makes them fall into comas when they go to sleep for the first time. Does anyone know off-hand which one it is? I'd rather not have to load the game four times to find out.

If you mean they display 'unconscious' while asleep, they always do that anyways.
Urist Mcsurvivalist has been accosted by edible vermin lately.

Goblins: The fourth iron ore.

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2008, 03:43:23 pm »

[ALL_WORK][NO_PLAY][DULL_BOY]

shackleton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2008, 12:13:21 pm »

Couldn't you just set them on [SPEED:1]? They'd probably finish the entire fort in less than a day.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2008, 12:30:43 pm »

[ALL_WORK][NO_PLAY][DULL_BOY][KILL_EVERYBODY]
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Teldin

• Bay Watcher
  • Canadian Bacon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2008, 01:37:15 pm »

Couldn't you just set them on [SPEED:1]? They'd probably finish the entire fort in less than a day.

You could do that, but without the NO_SLEEP and so forth they would work very quickly, then go to sleep, eat, drink still (just much faster than before).

Gen. Lee Outrageous

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2008, 12:17:52 am »

im having the same problem as this guy, when my dwarves go to sleep they never wake up (as in they have been sleeping for more than half a season!)

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2008, 01:30:16 am »

im having the same problem as this guy, when my dwarves go to sleep they never wake up (as in they have been sleeping for more than half a season!)
Have the body tags been modified in any way?
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

XmasApe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2008, 11:41:46 am »

Have the body tags been modified in any way?
I certainly didn't mess with them. Those listed tags were the only changes I made to the file, and it makes them sleep forever.
Pages: [1] 2