Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 97

Author Topic: Spore  (Read 100304 times)

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
Re: Spore
« Reply #900 on: November 03, 2008, 11:18:03 am »

Not Peter Molyneux.

Will Wright and Sid Meier would be better making a game together.

Just combine Stardock and the old SSI game devs, and voila: the perfect game development team is ready to roll!  ;D

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: November 03, 2008, 01:09:49 pm »

Not Peter Molyneux.

Why not all three? Molyneux is really better off in a lesser role though, he should not be a lead designer, he needs someone to keep his enthusiasm in check.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: November 03, 2008, 02:12:23 pm »

I wonder what kind of game would the two Chris Taylors make.. (one was the designer of Fallout, the other created Total Annihilation)
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: November 03, 2008, 02:14:09 pm »

Not Peter Molyneux.

Why not all three? Molyneux is really better off in a lesser role though, he should not be a lead designer, he needs someone to keep his enthusiasm in check.

Why not just take all the funding and support ever given to any of them and give it all to Toady while not reducing his control of the project in any way?
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: November 03, 2008, 02:18:37 pm »

o no i just thought of soemthing

if toady speeds up production by hiring people could that change the way the game works?

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: November 03, 2008, 02:46:02 pm »

Just leave David Braben out of the all-stars line-up, or it [the super cool game] will never get released. ;)
My images bucket for WIPs and such: link

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: November 03, 2008, 04:15:50 pm »

Just leave David Braben out of the all-stars line-up, or it [the super cool game] will never get released. ;)

Eh, the same is true about Clive Blakemore.  ;D
Grimoire is development for lot of years now. It's a shame since the game looked like a decent oldschool Wizardry clone..
http://grimoiresystems.com/

PS. Look at the website:  New website coming soon - july 2008. Oh the irony... :D
PS 2. Some good comments can be found here about the game:
http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=21598   ;D
« Last Edit: November 03, 2008, 04:19:49 pm by Tormy »

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: December 20, 2008, 03:10:06 pm »

Spore DRM De-Authorization Tool Released

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/56443

As the controversial DRM behind EA Maxis' popular simulation allows the game to be installed on up to five different computer, this tool removes a machine from the list, freeing up an authorization slot for another install on a different computer.

-----

Heh, may I say that EA was wtfpwned?  ;D

firefly28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: December 20, 2008, 06:21:37 pm »

I got to the center of the galaxy within 2 weeks, the game is medicore and yes it is enjoyable for a time, a very short time. I realise everyone will see it differant but lets just put it this way, I noticed at the start of this thread some said "Its a shame they dumbed it down" , now Im not sure if that was a corrolation made with the old and new videos just before release when this thread started but I have to say "Yes" it was indeed dumbed down and badly and after Spore thats exactly when I realised the whole pigeon holing of gamers into hardcore and casual gamers is very detrimental because anything bad said about spore, its said "Ow well its not for hardcore gamers" and thats an excuse for the game seriously under-delivering and WW and his team (what at least in my view) overpromising what his team wasnt capable off.

Add insult to injury they imposed an absolutely crazy stupid terrible 3 install limit rental crap and well if you just look at the piracy stats fo spore gamers have hit back with Spore being billed by the news as one of the most pirated games ever. They then added an extra 2 installs and then in game it was found that there were remnants of a more complex game, i.e cell editor extras etc, like the game had been cut up so they could franchise it in a ridiculous manner like the sims. Next they bring out the parts pack which is waaay overly priced and tbh because spore is massive that kind of thing should have been comming free in patches. I waited on Spore fo 3 to 4 years and its been a HUGE dissapointement to me, all thiss justfied watering down in the name of the casual gamer, lets just get back to what is a quality game for all and what is not (A good game should be both accesible and deep)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: December 20, 2008, 08:20:36 pm »

its a grade A scam. i dont think the DRM is even for piracy. just to stop people from reselling it.

EA should step out of the game industry

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: December 20, 2008, 10:08:45 pm »

Oh my god it's back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Runs around screaming
 Why wont it die?!?!?!
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

lumin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: December 20, 2008, 10:20:32 pm »

Runs around screaming
 Why wont it die?!?!?!

Why do you think it's called "Spore".  Just when you thought you've killed it, the virus spreads to a new host.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: December 20, 2008, 11:05:25 pm »

Runs around screaming
 Why wont it die?!?!?!

Why do you think it's called "Spore".  Just when you thought you've killed it, the virus spreads to a new host.
I dunno, spore is more of a fungi type of thing.

But yes, look underground the forum and you will see many little spore mushrooms in some crack.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Agdune

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: December 21, 2008, 07:31:52 am »

I honestly forgot I even had the game installed on my computer. Haven't touched it since 3 days after buying it. Even now, I feel no urge whatsoever to interact with it in any fashion, it's just serving its role of keeping a few gigs of HDD space reserved for that special time when I find some sort of entertainment-related program I wish to install.

I wish I could go back in time and tell myself to not buy it. I could have bought so many groceries instead :(
I'm Mr. Cellophane

Wooty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: December 21, 2008, 04:15:51 pm »

You bought it? You're doing it wrong :(

Yeah, I haven't touched it for weeks now. I think I might have even deleted it some time or another. Even the few fun parts of spore get super old super fast.
Quote from: Toady One
It's important to wear lots of face paint while you program. And you can type with your long Gene Simmons tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 97