Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 97

Author Topic: Spore  (Read 100032 times)

Rhodan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spore
« Reply #1260 on: June 30, 2009, 02:26:33 am »

EA already reduced attack frequency in one of their updates, but I have no idea by how much they reduced the frequency.  I do know I absolutely hate any kind of communication device beeping at me, whether in a game or real life.  Maybe I shouldn't work at a helpdesk...

I got Galactic Adventures.  So far it's kinda what I expected but the adventure creator seems a bit simplistic.  I haven't seen any kind of forked storyline options so far, so I'm sad.
I can think of a few ways to overcome this though... I'd have to check if non-goal conversations are possible.  In that case it's just a matter of guiding the Captain along different paths and end in the same goal area and perhaps "removing" the other conversation options.

A Dwarf Fortress adventure would be cool too.  Magma flooding the world, zombie carp walking the scorched earth, skeleton eagles, olmmen...  I think I know what I'll be doing tonight, and it's not your maternal figure.

Also, I've never seen one of those cube planets yet.  Can't seem to make them either. :(

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: June 30, 2009, 06:56:44 am »

But increasing the delays wouldn't fix anything, it would just increase the size of the empire you can have before it becomes a problem. Sooner or later you are still going to have to abandon your people and listen to their screams as their worlds crumble around them...

Not to mention how much fun it is to find out that you can't reach the goal because you haven't done enough random grinding...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: June 30, 2009, 07:19:56 am »

I don't get it.  By that point shouldn't you have enough income to buy Uber Turrets by the dozen?

And then before that, your empire should be small enough that defending it is easy.

And I've actually reached the center of the galaxy before.  Allied with the Grox (this is harder than you'd think) and slipped right past.  It would be entirely possible to fight your way through, of course.  People have done that as well.  It's entirely possible to reach the goal, it's just that it's tricky.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 07:23:02 am by LegoLord »
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: June 30, 2009, 07:27:53 am »

I don't get it.  By that point shouldn't you have enough income to buy Uber Turrets by the dozen?

And then before that, your empire should be small enough that defending it is easy.

And I've actually reached the center of the galaxy before.  Allied with the Grox (this is harder than you'd think) and slipped right past.  It would be entirely possible to fight your way through, of course.  People have done that as well.  It's entirely possible to reach the goal, it's just that it's tricky.

Nope! Your turrets refuse to function unless you are there to watch them.
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: June 30, 2009, 07:37:05 am »

Uber turrets are different.  You place one on the planet, and when you're there it flies around and destroys enemies.  When you aren't there, you get the invasion message and then it shortly goes away, and I still have the planet.  It's always worked for me.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: June 30, 2009, 08:31:58 am »

Actually your defenses are active even while your not there but they often underestimate their strength.

So if you have a lot of Uber Turrets then a planet should be safe even if it is attacked unless it is the Grox or a 5 empire. (Or those pirate stealth ships... but those are harmless especially if you can afford Uber Turrets)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 08:33:50 am by Neonivek »

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: June 30, 2009, 09:02:24 am »

I can't remember exactly, but I think I ended up just flying between two planets over and over again until I maxed my distance per jump(well, after I got close and found out that I needed to max it out, and got there by jumping quickly and settling strategic worlds to get a respawn. With ludicrously imbalanced stuff like the shield and the ability to respawn for free at the nearest planet it really wasn't difficult to finish, when I did it I couldn't have had more than 3 uber turrets, I think I just broke the bank on a planet destroyer that I couldn't be bothered using...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: June 30, 2009, 02:14:27 pm »

yeh but reaching the goal without going through the game isn't excatly fun.

and cant you only have one uber turret on each planet?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: June 30, 2009, 02:16:41 pm »

yeh but reaching the goal without going through the game isn't excatly fun.

and cant you only have one uber turret on each planet?

You only need one Uber Turret per planet anyhow.

It is hardly a weakness.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: June 30, 2009, 02:22:43 pm »

still, needing to buy an expensive turret for every single one of your planets is a little ridiculous.

and you cant do that for all your allies either.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: June 30, 2009, 02:26:37 pm »

still, needing to buy an expensive turret for every single one of your planets is a little ridiculous.

and you cant do that for all your allies either.

You don't need to give it to your allies... They don't take pernament damage from invasions.

A few Purple, Green, and Pink planets and you can afford a multiple Uber Turrets per trip.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: June 30, 2009, 02:31:47 pm »

You don't need allies.  You can minimize on allies, if you actually have troubles with that.

And I never had problems buying uber turrets.  Just make sure you have one or two worlds with rare spices on high production.  By the time you'd need a lot of uber turrets, you'll have lots of planets, and should have lots of income.  And you really only need the u-turrets for planets on the edge of enemy territory.
Just so I remember

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: June 30, 2009, 02:33:08 pm »

Allies are good in the sense that they tend to pay better for your Spices then you yourself do.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: June 30, 2009, 04:32:33 pm »

rare species?

Zironic

• Bay Watcher
  • [SDRAW_KCAB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: June 30, 2009, 05:09:30 pm »

If you really want to be a hyper-active spice trader, you can find place where they'll pay 20,000 per spice, which is awesome when you have like 50 of that type. My home planet produces huge amounts of blue spice via trading, thus I always try to sell high.
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 97