Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 97

Author Topic: Spore  (Read 100383 times)

Bingbing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spore
« Reply #780 on: October 16, 2008, 05:37:06 pm »

Not like it's going to change anything, but the second patch is out.

Nothing much, only two major differences (i.e, not bugfixes) are the removal of the Bad Baby achievement (get a creation banned), and there are now cube planets.

(Note: The cube planets actually are shaped like cubes.)
Beware. Not of the E, or of the U, or even of the &, @, and b. Beware the #.<BR>(Translation:) Beware. Not of the elephants, or of the unicorns, or even the demons, carp, and badgers. Beware the husks, for they are relentless, corrupting, and unstoppable. Only the might of hell itself can even keep it in check; and only for a small period of time. If one sees such a being; run away, unless you like the idea of joining their ranks.

Wooty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: October 16, 2008, 05:47:50 pm »

Cube planets? Cube planets?

Where did that ascii jean-luc picard facepalm thing go...
Quote from: Toady One
It's important to wear lots of face paint while you program. And you can type with your long Gene Simmons tongue.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: October 16, 2008, 06:00:25 pm »

PLEASE no ASCII art... I can't stand the stuff (unless you put it in the Spoiler Tag)

It is pretty cool for a patch to include that. I am happy they didn't cart that off to an expansion.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: October 17, 2008, 12:13:52 am »

By the way, that freaky creature looks hot!
Inches away from umiman
Noooo, you don't get it. See, it's supposed to be a fiery creature from the planet of herni-err... infernia. That's why it's hot. Get it? Hot... fiery... heh... heh... gonna shut up now.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: October 17, 2008, 03:35:15 am »

Goddamnit umiman, quit edging in on my turf.

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: October 17, 2008, 08:26:41 am »

Umiman, too, has become stark raving mad!
He now loves Demoness because of, uh, their hotness! True! Don't sue me! HELP ME FROM THE EA LAWYERS!

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: October 17, 2008, 10:27:49 am »

Hurra Cube worlds, are you shore about now?
I wonder how cubez would fare during creature fase
Rather than having them directly force you to mine adamantine, I would suggest that they give you strange moods that require adamantine. "Dig out the adamantine or Urist here goes insane and dies" is suitably vicious.

(It occurs to me that you can probably get "Lovecraft" as the random name of your fortress. That's when you know you're screwed.)

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: October 17, 2008, 10:45:56 am »

Spore v1.02 Patch

D/L: http://www.gamershell.com/download_34438.shtml

Infos: http://www.gamershell.com/infosheets/511862.html

Features

* Hold down the Control key in Sporepedia to select multiple creations for deleting or banning.
* Hold down the Shift key in Sporepedia to select a range of creations for deleting or banning.
* New planet style: Cubes.

Graphics/Aesthetics

* Fix for game entry screen turning black when banning a creature in a Saved game.
* Fixed issue with flora card in Sporepedia.
* Space phase: Fixed graphic issue with water levels not updating properly with terraform tools so that visible water and atmosphere levels will now correspond in the Atmosphere monitor.
* Fixed problems introduced via atmospheric and drought terraforming tools.
* Improved gaits for multi-legged creatures.
* Improved gaits for creatures with 2 limbs, but without any feet.

Audio

* Space phase: Fixed missing VOX in some animations in Comm Screen.
* Fixed audio issue with switching mode to 5.1 breaking music and VOX.
* Fixed audio syncing issue when minimizing and/or maximizing Spore before opening video.
* Fixed crash with city music player when Save and Load dialogs are present.
* Fix for audio lag and missing models due background loading slow-down on certain single-processor machine configurations. This fix improved overall stability on this machine configuration.

Tuning

* Space phase: Tuned relationship status to update in communication window after completing a mission.
* Tribe phase: Tuned Normal difficulty mode to make social game easier.

