Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: my military masterplan failed me  (Read 1686 times)

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: my military masterplan failed me
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2008, 06:58:11 pm »

You can mod the entities file to strip off clothing for goblins.
i used to remove non-armor / non-weapon items from them, like socks and gloves. but i forgotten it this time before worldgen.
i like that world, and with the new autoforbid i just wait for the stuff to rot away.
albeit i dont know if this will work. there are lether caps lieing around for quite some jears now.
for the traps i only used spiked balls until now. no chunks, 3 hits á 100 damage + 1 critical. i never seen a crature surviving  a 3 balls weapon trap, even when made of wood with bad quality. for incrased gore fun (and thanks to Hyndis hint of the aditional bones)  i just installed some 10 steel discs traps at the entry - the mess they do is unreached by any other form of killing i wuld know.
however, my traps wont save the caravans, so i try to use dwarfs against ambushers and sigers as soon as i have a decent army.

btw, i just had my first encounter with deamons. all but one where tentakle ones, and the other did not fire fireballs, too.
they all got sliced intto tentakle sush, with the only bruising on my side was taken by a horse that must have gone lost there.
bit sad, maby next time i will dig for it bevore my army is all-multi-legendary.

there is something with the pit that seems to be problematic and where i culd need some help:
everywhere now brabbeling dwarf , elf and human idiots are running around, messing up my fps. does anyone knows a way how to get rid of them? as they are mad i think they will be entirely useless anyhow.

LegacyCWAL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2008, 11:10:13 pm »

for incrased gore fun (and thanks to Hyndis hint of the aditional bones)  i just installed some 10 steel discs traps at the entry
*goes back and reads the mentioned post*

AFAIK, you don't actually get extra bones for severing body parts.  What actually happens is that there's the same number of bones, just in multiple stacks rather than in one big batch of 6.
HIDE THE WOMEN AND DROWN THE CHILDREN, THE BARON HAS ARRIVED.

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2008, 05:12:02 am »

I think the corpse item spawns the number of bones the raws specify and each severed limb also spawns a bone.
Pages: 1 [2]