Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 97

Author Topic: Spore  (Read 100209 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spore
« Reply #1035 on: January 27, 2009, 07:31:03 am »

yes very nice but i wasnt even being serious....your starting to troll me plz stop

Well if by troll you mean correct then yes!

You HAVE to expect someone, albiet me, to correct you when you make false statements especially ones you say half-jokingly. (You said it as a joke, but for all intents and purposes you fully believed the joke to be true). I won't knowingly allow people to spread rumors even in jest.

You need to take my corrections less seriously.

Also everyone they finally posted a video of the game. Your creatures can get rocket launchers! No I don't mean have a rocket launcher pasted to the body that does nothing... I mean FLAT OUT ROCKET LAUNCHER!!!

I may have to reinstall Spore for the expansion... but it is a pain to redownload all my guys.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 07:41:12 am by Neonivek »

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: January 27, 2009, 08:01:48 am »

Neonivek, I thought that your are still playing with Spore on a daily basis.  ;D

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: January 27, 2009, 08:06:04 am »

Neonivek, I thought that your are still playing with Spore on a daily basis.  ;D

No what happened was my computer broke for unrelated reasons and I havn't reinstalled it yet because I can't be bothered.

Well more specifically because I really don't want to redownload ALL my creatures all over again.

So I havn't played it in a few months...

What can I say I love the creation system and I have mastered hair! (honestly check my creations out Tormy!)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 08:18:06 am by Neonivek »

Rhodan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: January 27, 2009, 08:38:01 am »

The video on the site looked pretty sweet, though I couldn't turn the sound up at work.
The only thing I'm afraid of is too low complexity limit on Adventures, or a sucky integration with the rest of the game.  I don't want to have to click a button to "warp" to adventure planet 17 and play through a quest, I want to fly around and discover a planet with a village with people needing my superior help.
Adventures for the other stages would've been nice, but possibly tricky to have appear in other people's games.
All in all, I think the Galactic Adventures will probably be a really nice addition to an otherwise mediocre game.

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #1039 on: January 27, 2009, 11:35:12 am »

I have never played spore. I have determined that it sucks for various reasons:

• it just does
  • i dont have it, so it must suck
  • we have a left handed president
  • i figured it would be in my best interest to say it sucks, so that i may appear superior to those who like it

EDIT: I forgot the last reason:
It has no ascii characters to represent your "guys"
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 11:36:46 am by ductape »
I got nothing

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: January 27, 2009, 03:12:12 pm »

we have a left handed president

He is left handed? or is he a left side candidate?

Ohh well, hardly matters as he isn't my president and Canada is in a pretty bad governmental fix.

Granite26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: January 27, 2009, 08:14:46 pm »

a pretty bad governmental fix.
What's the opposite of oxymoron?

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: January 27, 2009, 09:01:24 pm »

an oxygenius.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: January 27, 2009, 09:02:37 pm »

Appropriate? Perfect match? DESTYNI?
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: January 28, 2009, 07:08:25 am »

ok so back on topic, will installing it once on your computer then erasing it use up one of your installs?

Rhodan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: January 28, 2009, 08:16:01 am »

EA has released an unauthorization tool that removes a computer from the list of PCs Spore has been installed on, freeing up one of your 5 installs.  This can even be done without uninstalling Spore so you can install it as many times as you like on any PC.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: January 28, 2009, 09:11:46 am »

Tautology. Or pleonasm.
Not sure which one applies here.

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: January 28, 2009, 10:51:45 am »

No what happened was my computer broke for unrelated reasons and I havn't reinstalled it yet because I can't be bothered.

Well more specifically because I really don't want to redownload ALL my creatures all over again.

So I havn't played it in a few months...

What can I say I love the creation system and I have mastered hair! (honestly check my creations out Tormy!)

Yeah, I've seen your creations, quite impressive, I must say. I also agree that the creature creator itself is very good. It's a shame, that I only liked that part of the game... :-\

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: April 09, 2009, 01:45:52 pm »

Spore: Galactic Adventures - New Screenshots!
http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=61561

[If you reply, please stay on-topic, we don't need yet another round of debate about "spore sucks! - no it isn't!".  ;)]

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: April 09, 2009, 02:00:52 pm »

I personally liked Spore Creatures more, and even then only because of its innovative character display style for the platform. Galactic Adventures is trying to expand on a flawed concept. Spore will need a complete overhaul before it can become worth something.

Oh, oh, I just remembered something! That one Evolution Vs Intelligent Design discussion in Creative Projects a while back made me think over the Spore concept again. After looking at it for a short while, I realized what was wrong with the concept - it's not Evolution, it's Intelligent Design, more or less actually "playing God" as some were saying. EA labelling it as a "game of Evolution" is one big lie.
(going off on a tangent about EA and lies for a moment - the russian version of Battleforge suddenly decided to ship with only one starter deck and 2000 points, as opposed to four decks and 3000 points of "normal version" - EA whipped up a response saying that russians pay less for the game, so should receive less; the fact that simply ordering a valid key for a pirated version to get the original setup would cost far less somehow didn't cross their minds)
Returning to the topic, I don't think GA adds a significant enough amount of gameplay to Spore, so it won't attrac those who already oppose Spore. Sadly, it won't stop those who consider it a playable game from actually buying the thing.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 97