Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dead Liaison  (Read 1068 times)

magikarcher

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Poster
    • View Profile
Dead Liaison
« on: August 19, 2008, 03:33:58 pm »

What do I do about the dead Liaison I killed as a Hydra in adventurer mode? I have a hunch that you can't do anything about it and it will take years for a new one to be picked.

Grand_Marquis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dead Liaison
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008, 03:37:17 pm »

Not sure if you tried this yet, but you might have a better chance of finding a good answer to this here
 ;D

magikarcher

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2008, 03:56:51 pm »

No, this is relevant to DF mode. If I had killed someone like a shopkeeper or something, that would belong in the other forum. Dead shopkeepers don't effect gameplay in DF mode, dead Liaisons do.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2008, 04:02:16 pm »

I... don't really know. There doesn't seem to be a concensus as to whether dead liasons are replaced or not... However, I'm sure I've heard a few reports here and there of liasons eventually being replaced, but I'm not sure how long ago that was...
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Grand_Marquis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2008, 04:13:23 pm »

Oh,  I didn't realize things you did in adventure mode could even affect DF mode.  I'm always so frightened click on any starting button that isn't "continue game" on the main menu, for fear of it causing the fortress to be abandoned before I want it to be.  So when, on the rare occasion I do try adventure mode, I only ever do it with a back-up save that doesn't affect anything, so I don't have to worry about losing my shiny happy dwarfs.

I don't understand though...does this mean I could run a fortress, then go into adventure mode and loot said fortress, then return to DF and find all my precious valuables missing?

kurisukun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2008, 04:45:16 pm »

Nope.   He's talking about going to Adventure mods, killing the liason, and then starting up a new fortress in DF mode.   Because then there is no liason to show up at his fort.

You can't start a new game with a fort already running, or an adventurer out/about.

Christes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2008, 06:22:21 pm »

Oh,  I didn't realize things you did in adventure mode could even affect DF mode.  I'm always so frightened click on any starting button that isn't "continue game" on the main menu, for fear of it causing the fortress to be abandoned before I want it to be.  So when, on the rare occasion I do try adventure mode, I only ever do it with a back-up save that doesn't affect anything, so I don't have to worry about losing my shiny happy dwarfs.

I don't understand though...does this mean I could run a fortress, then go into adventure mode and loot said fortress, then return to DF and find all my precious valuables missing?

If by "return to DF" you mean reclaim the fortress, then absolutely.  You can't have an adventurer without abandoning your fortress, which pretty much leaves everything up for grabs.