Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 97

Author Topic: Spore  (Read 100200 times)

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
Re: Spore
« Reply #1020 on: January 24, 2009, 09:34:51 am »

Galactic Adventures sounds a lot like it's turning Spore into, uh, LittleBigSpore.  Anyone else notice that?
Not a half-bad idea, actually...

Yeah I agree...we shall see that how it's gonna turn out.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: January 24, 2009, 11:42:23 am »

Not to take a jab at anyone, but how can people even subconciously hope for good things from the next pack?
Are you serious?
Galactic Adventures will allow you to completely customise the planets that will play home to your adventures. You'll be able to change the colour of their terrain, water, sky and atmosphere, play with the time of day, alter the temperature and create continents, before populating them with your choice of assets from the millions that Sporepedia houses.
Maxis will provide plenty of default start pieces for you to play with, including classic items such as bombs, exploding barrels, keys and jump pads, while new abilities will be added to the creature editors so that you'll have access to hover packs, jet packs, flaming swords, blaster rifles and the like.
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=206257 <--Read the entire article.  Do it.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: January 24, 2009, 12:47:15 pm »

Galactic Adventures will allow you to completely customise the planets that will play home to your adventures. You'll be able to change the colour of their terrain, water, sky and atmosphere, ... alter the temperature and create continents, before populating them with your choice of assets from the millions that Sporepedia houses.
Hang on a minute, it will let us change the colour of the terrain, like we already can. It will let us change the colour of the water, like we already can. It will let us change the colour of the sky, like we already can. It will let us change the colour of the atmosphere, seriously wtf? isn't that just another way of saying you can change the colour of the sky. It will let us change the temperature you mean like the way I already spent many joyless hours doing just to let me colonise a new planet. Create continents you mean like the way we already can. And populating them with our choice of assets just like we already could. Sounds to me like they fiddled around with a few numbers and called it new content, not that I expected anything else.
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: January 24, 2009, 12:58:38 pm »

As much as I would defend Spore to the death...

I believe this new expansion is SimChoper II.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: January 24, 2009, 01:05:51 pm »

Galactic Adventures will allow you to completely customise the planets that will play home to your adventures. You'll be able to change the colour of their terrain, water, sky and atmosphere, ... alter the temperature and create continents, before populating them with your choice of assets from the millions that Sporepedia houses.
Hang on a minute, it will let us change the colour of the terrain, like we already can. It will let us change the colour of the water, like we already can. It will let us change the colour of the sky, like we already can. It will let us change the colour of the atmosphere, seriously wtf? isn't that just another way of saying you can change the colour of the sky. It will let us change the temperature you mean like the way I already spent many joyless hours doing just to let me colonise a new planet. Create continents you mean like the way we already can. And populating them with our choice of assets just like we already could. Sounds to me like they fiddled around with a few numbers and called it new content, not that I expected anything else.

Well, it looks like we can modify and color partial sectors of the planet and not the whole... So we can end with "white" snow caps, green bogs and yellow deserts. I think that this is what was necessary in the original game but now it comes under "super expansion pack" name. So, basically, like with sims, we get new content which is quite nice to be in the game and adds something unique but still I don't get WHY DON'T WE HAVE it in the original game, it's so simple.. Oh wait, quit ranting, Deon, it's a great tactic to make money, why shouldn't they do it again if it works :).

Also, they are quite honest and don't deny it:
"Basically these were all developer tools for the original Spore," says Roarty, "and now we're giving them all to the player."
So they tell us that they don't add anything really because it was already in, they just allow us to use it for money. Honest people :).
« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 01:08:37 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Rhodan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: January 24, 2009, 02:48:34 pm »

I'm pretty sure they mean to say that you can do all this via the Adventure Creator.  As in, scripted.  So you can have an adventure that includes the world being flooded, or heated to magmanic proportions.  After that we can put any pieces and buildings and critters from the Sporepedia on them any way we like, and give them dialogue, behaviour and actions.  Then other people could land on the planet and encounter the "scene" we set up, trying to finish it as soon as possible, or with the best score.
From what I've read in the article I linked to earlier, making a DF-like planet would be entirely possible.  We could make dwarf-like critters and stuff them in a fortress made from various pieces, complete with "flood the world" lever.  Heh, we could promote DF this way by introducing the game to the players.
Of course, you could do all that already from inside your spaceship, it's just some different numbers, that's all.  No new content, no sir.  Not a bit!

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: January 24, 2009, 09:17:52 pm »

this better be good....but im still  not buying it

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: January 24, 2009, 09:21:25 pm »

this better be good....but im still  not buying it

This is kinda hillarious

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: January 25, 2009, 11:33:43 pm »

how?

Wooty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: January 25, 2009, 11:36:28 pm »

He he he, something like "This damn well better be a good game. If it isn't, I won't buy it. If it is, I won't buy it." I would sig it but it looks weird out of context.
Quote from: Toady One
It's important to wear lots of face paint while you program. And you can type with your long Gene Simmons tongue.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: January 26, 2009, 06:45:25 am »

misunderstood me, i dont buy that its a gonna be as they say, as i dont belive it.

Okenido

• Bay Watcher
  • Loli Advocate
    • View Profile
    • New Various Nonsense
« Reply #1031 on: January 26, 2009, 08:31:24 pm »

I'm just waiting for them to release all the expansion packs to see if I should actually reinstall this game on my computer.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: January 26, 2009, 10:39:28 pm »

that mean you already lost one install...lol

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: January 26, 2009, 11:48:17 pm »

that mean you already lost one install...lol

Uhhhh... not exactly...

Or rather... incorrect entirely :P

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: January 27, 2009, 01:36:19 am »

yes very nice but i wasnt even being serious....your starting to troll me plz stop
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 97