Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Lobotomizing the Executable (or, How do I play with the Hardcoded Stuff?)  (Read 804 times)

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile

Just as it says. I would very much like to know how I can edit some of the hardcoded aspects in the game (Wagons, AI-built structures, etc.) so I can take a crack at some more complex modding. Anybody got some ideas?
Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

the_taken

• Bay Watcher
  • Oooooooh... shiny...
    • View Profile

Just as it says. I would very much like to know how I can edit some of the hardcoded aspects in the game (Wagons, AI-built structures, etc.) so I can take a crack at some more complex modding. Anybody got some ideas?

Source code? Toady ain't releasing it. To anybody. You'll have to hack it yourself, and noone will admit to travelling in those circles.
Totally Unrelated, Shameless Self Promotion: Battles of the Star Angels and Space Devils

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile

I travel in those circles.

Doom, the rule of thumb is: removing functionality is difficult, changing functionality is ten times as difficult, and adding new functionality is another ten times as difficult.

The mods you're talking about are not in any way beginner projects.  Sorry.

Make suggestions and hope.  Or make suggestions and promise donations if they're implemented.  Maybe bribery will work.

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile

Source code? Toady ain't releasing it. To anybody. You'll have to hack it yourself, and noone will admit to travelling in those circles.
or at leas none admit to travel in those circles ... :D
however me not ... really ...
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime