Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 97

Author Topic: Spore  (Read 100231 times)

I3erent

• Bay Watcher
  • The mounted dwarf has gone bErZeRk
    • View Profile
Re: Spore
« Reply #1005 on: January 21, 2009, 08:44:21 pm »

Now their will be a galactic expansion pak coming out, oh joy.
isnt dat lovely?
quot;I got really stoned a couple days ago and ended up talking to THIS GUY. anyway... I''m really drunk now. The guy said: There is this application called "Mya" MI-AH that makes animations of people that he paid $2000 for. F- that Jazz ARMOK ROCKS. FIGHT THE MAN, GO TEAM!

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: January 21, 2009, 10:56:13 pm »

Now their will be a galactic expansion pak coming out, oh joy.
isnt dat lovely?
What?
Was that English?  I can't tell.
Evolution game Spore is set to get its first expansion pack this spring, in the form of Galactic Adventures.

Online retailers such as Amazon and Play have had the title listed for a week or so now, but EA made the official announcement today with an invite sent to some of the US gaming industry, inviting them to an event about the "Spore 2009 line-up".

Line-up? Sounds like we could be getting more than just an expansion pack this year. The event is planned for the end of the month in San Francisco, so we can no doubt expect more details on what Galactic Adventures will be all about, and anything else Maxis has up its sleeve, then.
You have no idea how hard it is to find actual information on it.
But it's still something that has to be done for a valid post about it.
Yup, Galactic Adventures.  Has to be some additions to Space stage.  Since it's the only time you truly see flora (you CANNOT see the Sporepedia card [as you get when you click on other creatures in any stage, or scan flora or animals in Space] for flora before Space stage) thus lending itself to be the prime place for a flora editor.
At least, I hope.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Granite26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: January 22, 2009, 01:54:59 pm »

Is it just me, or is does EA have a bad habit of milking it's (casual) user base for additional content provided by the mod community for other games?  (Think Sims and now Spore...)  Heck, HalfLife has entirely new GAMES being modded out of it and these guys are selling new shirts and noses?

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: January 22, 2009, 03:39:23 pm »

what happened to the class action lawsuit on EA? it is still going or did they lose? (if they win they bribed the jury AND judge)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: January 22, 2009, 06:48:42 pm »

Is it just me, or is does EA have a bad habit of milking it's (casual) user base for additional content provided by the mod community for other games?  (Think Sims and now Spore...)  Heck, HalfLife has entirely new GAMES being modded out of it and these guys are selling new shirts and noses?
The term is called "milking a cash cow". It's what legitimate businesses do. Coke does it too, but for Coke. They are *supposed* to use the funds used from milking to fund experimental projects.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: January 22, 2009, 07:38:56 pm »

what happened to the class action lawsuit on EA? it is still going or did they lose? (if they win they bribed the jury AND judge)

If you read the case... It was held up by rumors and misinformation.

The Lawyer was ill-prepared and didn't do his research.

Chances are EA was going to win due to the way arguements function. (The more incorrect information you give... the less people are willing to accept the correct information) which unfortunately still holds up in court.

ASDGSdtgdsofdgskdfgsedfgjwldtgjekldfgwkldfgwmk.dfgde

Agdune

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: January 22, 2009, 10:09:46 pm »

You mean... enough people bought the crap 'n creepy pack to justify releasing more? I was thinking it was about as popular as dora the explorer games (though that's probably just because every shop around here has the spore stuff alongside the aformentioned spanish girl)
I'm Mr. Cellophane

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: January 23, 2009, 04:27:08 am »

If you read the case... It was held up by rumors and misinformation.

The Lawyer was ill-prepared and didn't do his research.

Chances are EA was going to win due to the way arguements function. (The more incorrect information you give... the less people are willing to accept the correct information) which unfortunately still holds up in court.

ASDGSdtgdsofdgskdfgsedfgjwldtgjekldfgwkldfgwmk.dfgde

the case was i think 26 pages long...or was it 36. and your the first ive heard say that. other people who have read it have said its solid. also remember that there are several class action lawsuits out there because more hten one can be made for the same thing.

Rhodan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: January 23, 2009, 06:05:36 am »

Hmm, the Galactic Adventures expansion seems rather neat, actually:
http://www.shacknews.com/featuredarticle.x?id=1067

It sorta turns Spore into an Adventure Creator.  Combined with all the Creator tools I think people will make some very nifty things.  The gameplay might still turn out to be bland, but storyline and humour can certainly spice up any game.  We could make a Dwarf Fortress adventure!
I'm certainly going to get it, just to see what sort of stuff people make.

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: January 23, 2009, 07:42:27 am »

I'm certainly not paying for it but I may still end up having it if I get insanely bored at some point after it comes out, I feel like I should go into a detailed description of how I will acquire it just so Toady will lock this thread once and for all but that might also make him angry at me.
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: January 23, 2009, 07:59:59 am »

Bad habit or not, they still make a lot of money.  ;D

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: January 23, 2009, 05:19:19 pm »

i suggest you wait til it comes out, see if its any good, then buy it if you really want to

Rhodan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: January 23, 2009, 06:10:50 pm »

I think that's very sound advice for ny modern games these days.  Advertising got bigger than the games themselves these days, leading to disappointment.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: January 23, 2009, 10:07:37 pm »

Galactic Adventures sounds a lot like it's turning Spore into, uh, LittleBigSpore.  Anyone else notice that?
Not a half-bad idea, actually...
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Agdune

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: January 24, 2009, 05:42:03 am »

Not to take a jab at anyone, but how can people even subconciously hope for good things from the next pack? The entire SPORE story is a lesson in why you should never get your hopes up about anything new ever. Learn your lessons people! :p

Edit: Except Dwarf Fortress, because Toady cares about his project and doesn't have to worry about meddling. Get as excited as you want about upcoming releases, I'll join you in that :D
« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 05:43:54 am by Agdune »
I'm Mr. Cellophane
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 97