Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 97

Author Topic: Spore  (Read 100358 times)

McDoomhammer

• Bay Watcher
  • Uses: Ore of irony
    • View Profile
Re: Spore
« Reply #840 on: October 19, 2008, 08:48:17 pm »

What what sued what?
"KILL, KILL, KILL! NOTHING SHALL STAND BETWEEN US AND THE CEREAL BAR!"
-The Violent Council of Breakfast

Okenido

• Bay Watcher
  • Loli Advocate
    • View Profile
    • New Various Nonsense
« Reply #841 on: October 19, 2008, 09:06:53 pm »

DRM... EA being sued by that.

So where is the ignore function anyway? I need it so I don't have to see Micro102's posts until he gains basic literacy.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: October 19, 2008, 10:22:49 pm »

Still, there's no way we can punch anyone who buys the game in the back of the head, so there's not much point in whining about it.

maybe we should try

sry about my literacy, i dont bother with spell check because its a waste of time to me and it still doesnt completly correct the sentence, and ranting only makes its worse.

McDoomhammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: October 20, 2008, 06:35:21 am »

Still, there's no way we can punch anyone who buys the game in the back of the head, so there's not much point in whining about it.

maybe we should try

sry about my literacy, i dont bother with spell check because its a waste of time to me and it still doesnt completly correct the sentence, and ranting only makes its worse.

Oh.  Well, in that case, sorry for wasting your time by asking common courtesy.  You're right, of course, proper spelling only matters to everyone who reads it, not you.  And if spell checker doesn't fix everything, why bother learning to write comprehensibly in the first place?  Just inconvenient.

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: October 20, 2008, 06:49:46 am »

OM NOM NOM! I can't run SPORE! I can't even Pirate it!
So I'm saved from the DRM. Hooray! I just back to playing rougelike.
* IndonesiaWarMinister vanish

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: October 20, 2008, 02:31:29 pm »

maybe we should try

Oh.  Well, in that case, sorry for wasting your time by asking common courtesy.  You're right, of course, proper spelling only matters to everyone who reads it, not you.  And if spell checker doesn't fix everything, why bother learning to write comprehensibly in the first place?  Just inconvenient.

dont even start, a war on this just finished on another forum and we won. people can understand me and thats all thats needed

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: October 20, 2008, 03:43:19 pm »

a war on this just finished on another forum and we won.

Are you sure?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: October 20, 2008, 04:02:12 pm »

a war on this just finished on another forum and we won.

Are you sure?

Id drop it, If they said they won they won.

Besides they argue on the basis that we require proof that Spore is good and that spore being bad goes without saying.

Also I finally found the videos which state that many of the 2005 effects were never in the game and strictly impossible... It was part of the DICE videos! (If I remember correctly!). Of course nothing started more Rumors then the DICE videos except for the DRM itself (Many people spread rumors on what it actually did).

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: October 20, 2008, 04:11:42 pm »

I can't believe that you lads are still arguing about this.  :D
Spore is a very "special" game it seems. You either hate it, or love it, there is no middle ground. Just keep in mind, this topic was created to talk about the game itself. It's ok if we talk about other things, such as "I like it..I don't", but it's not ok, if we're talking about this all the time.  ;)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: October 20, 2008, 04:25:24 pm »

ok back on topic.

EA should either give full discounts and a program that will remove the securom and game or at least a program that will just remove the securom without changing the rest of the computer

putting it in spore, not telling anyone about it, and having it install to the core of your computer for full control is just illegal

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: October 20, 2008, 04:29:30 pm »

after i downloaded the first patch, spore crash on every stage but cell. when i finish cell stage, it crash after creature editor. also, at the beginning of cell, i can't see my cell. anyone has any ideas about what is happening? spore could be much better, but it still has some hours of playing to be used!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: October 20, 2008, 04:36:45 pm »

after i downloaded the first patch, spore crash on every stage but cell. when i finish cell stage, it crash after creature editor. also, at the beginning of cell, i can't see my cell. anyone has any ideas about what is happening? spore could be much better, but it still has some hours of playing to be used!

Yeah Ive heard of people having problems after installing patches. Unfortunately I have no idea how to fix it or why it is oddly common in Maxis Games.

McDoomhammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: October 20, 2008, 04:41:25 pm »

maybe we should try

dont even start, a war on this just finished on another forum and we won. people can understand me and thats all thats needed

Well, that told me.  Won an argument on another forum!  If only I'd known.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: October 20, 2008, 04:59:22 pm »

2 important things

1) you would think after how many problems and bugs there were with the creature creator demo that they would do something about it instead of releasing a game that crashes on more then half the computers that play it.

2) a game that has been in development for 8 year, constantly being pushed back, should not end up as spore is. they obviously messed with it in the middle of production and got bad results. id rather play just the cell/creature version with all the physics and verbs then the garbage they put out

Reasonableman

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Probably.
    • View Profile
    • Twitter is dead, long live Cohost
« Reply #854 on: October 20, 2008, 08:13:00 pm »

STOP YELLING AT EACH OTHER!!!

*runs into corner and starts sobbing hysterically*
A sane man must be reasonable, but a reasonable man need not be sane.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 97