Miscellaneous

* Fixed the ESC key to consistently skip the Spore introduction movie.
* Creators: YouTube video uploads are set to private. Go to YouTube.com and log in. Then go to Account >> My Videos to set them to Public if you want to share your videos with the world.
* Creators: Fixed limb joints not being selectable behind other limbs.
* Tribe phase: Fixed crash while harvesting fruit and fish.
* Space phase: Fixed timing bug using Planet Buster during Grox invasion.
* Space phase: Fixed destroyed turrets mission.
* Space phase: Fixed crash when zooming out to full galactic view from the center of the galaxy.
* Fixed for game entry screen staying zoomed in after deleting a game and entering/exiting Sporepedia.
* Space phase: Fixed City Hall updating bug. City Hall will now update to correct version if player has chosen a new City Hall during the transition from Civilization phase to Space phase.
* Space phase: Fixed Vehicles updating bug. Vehicles chosen in the Colony planner will now update without requiring the player to leave and re-enter a planet's atmosphere.
* Fixed crash when transitioning from Tribe phase to Civilization phase
* Discontinued the Bad Baby Achievement.

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: October 17, 2008, 12:09:10 pm »

Made social easier??? Social is stupidly easy as is it is!
*sighs* I want my money back. :(
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: October 17, 2008, 02:38:42 pm »

Made social easier??? Social is stupidly easy as is it is!
*sighs* I want my money back. :(

It is just a guess, but it could be that you no longer need your ENTIRE tribe to arm themselves with instruments when visiting other tribes, which annoyed me to no end since I couldn't leave anyone doing actual work like gathering or guarding the food from animals.

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: October 18, 2008, 04:26:11 am »

Can someone post a picture of a cube world when they bfind one, I am away from My house and am unable to download the patch at this moment in time.
Rather than having them directly force you to mine adamantine, I would suggest that they give you strange moods that require adamantine. "Dig out the adamantine or Urist here goes insane and dies" is suitably vicious.

(It occurs to me that you can probably get "Lovecraft" as the random name of your fortress. That's when you know you're screwed.)

WingDing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: October 18, 2008, 09:05:56 am »

cube planets

That's odd, because just recently I was thinking that Maxis might as well put in cube planets and other interesting but impossible things if they weren't going to make a serious effort to simulate things like evolution and physics.

That they actually did indicates the direction that this game is taking.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: October 18, 2008, 03:45:17 pm »

im beyond dissappointed in spore. not only did they dumbdown the gamepay to kindergardener lvl (literally, 4 year old could beat this game up to the space stage) with the exception of space stage because it is freakishly easy just takes 597985620hours to take over the galaxy because you get attacked every 30 seconds (also literally) and if you dont go there no matter how much defense you have your planet will die....even to the weak pirates.

also, spore has DRM and secuRom (sp?). the DRM not letting you download spore onto more then 3 different computers (this includes any change in hardware) which is basically renting the game

and secuRom is a program that installs itself on your computer on ring-0 (like the core of your computers programming), gives full control to EA, and cant be deleted without wiping your harddrive. basically a root-kit.

good news, EA did not put this in the EULA (the contract thing) or on the box so they are being sued because 100000's of people got it on their computer unwillingly.

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: October 18, 2008, 04:01:23 pm »

I still don't understand that WHAT THE HELL is the point in this DRM stuff. I am clueless.
1. Pirates don't give a damn about it, correct?
2. This is an annoyance factor for THOSE people, who actually BUY games.

I will be REALLY pissed if some upcoming game -what I will really like- will use this DRM protection method. Thankfully Stardock for example won't use it in their upcoming fantasy TBS.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: October 18, 2008, 04:07:14 pm »

Tormy what annoys me is the point of DRM is obvious to me but even when I point it out to others it isn't obvious to them...

DRM prevents you from taking the game and installing it on all your friend's computers. It also prevents you from wanting to give it out. Lastly it prevents resale of the game.

Internet Piracy isn't the only form of piracy and it is even questionable if it is the most prominant.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 97