Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 97

Author Topic: Spore  (Read 100226 times)

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
Re: Spore
« Reply #990 on: January 16, 2009, 11:50:22 am »

dragging corpses would still be in - it was possible since the first Hitman game.
Oh Yes!!! that was ragdoll physics and I didn't even realize! I LOVED DRAGGING CORPSES  ;D
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: January 17, 2009, 07:14:25 am »

dragging corpses would still be in - it was possible since the first Hitman game.
Oh Yes!!! that was ragdoll physics and I didn't even realize! I LOVED DRAGGING CORPSES  ;D

Yeah that was fun indeed.  ;D While we are at it, I think that the Hitman games were quite cool, too bad the movie sucked imo.  ::)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: January 18, 2009, 10:51:16 am »

ive got most of the  hitman games on gametap...and wow this thread is derailing

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: January 18, 2009, 01:17:54 pm »

Great... I leave for a second and I have no idea what the coversation is about.

Are we still on: "Spore has more then documented its changes from the 2005 video long before a week before it was released"?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: January 18, 2009, 01:50:53 pm »

As far as I'm aware, we're still on topic, barring a few unrelated posts about Hitman.

The problem is that the later videos never received the same amount of publicity the early video did. So, for most casual gamers out there, the 2005 video was still a valid representation of the game - and mind you, the average casual gamer is what the game was eventually aimed at. The fact that a select few - like you, for example - managed to collect the data and process it to understand what Spore was going to be does not undo the fact the developers and publishers made little effort to promote the later videos or establish the 2005 one as no longer representing the goals of the game.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: January 18, 2009, 01:54:34 pm »

"The problem is that the later videos never received the same amount of publicity the early video did"

Don't I know it... Everytime on GameFAQs someone who was new asked to see a video... Guess what they would give to him? the 2005 video.

Though it was too wide spread for even me to correct... I did have to tell them that the video is horrifically out of date. (2006 ALONE proven much of that video false)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: January 19, 2009, 04:05:47 am »

i hope that the economic depression wipes out EA...dont care how many other companies it wipes out....except vault, they need to stay

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: January 19, 2009, 10:52:29 am »

ok forget it im not calling it physics anymore.

when that three legged alligator's tail swayed, and how it walked oddly, and how tweeties head shifted all over the place, what are those called? someone give me a name

The way things are heavy and pulled by gravity is part of the physics engine, namely, gravity simulation or whatever (physics involves mostly things like gravity, inertia and collisions). The way bones kinda try to constrain motion (so you don't look like that girl from the Exorcist) is called Inverse Kinematics, so that's what keeps the head from falling into the ground and what sways the tail.

Ragdolls physics is just when a dead/unconscious character becomes all limp and lets gravity and physics do its work. In combination with IK it can be applied to upright characters so they react realistically to things like punches. There's a trick where you apply IK to only the feet of a char but leave the rest of its skeleton obeying a prerecorded animation, to make for instance, the legs conform to the terrain; it's sort of as if you had a hovering butt at a predetermined distance of the ground and more or less positioned your thighs in any way you wanted but your lower legs just hanged out until they hit something. They use that in Fallout 3 and I assume they use it in Spore too.

Spore actually uses a lot of these inverse kinematic things but mostly it's just a sort of metaball character creation that adds bones dynamically. It's more like having your own simplified 3D animation package, and having the animations slightly modified to fit the new monster skeletons. But once that's done, it's not different as any other game where the animator has made all these things by hand.

It's like the Google SketchUp of creature makers with a sort of integrated demo walking engine.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 11:02:15 am by Sergius »

I3erent

• Bay Watcher
  • The mounted dwarf has gone bErZeRk
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: January 19, 2009, 08:24:51 pm »

Screw you EA, give us madden 09 4 tha PC PusSiEs........................................
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 08:42:57 pm by I3erent »
quot;I got really stoned a couple days ago and ended up talking to THIS GUY. anyway... I''m really drunk now. The guy said: There is this application called "Mya" MI-AH that makes animations of people that he paid $2000 for. F- that Jazz ARMOK ROCKS. FIGHT THE MAN, GO TEAM!

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: January 20, 2009, 10:59:35 am »

Glad i pirated this one. oops....  Screw you EA, give us madden 09 4 tha PC PusSiEs........................................

Bleh, do not talk about pirated games in this topic please, in fact Toady has stated that he is absolutely against this behaviour.  ::)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: January 20, 2009, 11:36:46 am »

Why are you guys still even discussing this? It's like conducting an autopsy on big hair and shiny clothes. You guys are way passé.

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: January 20, 2009, 12:12:49 pm »

Glad i pirated this one. oops....  Screw you EA, give us madden 09 4 tha PC PusSiEs........................................

Bleh, do not talk about pirated games in this topic please, in fact Toady has stated that he is absolutely against this behaviour.  ::)
When did he say that? Closest I can remember him coming is saying not to talk about how to do it since that is illegal and could causes the forum to be taken down.
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: January 20, 2009, 02:50:50 pm »

And him locking a thread where he said it as well.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: January 20, 2009, 05:42:23 pm »

And him locking a thread where he said it as well.
He said do not link or hint at where to find places to download things illegally, the speaking of such behaviour is not prohibited as far as I am aware. This isn't Taleworlds, where the word 'pirate' and 'I' in the same sentence gets you a warning and a ban.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: January 21, 2009, 10:05:12 am »

iPirate.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 97