Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2 forbid on death bugs  (Read 1059 times)

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
2 forbid on death bugs
« on: August 18, 2008, 06:28:24 pm »

First, severed body parts don't seem to be forbidden no matter what your forbid on death settings are. Clothing/weapons/etc on those limbs are not forbidden either. I guess this might not technically be a bug, considering the creature is not always dead when it get's it's limbs chopped off but it's still rather annoying.

Second, if you have forbid own corpses enabled, when you butcher an animal it's products are forbidden. There is an exception for hunting, one for butchering would be nice too.

Edit: A third bug, when skeletons are slain the bones they leave behind are not forbidden either.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 06:37:33 pm by BurnedToast »
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Zeg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 2 forbid on death bugs
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008, 06:59:44 pm »

Additional to this, it appears armour isn't forbidden on drop. Not sure if it would be better to have armour included under 'items', or have its own setting.

... unless this counts as severed body parts if the head is severed. I didn't check the corpse thoughily enough to be sure, so I'll look next time.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2008, 04:20:16 am »

Okay, I've handled the case I've found -- butchery, severs and sever-drops.  I can't get armor to be a problem on death -- it could have been a sever-drop.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Zeg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2008, 08:16:36 pm »

Yah, the armour thing probably was severs, in any case its fixed now.

But I've hit another issue with the forbid drops. Vermin remains from cat hunting drop as forbidden (I have all the forbids on, so I don't know which specificly causes it, presumably other non-hunted), which naturally causes a whole lot of miasma from the rotting.

Technically, this isn't a bug since its working as intended on forbidding the corpses, stopping dwarves going outside to collect them along with all the other corpses on the battlefields. But its one of these specific cases where you can't have it both ways at the moment. Its a price to pay for slightly more safety, but possibly an unintended one heh.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2008, 06:49:57 pm »

Does that reproduce?  The vermin killing code doesn't go through any of the forbid stuff as far as I can tell looking at it here.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2008, 07:58:40 pm »

im pretty sure enemy body parts are forbidden in my game, so is armor.
no problem with butchered items, too.
all works fine with autoforbid here.

Zeg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2008, 05:17:36 pm »

Me again.

So, I made a test fortress (a whole pile of food in a storage cave and alot of cats), and I'm confused as to what exactly this bug is now.

With all the forbids off, everything seems to work fine, vermin corpses are unforbidden. With all the forbids on only some of the vermin corpses drop as forbidden. I doesn't seem to matter what species of vermin, or if its inside or outside. My next guess is that it possibly depends on if the cat is stray or owned as to if the vermin corpse gets forbidden or not.

HammerDave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2008, 01:19:19 am »

I've also had these annoying clouds of miasma, apparently from vermin.  It's on the default settings for the forbid screen, or at least I don't remember changing them.  ;)  Anyhow, it might have started after the cats started adopting dwarves, so maybe it does have to do with pet vs non-pet status.